Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
No, there's an actual nightmare island with a shitload of tarantulas on it.
You can walk up to them slowly, stopping when they rear up. Or you can dig a trench with a gap in the middle, and run up that. If they follow you in, you jump out the back. If the get stuck on the outside, it's easier.

Flick is the visitor that buys bugs for 1.5x the price, or can take three of one type on insect and make a model of it. His fish equivalent is CJ.

Tarantula Island is a special Nook Miles island that spawns infinite tarantulas, so you don't have to trick the game into doing it.

Thank you both!

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Is there a trick to catching tarantulas? I always get bit.

Also what's the flick?

Some people dig holes to create a safe wall in a way. I only dig about 3 straight and 1 off so the tarantula stays stuck. Trust me, tonight I was off and took longer than I shouldve since I got bit about 10 times. I eventually gathered 34 Tarantulas before returning to my island.
Flick is an NPC red lizard looking creature who buys bugs off you at a higher price than the store.

My gf got to sell 10 tarantulas to Flick since I forgot and got 40,000 more bells than she would've in store.

I've been doing the tarantula spawn trick too since I've yet to encounter Tarantula island yet.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Is there no way to create multiple quantities at once? Or do I just need to turbo "A" to make all this fish bait?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
My gf got to sell 10 tarantulas to Flick since I forgot and got 40,000 more bells than she would've in store.

I've been doing the tarantula spawn trick too since I've yet to encounter Tarantula island yet.
Flick was on my island yesterday. I made two tarantula runs and grabbed 30+ on each, so ended up getting pretty close to 1,000,000 bells just from Flick. What is he doing walking around with that much money in his pocket?

I got the actual spider island only once so far. It's great, though in the long run it only makes nabbing tarantulas much quicker than the usual method.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
About to find out the hard way if there bugs/fish reset for the month at midnight or 6am. My guess is 6am

Feb 18, 2020
California
Do we know if the campsite will still get visitors if you already have all ten villager slots filled? I ended p getting three cats as villagers and i'd like to get rid of one of them (I have Rosie, Raymond, and Ankha) and I am never giving up Raymond or Ankha so Rosie has to go.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
So I found an island with hybrid cosmos, which is cool and all, but also it was nothing but large fish shadows and so this happened.

Rr2BqF8.jpg

So anyone out there who still hasn't found a stringfish, try a few more islands. Might get lucky and find the one I did! Also yes there's a coelacanth in there too without rain somehow. I used some bait at the pier, and that was one of the things I got.
Here is the southern hemisphere version of that island: sharks only.

Mystery islands can be a blessing on the hunt for rare creatures.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Is there no way to create multiple quantities at once? Or do I just need to turbo "A" to make all this fish bait?
I'm going to have to buy a new controller soon or invest in one that has turbo. LOL

Got my sturgeon and stringfish though. Less than 25 baits to get both, so RNGsus was on my side tonight I think.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
Is there a guide or something on what to gift your villagers based on their personality types? Or can I just give them whatever I want?

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
No stringfish. Oh well - I Told myself I wouldn't sweat it so bad. Will try again in December! Both of us on the same island have yet to see a mystery island with all big fish, either. Just not lucky.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Finally just got my Stringfish and Sturgeon, only 2 hours to go! One after another after 237 bait uses

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First April fish I caught was the zebra turkeyfish. Then I caught the butterfly fish. Could have caught an oak silk moth but I scared it away by running.

AppleSautts

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
So I guess midnight is the cutoff for March fish/bugs and not the reset. I've already caught an April bug (giant water bug). I didn't get a sturgeon in time.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have this for trade?

- Antique wardrobe
- Beach towel
- Lighthouse
- Sandbox
- Barbell
- Climbing wall
- Garbage bin
- Rocket lamp
- Toilet
- Lucky gold cat

- Simple Fence DYI
the Lucky Gold Cat is a crafting recipe, which i could craft. It uses one lucky cat and 2 gold nuggets. I've never seen a lucky cat so i don't know whether it is also crafted, or store bought.
I'm saving this post for future references. Wished ResetEra has a "Favorited Posts" section.
it does. The little flag looking thing on each post on the top right there. ——————-^
If I visit someone's Flick/CJ would I be able to order a creature model?
Nope, they gotta be your town visitor.

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone confirm that the tarantula trick doesn't work with scorpions in the Southern Hemisphere? I've tried it a few times but all it spawns is crickets which I can't chase away.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
The ominous distant bells tolling as the music slowly changed made the sting of failure all the worse

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a thread for trading amiibo cards? I have a bunch of dupes from when I used to buy them and there are a few villagers I'd really like to get.

(I know the amiibo brought-in villagers can be glitchy right now but I'm sure that'll be fixed at some point.)

Oct 27, 2017
I weeded my entire island yesterday, man it was tedious but it actually makes a big difference. Everything looks so much better now.

Do the weeds come back? I'm sure they do but would be nice if they didn't.

cersei

Dec 14, 2017
I discovered a huge bug in the game today... I was running around popping all the egg balloons for the Bunny Day event and got the Nook Miles achievement for hitting 300 balloons. Now no more balloons appear. I did some searching and discovered it's a bug that a few people had posted about before, but I guess it wasn't widespread as not many people had reached that achievement yet. But the egg balloons were appearing every minute for me, so I reached the achievement really quickly today. Now I can't complete the Bunny Day furniture as I didn't get all the DIY recipes for it drop from the balloons yet :(

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up getting the two seasonal recipes I still needed from balloons, nice. Didn't realize balloon spawns were quite so predictable, every 5 or so minutes; I just had my Switch by me and ran up + down the unbroken beach on the right side of my town every so often when I realized it was close to a spawn time.

EDIT: Yeah, that 300 balloons thing is a problem. Thankfully I did not realize this method before now, as it means I'm nowhere near 300. But they really need to patch it for everyone affected, especially with the event that requires it...

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any workaround to not use that ugly filter they put on finished custom designs? I wanted my town flag to have some nice pixel art.

Last edited:

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I discovered a huge bug in the game today... I was running around popping all the egg balloons for the Bunny Day event and got the Nook Miles achievement for hitting 300 balloons. Now no more balloons appear. I did some searching and discovered it's a bug that a few people had posted about before, but I guess it wasn't widespread as not many people had reached that achievement yet. But the egg balloons were appearing every minute for me, so I reached the achievement really quickly today. Now I can't complete the Bunny Day furniture as I didn't get all the DIY recipes for it drop from the balloons yet :(
Goddamn, that is going to totally fuck the event for a lot of people. I hope they can get a patch out within the next few days here.

While this glitch exists, people in this thread should save duplicate Bunny Day recipes so they can trade them to people hit with this glitch.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I finally found Infinite Tarantula Island tonight and SO MANY TARANTULAS.

SO MANY BELLS.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
O...oh. Did one more ticket island before bed to see if I can get more bugs for Flick. Thought the island was a spiral shape at first, which was fine, because I could make that a tarantula island again. Then I saw there was no river mouth. It's not a river, it's a moat.

I'm here at the arena. I'm in hell. It's tarantula island. I'm going to die. Time to make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.