• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I feel like Pathfinder could be the first Legend who needs a serious buff (and change) in the future. The zipline is a pretty weak ultra in comparison to others and only useful in special occasions and the other move isn't that useful in battle as I thought it would be. The range is also a little low for my taste.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
She not only revives teammates faster but she also deploys a shield protecting her. She has a robot that heals you when you get close to it and it has a quick recharge time. She might be OP.

This sounds fucking lovely. Medic was the only reason I stayed with BFV for as long as I did (and I only stayed for a month after getting the game free with my GPU).

Can't wait to try her out!

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Even a team that's slightly working together is way better with Lifeline on it

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The game has so many awesome little touches and clever mechanics...

I love the banners dotted around the map that highlight the current best team? (Along with the whole previous champions / kill leader thing to add additional meta competition).

The fact that you can quick equip an attachment on a gun that is stashed on your back so you aren't messing about switching / opening inventory unless you need to.

The contextual ping system with waypoint marker / distance to info for team etc.

Oct 27, 2017
She not only revives teammates faster but she also deploys a shield protecting her. She has a robot that heals you when you get close to it and it has a quick recharge time. If you have her combined with Gibraltar and Bangalore you have a pretty OP team.
Sure!

If you play in a synced team, at least, she is super strong since she can heal other people (and I have a hard time finding healing items actually). She can also call down support items, which can contain very strong items.

Phew! I think I need a cigarette. I'm sold!

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, is it just me or do the assault rifles get outclassed at basically all the ranges. Like I understand long and close but even in the mid engagements I feel at the back foot.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a video yet that goes over all the cool UI mechanics? Or has anyone made a longer post about them?

All these things read like a dream come true and I can't play till this evening, would love to watch something that covers this.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely feels like some weapon tweaking is in order. Semi auto rifles feel useless in close range and shotguns absolutely wreck.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Blackout is there aren't going to be huge sweeping changes. They want to sell you the next COD for that.

I should have seen it coming but you're not wrong, I was thinking about this the other day, how there hasn't really been any major additions. No upcoming new map etc.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it
Replying to see if it shows up. Can't see it either right now.

Edit: I see it!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've opened only 5 of their crate-things and already came across crafting material :/

those only show up if what you drew was a dupe, right?

I'm not entirely sure. I got 30 in one box, and 15 in another. So it's either random, or like how OW works when different rarity dupes give you different amounts of credits.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
This is the best battle royale game yet imo.

Is there any chance they might add a solo mode in the future?

Oct 25, 2017
game it a few matches, uninstalled it. I got no patience for this shit anymore, i don't get why everything has to be a Battle Royale nowadays. Seriously fuck Ninja, fuck Fortnite and fuck copycat developers. I just want a tight twitch shooter on small maps that isn't COD or Counter Strike that isn't dead. Clearly this is too much to ask. I won't lie i did enjoy Ring of Elysium briefly though.
Quake Champions, dude.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Been taking peeks at shroud's stream while working and fuck man, the game looks like SO much more fun than any other BR so far. Managed to get one or two friends interested in giving it a try with me tonight or later this week, too. Hope we all like it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting this post from reddit that lists some of the great touches this game has, not tried it myself so can't confirm any of this, but it all sounds really fucking good. I added my own responses in orange.

I am very, very surprised. It's incredibly well thought out, especially when it comes to small things:

You can ping practically everything. Wanna tell your teammates you want to loot the area? Or that there is a nice gun on the ground? Or mark enemy's position? Or let them know you need a scope for the sniper rifle? Or that you need this particular ammo type? Or mark the zipline you just created? Or tell them to defend this area? It's all here.

This sounds so good, it's something I've wanted from a team based pvp game for ages and it's always been drastically needed. Why it took this long I have no idea, but thank you Respawn!

You can respawn your teammates. Yes, respawns in a BR game. I think today I just read a comment jokingly saying that Respawn Entertainment can't make a BR game because you can't respawn in this genre. Guess what? The madmen did it! And the respawn mechanic is very fair: you need to recover your teammate's "banner", carry it to a special machine and he will be back in a few moments. The catch is, those machines will be hard to reach without spilling some blood.

One aspect of BR I didn't like was death = end of fun. I figured it was just part of the genre, but Respawn seem to have proven that wrong. This mechanic sounds both fair and satisfying. A team working together utilizing this mechanic could do very well.

Inventory management is very fast and responsive, although I don't like the fact that you must hold E to access dead body's backpack, and sometimes holding the key is a tiny bit too long, but hey, it's nothing they can't improve in just a single mouse click.

When you are jumping out the plane you can either go solo or you can jump in a trio, where only one player controls the flight. This is a FUCKING PERFECT feature for a game that is played in a squad of 3 with some random people.

Used to frustrate the hell out of me when someone would place a marker in Fortnite and 2 of the group would just jump to a random point and die moments later. This sounds like a really neat way to fix that, potentially of course as it seems optional.

Before the match starts, the game determines one "champion" squad, which to my understanding contains one player who has just won another match. Another small, but really cool feature. You can also see your squad's stats, but it looks like it's bugged right now, but don't worry, it should be easy to fix.

I like mechanics that mark players who are doing well, or revenge type markers, etc... just adds to the competitive fun and if someone is always blitzing the game this may help balance it a little as focus will be slightly more on them.

It has a proper training / shooting range mode. On day 1. Other developers, take notes.

Always good to read, should always be included.

I don't give a damn about skins or any other cosmetic stuff, but it's very well done here. There is a massive selection of gun skins (obviously we should expect more) but you can also change your character skins, portrait poses and frames, badges and even trackers (f.e. kill, victory, damage done, headshots and MANY more). But wait, there is more: intro and kill quips as well as finisher move animations (btw, those finishing moves are pretty much useless, but they will serve well as adding salt to injury).

Free to play can live or die on its MTs, and if they're cosmetic only and well varied and their are a good amount, you're off to a good start.

The microtransaction economy seems very fair. Yes, you can buy premium currency. Yes, there are loot boxes. But you can buy individual items as you want, or you can simply grind the crafting currency and get them this way.

I've read opposing opinions on this, but it's very early days. Hoping it's on the fairer side, obviously.

All in all, I am pleasantly surprised by all of the above. But please note, pretty much none of that is about core gameplay mechanics (gunplay, movement, weapon balance etc.), which I don't want to judge yet. However, it DOES feel like a slowed down Titanfall 2, which is a good thing.

Last edited:

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
After playing some Apex Legends yesterday it's clear to me that they just removed everything I loved from Titanfall 2 and just made a mix between Overwatch and Blackout.

The gameplay generally feels much slower without wallrunning and bunnyhopping. TBF bunnyhopping would be completely broken in BR but it also raised the skill ceiling considerably. It made room for some crazy ass plays.

There is still fun to be had but the fact that Titanfall 3 had to die for this makes me really bummed out.
I'll still play more just so I can see how it plays once everybody knows what they're doing.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the fact that Titanfall 3 had to die for this makes me really bummed out.

I´m not sure if there would have been a Titanfall 3 given how 2 did not set the world on fire sales wise.

Maybe this actually raises the chance for Titanfall 3 because it helps the brand.

I L.O.V.E. Titanfall 2. Replayed the entire campaign last weekend in anticipation of this.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I will miss Titanfall 3. TF2 was one of the best FPS campaigns I've ever played. TF1 PvP was incredible, 2 was good. The franchise was a bright spot.

However, I'm really interested to see/hear how this game stands on its own ignoring the fact it replaced TF.

Right now it looks similar to what Brink promised in terms of mechanics and minute to minute, mixed in with some OW and general BR designs. And that sounds like my perfect PvP shooter.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, another reminder that I'm terrible at shooters. Having fun though..3 games in and yet to get a kill..But I've been playing lifeline and healing a bunch. To be fair though, other than a brief stint in Overwatch and Destiny, the last shooter I played was Black Ops 1.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up with a team last night that actually worked together somewhat well and had no mics. We were being shot from the top of a hill, and we were bundled up, so I used my super were I can create portals, and basically got my team close enough to the enemies on the hill.

Pretty damn cool!

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Can i not set resolution to 4k in this game? The max resolution i can seem to set in the game is 1366x768?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It is true. Quake champions is a good old schooll fps but nowadays consumers want this kind of generic arcade battle royales like fortnite, blackops4 and this Apex.

:/
The kind of shooter that every game was 15 years ago isn't generic, but the kind of shooter that some of them are today is? Give me a fucking break. Quake Champions is unpopular because it's bad, not JUST because it's an Arena shooter (though that doesn't help).

Either way, calling BR 'arcade' and arena shooters not is preposterous.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it

Incoming!

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's so weird to play a multiplayer FPS these days thats actually been properly balanced. All the legends have good pros and cons, all the weapons feel roughly equal. Loving this game

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
This sounds fucking lovely. Medic was the only reason I stayed with BFV for as long as I did (and I only stayed for a month after getting the game free with my GPU).

Can't wait to try her out!

Ive been playing her exclusively

Her heal is broken in most situations. Unless you're hiding in a room and getting grenaded to hell, you can sustain forever

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'll try playing the medic. Never been one for Battle Royale but its made by Respawn so I owe it a shot.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I seem to be the only person in the world who has horrible unplayable lag (PS4). Character runs in slo motion then freezes every few seconds. I tried Fortnite and speedtest and it was fine. Had half a match where it ran perfectly so idk but yeah, brilliant.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I like Bangalore and Bloodhound. All of their abilities are good during a firefight. The other classes have good skills for outside of firefights, but so far I haven't had any really good teams that have used them to snowball yet.

Bloodhound is one of the ones I am most interested in. He reminds me of the trackers from Evolve and I always loved playing those classes.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I seem to be the only person in the world who has horrible unplayable lag (PS4). Character runs in slo motion then freezes every few seconds. I tried Fortnite and speedtest and it was fine. Had half a match where it ran perfectly so idk but yeah, brilliant.

I saw someone earlier who said they were having problems and changing their DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 helped.

meepfx

Dec 20, 2017
After playing a few rounds, this game feels and looks like Blackout to me. I prefer PUBG's slower pace, but I can't deny this feels very polished. One of the two friends I tried playing with was having issues where his game kept crashing whenever he went to video settings or joined a game, so there's still some rough edges to it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Yeah I just logged in for the first time about 15mins ago on PS4 and was checking out the store and the Legends, but I randomly disconnected after like 5 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.