• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Need to reformat my S8+. I have no idea how all of this shit ended up on here... What is wrong with me?

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered a 2XL last week, hopefully I don't regret it. I'm generally not that bothered by small issues so might be OK.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting a fresh start on resetera and learning to use Discord and Twitter just as I'm getting used to my new phone and clearing out the old cruft feels really great.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took a few rounds but we all in bros!

I dedicated this whole new thread to Robbie.

RIP one of our own. He was the best of people.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I have a weirdly thin, squiggly scratch on my Pixel XL and I have no idea how it happened. Goddamnit...

Going to wait for the Pixel 3 XL before I upgrade.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Still can't believe Google (and LG to a lesser extent) put out flagship phones with these displays.

I sure hope the billion or whatever it was Google gave LG was for LG's next gen OLED and not what they got this year.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe Google (and LG to a lesser extent) put out flagship phones with these displays.

I sure hope the billion or whatever it was Google gave LG was for LG's next gen OLED and not what they got this year.
Probably didn't have much of a choice (Google). Samsung has Apple Iphone X displays to deal with (plus the Galaxies)

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm hopeful that much more OLED production comes online in the next year. $300 OLED Android One devices (in the US), please.

Hopefully we'll get some comparisons soon. Interested to see how big of a difference it will make.

It just helps speed up the image processing (and only on the Pixel 2 series), right? It will be difficult to get meaningful comparisons, I think.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Is the V30 having the same screen issues as the Pixel 2, or did LG just give Google a worse batch?

Like what happens almost every year, I'm getting that itch to buy new electronics, even if I really don't need to, haha. Literally just got a Moto Z Play a few weeks ago for my birthday and the battery life has been amazing, so pretty much any new phone I can get now would just be a downgrade in that aspect.

But even so I still have that itch to get the shiniest new toy.
V30 I really like the look of, and the new T-Mobile spectrum it supports sounds cool (but I have yet to see any impressions of that).
S8 and Note 8 are both sexy phones, but I can always just wait for the S9 at this point and I do want to give a non-Samsung phone a try for a while longer.
iPhone X... I don't know. The chunky bezels on iPhones have always been a turnoff for me, and now there's finally one that gets rid of them. But it's got that stupid notch, I don't love the removal of the fingerprint sensor (we'll have to see just how well face stuff works in all different situations), and the price is quite high.

If Apple would just shrink the regular iPhone bezels a little, and increase the resolution on the smaller iPhone, I'd probably be all over that one. Maybe if they refresh the S next year it would be a good backup phone along with whatever Android I'll have by then.

Shak

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a Pixel 2 (regular). Switching from my 6p, I thought I would have issues getting used to the smaller screen, but so far I like it a lot!

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2XL is, in theory, my dream phone, basically 6P-2, but it's getting tough to ignore the hyperbolic freakouts regarding the screen.

Mine just needs to hurry up and arrive so I can assess it myself.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
2XL is, in theory, my dream phone, basically 6P-2, but it's getting tough to ignore the hyperbolic freakouts regarding the screen.

Mine just needs to hurry up and arrive so I can assess it myself.

people really are next level morons about the color space.

I can't believe we are at a place where people freak out about correct colors vs blinding idiocy.

The gradient and the blue tint, yes, that sucks and will definitely inspect.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
people really are next level morons about the color space.

I can't believe we are at a place where people freak out about correct colors vs blinding idiocy.

The gradient and the blue tint, yes, that sucks and will definitely inspect.

Luckily I used sRGB on my 6P ever since I found out you could. Really looking forward to a phone built for that setup, actually.

I'm just going to use the phone. If I notice problems, I'll report it and get it sorted. I don't understand why you would go hunting for problems with these things - it's only making your life more frustrating.

Groof

Oct 26, 2017
Luckily I used sRGB on my 6P ever since I found out you could. Really looking forward to a phone built for that setup, actually.

I'm just going to use the phone. If I notice problems, I'll report it and get it sorted. I don't understand why you would go hunting for problems with these things - it's only making your life more frustrating.
it fucking cracks me up that people are really going into dark rooms, turning down the brightness all the way and stare at a grey image from weird off angles. like what are you doing?

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing yet on ota Groof . Maybe by 1PM PST (45 minutes) I doubt they will release it later than that.

grimlock33

Oct 25, 2017
Less than a day in with this P2XL and the blue color shift is really messing with me. If I'm using an app or browsing a site with a white background my eyes really start to strain. Now I've got a headache. Its the only problem I'm having but I didn't expect it to affect me this much.