Deleted member 3345

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I suspect Apple went Qi charging, which is terrible, because of the ubiquity of it. I believe Apple wants real wireless charging and that requires lots of conductive charging (Qi) around. If Android and Apple use Qi, Apple can piggyback off of it for actual wireless charging.
Is this another one of your "premonitions"?

That's exactly what they are doing, announced, showed off, and plan.

But yea, AJ called it.

Oct 25, 2017
I never understand the mental process that goes into the decision to jump to a competing mobile OS.

Got a cousin asking to borrow my backup moto until she can get a new phone, which will be the iPhone 8 (she has a Galaxy S5, bought used. Before that, an M7 - used as well). She comes in telling me that she's done with Android, because of the non-stop problems:

1) She has only 16GB storage, ran out, and so she's mad that she can't save things to it
2) It's been dropped multiple times, so the screen is cracked on the corner
3) She accidentally had the phone's charging port exposed in the rain, so it stopped charging for a while
4) Its slow, when it never used to be
5) She can't update the phone until she clears space

*shrugs*

I mean the iPhone 8 is pretty dope, true, but....what?

I've been on iPhones since 2013 and am really considering going back to Android with the Pixel 2. Sometimes people just want to change for various reasons. Me? Mostly that nothing Apple is doing is making me feel the need to stay with them. I don't use any of their services so the ecosystem thing is not an issue. Every app I use, except for 1, is on Android. The Pixel camera & speed is on par or better than iOS. The pixel 2 feels way nicer in my hand than the current iPhone designs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I never understand the mental process that goes into the decision to jump to a competing mobile OS.

Got a cousin asking to borrow my backup moto until she can get a new phone, which will be the iPhone 8 (she has a Galaxy S5, bought used. Before that, an M7 - used as well). She comes in telling me that she's done with Android, because of the non-stop problems:

1) She has only 16GB storage, ran out, and so she's mad that she can't save things to it
2) It's been dropped multiple times, so the screen is cracked on the corner
3) She accidentally had the phone's charging port exposed in the rain, so it stopped charging for a while
4) Its slow, when it never used to be
5) She can't update the phone until she clears space

*shrugs*

I mean the iPhone 8 is pretty dope, true, but....what?

That reminds me of the early days when a ton of people I know decided to get a smartphone, but they weren't willing to pay for a good one so they got the shitty free with two year contract ones that were offered at the time. Low RAM, little storage, low resolution screens, bad cameras, ran Android poorly, etc. and then of course had to get a iPhone because their Android phone sucked. I think early Android had a lot of problems but that wasn't where their issues were coming from.

Oct 25, 2017
its all perspective as well. Expensive phones don't feel expensive if you pay installments. $50 a month (+ your phone bill) vs $200 out of pocket is a different feeling from a $600+ vs $200.

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
I've been on iPhones since 2013 and am really considering going back to Android with the Pixel 2. Sometimes people just want to change for various reasons. Me? Mostly that nothing Apple is doing is making me feel the need to stay with them. I don't use any of their services so the ecosystem thing is not an issue. Every app I use, except for 1, is on Android. The Pixel camera & speed is on par or better than iOS. The pixel 2 feels way nicer in my hand than the current iPhone designs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is my reasoning as well. There's nothing to keep me around, iOS 11 still mostly feels like iOS 7/8 and I'm not stuck in their ecosystem. Google's on the other hand looks like one that might be worth getting into.

this_guy

Oct 26, 2017
AJ is back.

No one was there this year to say "wtf! I just got an iPhone a couple weeks ago!" during the iPhone announcement.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its all perspective as well. Expensive phones don't feel expensive if you pay installments. $50 a month (+ your phone bill) vs $200 out of pocket is a different feeling from a $600+ vs $200.
44633976_14551648471932_0.jpg

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol just watched this.

Noooo samsung. Why you have to do it like this?

Apple fans getting the iPhone X will ironically think that Apple surpassed Samsung's display tech and continue that warrior life

You realize that Apple pays and directs samsung amongst other companies extra to push the envelope and create stuff they wouldn't have done other wise, right?

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure about this?

Last I saw that screen didn't reach brightness levels of the Note 8 display from first hand impressions. Also, there have been no reviews of this phone.

I'm sure. Their touch id sensors being made to higher tolerances. Their sony sensors being more capable. Their modems having better reception. You can count nits all you want but a pleasing display isn't about specs its about experience.

Samsung has been making the best mobile flash memory for apple for ages and only in the past few years has it trickled down to everyone else.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure. Their touch id sensors being made to higher tolerances. Their sony sensors being more capable. Their modems having better reception. You can count nits all you want but a pleasing display isn't about specs its about experience.

Samsung has been making the best mobile flash memory for apple for ages and only in the past few years has it trickled down to everyone else.

V7XCg8d.png
V7XCg8d.png
V7XCg8d.png

Regarding the displays, I'm pretty sure that people have had great experiences with their displays. That's just their thing. It's like a commonly known thing in the entire industry, lol...

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woo live on 8.1 on my Pixel XL. Switched to a black wallpaper and hello dark theme! Love it. There is no way to remove the search bar from the bottom of the screen. Nooooooo

edit- The dark theme doesn't apply to the settings menu! Why google whyyyyyyyy

Last edited:

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my goodness, 20 mp front cam that does portrait mode on OP5T.

home-sec5-5e59cfe63b2eec01db6896364150664e1c8a8cc7.jpg

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so op5t is real? didn't the boss rebuke the rumour or some shit?

It's real. Will be revealed in November.

Android 8.1 feels so nice. Can't believe this is a developer preview. Feels ready for prime time. Much better than 8.0. Dark theme just needs to be added to settings menu.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my iPhone X order in. This is gonna be good
to sell

Last edited:

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark theme is official now?

If you put a dark wallpaper it recognizes it and changes your drop down toggle menu and app folder to dark.It looks really nice, but Google just needs to give the damn option to turn it on and off whenever you want with any wallpaper. Hopefully that comes in the final 8.1

OP
OP

Deleted member 134

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my iPhone X preorder in. 256GB White. Can't wait to replace this 7+ that only has 32GB of space. It's a pain. Photos sucks on the iPhone. It doesn't store photos like Google Photos does.

Fortunately, I use Google Photos on my iPhone but still. I'd like to be integrated with Apple's stuff, too.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my iphone order wasn't great. Should still get 1 or 2 by Thanksgiving.

Kinda forgot the frenzy with apple stuff. Was easy getting oneplus and pixel 2 xl in comparison.

Also other folks have the decency of allowing orders during the day. Even Samsung preorders was like midnight est which is doable.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize NFC stood for Now Featuring Clicking:

We are validating a software update to address faint clicking sounds on some Pixel 2 devices. The update will be made available in the coming weeks. The clicking noise being reported does not affect the performance of your device but if you find it bothersome you can temporarily turn off NFC in Settings > Connected devices > NFC.

https://productforums.google.com/fo...FWSMFcDgA;context-place=forum/phone-by-google