Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why are so many people making their animals suburbanites? Why are they being shoved into a small corner of maps?

antithetical to "animal crossing" as they can't cross anywhere or anything!
Tell me about it. I was even feeling a bit FOMO weirdly enough. I think the neatness factor is appealing. But there was something really dry seeing all the animals huddled up in one spot. I actually feel the same way about 'urban' islands. It just kinda feels off to me. The more natural foresty type islands really do it for me. Trying to strike a balance by splitting up my villagers in pairs and small groups. So far I have 3 clusters of 2-house lots, and 1 stretch of 4 houses.
*fist bump*. Don't really like overly urbanized islands. I'm trying to get my island to be mostly forest and spread my villagers more or less evenly across the island. Will need to move some buildings and houses tho down the road.

Personally, I want all the buildings in one section of the map, my island layout is perfect to have one main town section. I don't intend on even touching the areas surrounding the main island section, including the cliffs.

Though while I do understand your perspective, I think it's unfair to criticize other people for their playstyle and how they want to design their island.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I want all the buildings in one section of the map, my island layout is perfect to have one main town section. I don't intend on even touching the areas surrounding the main island section, including the cliffs.

Though while I do understand your perspective, I think it's unfair to criticize other people for their playstyle and how they want to design their island.
Not criticizing, just saying that style of island is not my thing that's all.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
Why are so many people making their animals suburbanites? Why are they being shoved into a small corner of maps?

antithetical to "animal crossing" as they can't cross anywhere or anything!
What I would wonder is do the villagers move about the island as much if you group all their houses together in a small area?
I get the feeling mine walk around a lot between the 'districts' that I have, but I never see them in the corner of the map where I have no houses/shops.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
nookazon.com

Browse Villagers | Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH) (ACNH) Items Database and Value List | Nookazon

Trade Villagers Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH) items on Nookazon.com, a peer to peer marketplace for Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH) players.

I have a blue/white beach ball.

Man, fuck Gulliver. He keeps giving me shitty hats and decorations. Everyone else gets stonehenge or pyramids or pagodas. I get a Chinese pigtail or nutcracker.

I don't get much from him, trust me. The Sphinx I got trading for the South Pole (which is a bit nothingy to me).

The Stonehenge... someone on Reddit traded it to me for me for... a mixer, a protein shake and a single floor light. Lucked out big time.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Shop is upgrading tomorrow. Turnip predictor predicts a possible big spike this afternoon or tomorrow morning...

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017

In New Leaf I did the whole "Main Street" layout, but philosophically I find the wild nature of the town to be the most endearing element of the franchise and try to highlight the "inconvenience" factor of my towns.

Different strokes for different folks, and variety is important, but there's a growing narrative about what the "right" town is and the quest for a launch-month 5-star town by a lot of people and it seems to be pushing them into the metropolitan approach.

I've been digging some of these islands though that also fulfill those same 5-star attributes:

EWBltrcU8AAneNl

EVjf43mUEAE9jSM

EWFD59QUcAEDcMQ

EV-x6ZqWsAAbSPr

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Elvis at the campsite? I didn't think animals came unless someone had already vacated (which they haven't)

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What I would wonder is do the villagers move about the island as much if you group all their houses together in a small area?
I get the feeling mine walk around a lot between the 'districts' that I have, but I never see them in the corner of the map where I have no houses/shops.

They do wander around. My villagers go across bridges and everything. They don't go up the cliffs (despite me having stairs there) and some tucked away corners, but otherwise they traverse the entire island.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
They do wander around. My villagers go across bridges and everything. They don't go up the cliffs (despite me having stairs there) and some tucked away corners, but otherwise they traverse the entire island.
Wait, if I build a house on a cliff, does that mean the villager won't come down even if I build stairs/slopes?

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I really don't get the point torturing yourself over specific villagers. The personality types all act the same anyway.
Yeah, exactly. They're all the same so you might as well get the ones with the designs you like looking at. ;p

Wait, if I build a house on a cliff, does that mean the villager won't come down even if I build stairs/slopes?
I think they're talking specifically about their villagers. I have my house on the third level and all my Villagers have shoreside homes, and I see them up on the second and third level (get out of my fucking yard!!!) all the time. I even woke up the other day to Flick standing on my porch.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I have the jock anteater Antonio in boxes and ready to move.

I'll miss him a bit, but not his ugly starter house, haha!

Thanks! This thread moves so fast I was wondering if anyone saw it.

Uhm... do you have any of those vases with blossoms in it left lol. I really, really need those.
I can craft one for you if you have the materials, but I'm afraid I'm out of petals myself:
villagerdb.com

Cherry-blossom Branches | Animal Crossing Item and Villager Database - VillagerDB

Cherry-blossom Branches can be found in New Horizons. You cannot order it from the catalog. It cannot be customized.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Yes, at least in my island they do wander to the empty parts.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know! My cliffs are all in the northernmost squares of the map, I've never seen a villager go up there north that far, including the beaches to the sides of the cliffs.
Yeah, exactly. They're all the same so you might as well get the ones with the designs you like looking at. ;p

I think they're talking specifically about their villagers. I have my house on the third level and all my Villagers have shoreside homes, and I see them up on the second and third level (get out of my fucking yard!!!) all the time. I even woke up the other day to Flick standing on my porch.
They come down, don't worry.
Uff that's a relief. There's a spot on a cliff I think is just perfect for a "stay out my lawn" cranky villager.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Yeah my villagers all live on the east side but little baby Cole often waters the few flowers I have on the very left side and I have seen a couple of them wander around in the north parts (being in the way when I am trying to terraform for my house and the campsite).

ciD_Vain

Nov 28, 2017
Los Angeles
Had a weird glitched neighbor today. He was just standing in front of his home facing the door. I couldn't interact with him and he wasn't moving for about 2 hours. I finally saw him walking around with a net later on. Has anyone seen that?

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah my villagers all live on the east side but little baby Cole often waters the few flowers I have on the very left side and I have seen a couple of them wander around in the north parts (being in the way when I am trying to terraform for my house and the campsite).
There's like 25% of my island where I NEVER see my villagers, I really wonder what that's about.

Cubo

May 14, 2018
I have the jock anteater Antonio in boxes and ready to move.

Will he still be in boxes en 7-8 hours? My boyfriend is calles Antonio so it will be hilarious to have this guy in my town too. I hope he retains the name in the Spanish translation. Anyway I would love to have him if possible!

I'll PM you this afternoon to see if he (and you) are still available.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Do you have all 10 plots? I have no Amiibo cards so I can't speak from experience, but I'd expect that it wouldn't kick people if you could just go buy more land, right?
Oops that was the problem !

I was sure I had the 10 plots already... but I didn't ! So it didn't work when I tried to boot a villager obviously.

Cesar moved in yesterday in the last plot and I was able to invite another villager today via amiibo instead of my frog.

Stupid me!

Nook upgrades for me tomorrow - no turnip price for me I guess - but I can't wait to see their expanded inventory.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Will he still be in boxes en 7-8 hours? My boyfriend is calles Antonio so it will be hilarious to have this guy in my town too. I hope he retains the name in the Spanish translation. Anyway I would love to have him if possible!

I'll PM you this afternoon to see if he (and you) are still available.
7-8 hours is pretty much perfect since I'll be working for most of the day. Consider him yours.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
There's like 25% of my island where I NEVER see my villagers, I really wonder what that's about.
When you start the game, the villagers will spawn at random landmarks/areas. If you have a section of the island where there's absolutely nothing, then they won't spawn there and since villagers primarily travel between landmarks, they won't go there either.

Villagers are also heavily limited by rivers and cliffs, though they weirdly ignore all cliff-section rivers once you build an incline.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
So I got the offical AC guide and its incredible with details that I have not seen anywhere yet (now that the book is out I bet its on the internet) but all about numbers how home island ratings work and points value that in under the systems throughout the entire island.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
When you start the game, the villagers will spawn at random landmarks/areas. If you have a section of the island where there's absolutely nothing, then they won't spawn there and since villagers primarily travel between landmarks, they won't go there either.

Villagers are also heavily limited by rivers and cliffs, though they weirdly ignore all cliff-section rivers once you build an incline.
It's definitely not a cut off section, I have bridges and inclines in that area too. Guess I need some landmark there..

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Uff that's a relief. There's a spot on a cliff I think is just perfect for a "stay out my lawn" cranky villager.
Yeah don't worry, Villagers can also teleport. Before my girlfriend had enough ramps built she stuck a Villager up on a cliff with no way up or down without a ladder and they still managed to show up everywhere.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Custom button mapping means I can finally map run to L. Thanks for not having button mapping otherwise, game.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Nook's Cranny upgrade is no mystery. The most prominent dataminer has the exact requirements:
200k in buy/sell transactions and 30 days since the shop was built.
Mable must also have visited but that has definitely happened unless you basically stopped playing after building the shop.

I'm super late on this, but I just wanted to say that I bought the game on 3/25, which was only 26 days ago, and my Nook shop closed down for an upgrade today. So there has to be something more to it.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
hopefully they add bushes and Leif's shop at the bare minimum in the Earth Day update. if we're lucky we get gyroids and Brewster too.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm super late on this, but I just wanted to say that I bought the game on 3/25, which was only 26 days ago, and my Nook shop closed down for an upgrade today. So there has to be something more to it.
How odd, I've been playing since the day of release and had the store being built literally as soon possible (I think the 2nd day) and mine is closing tomorrow to upgrade

Send your title suggestions for OT3
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
If anyone has title suggestions for OT3 then @ me and let me know. I can't believe we're this close to 400 pages already in OT2!

Do we know if there are any upcoming events in New Horizons that I should highlight in an OT3 or anything else people would like to see in an OT3 in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.