Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
This breaks my heart. The clip of the guy that throws all his earnings away on the final question to say "We love you Alex" makes me cry all the time. RIP Alex.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
:( RIP Alex. Knew it would happen eventually, but was always a bit hopeful when he would beat back the cancer for a bit.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't realize he was 80. Makes sense but he certainly looked much younger.
We used to watch him and 'The Wheel' every night with dinner at my grandparents house. Guy was a legend RIP

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
you know someone was good at what they did when you'll miss having them around doing it even though you didn't even watch the show

RIP

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
RIP
Sad to see such a giant of primetime go.
That being said, surviving for over a year and a half after a Stage IV pancreatic cancer diagnosis is a triumph in and of itself.

modernkicks

Apr 7, 2020
awful

this is bumming me out a lot since the show has been such a staple throughout mine and so many other peoples lives. He probably wouldn't have had too many years left hosting due to his age but for him to have to go out in such a cruel and likely painful way is pretty heartbreaking.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
Cancer's such a motherfucker =(

Rest in peace, Alex. Thanks for all the good times over the years. You're a legend.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
R.I.P. to a legend. He will be sorely missed.

My condolences goes out to all of his friends & families involved.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Oh my god...
images

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Its going to be very strange watching new episodes with him in them knowing he's passed.

Apparently he filmed his final episode on Oct 29, and it will air Christmas Day.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
RIP Mr. Trebek! Thank you Sir for all the useful knowledge that served me so well in countless bar trivia tournaments.

Maybe not the place, but something that bothers me about these type of threads is the improper descriptor for the person who passed. I believe there is a clear difference and using "died" doesn't sound proper. Using killed when an accident happens, murdered when someone is murdered, or passed when someone has a peaceful death. Maybe I'm just getting hung up on that, but it is something that bothers me.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see a SNL tribute next week. Him and Connery dying so close to eachother is quite a coincidence.