• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
He was such a gentleman, and a TV legend. He will be missed.

RIP Alex.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Not to sound like ACKSHULLY DEAD CELEBRITY WAS AN ASSHOLE but growing up both my mom and her mom HATED Alex. Like they LOVED watching Jeopardy but whenever he went off or cracked a joke they would be like "UGHHHH shut up Alex" And I remember someone posting here a while back that "It's great that he never turned out to be a milkshake duck or anything." Even when I talked to my mom about it recently, "Ugh people seem to forget he was such an ASSHOLE back in the day. He got fired from that one game show and I just can't stand him."

Again, everything I've seen from him seems fine, but I just grew up always having to hear how much of an asshole he actually is. It makes me feel super awkward about this.

RIP though. Jeopardy won't ever be the same.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the show is going to handle this tonight. I believe they have episodes filmed for most, if not all of the rest of the year with Trebek.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
On a lighter note for everyone, John Erler is a comedian here in Austin who runs a MST3K-like show that's been quite successful. He got to be on an episode of Jeopardy once and got a laugh out of Alex. I thought people might enjoy this:

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heard about the 1 min opening on the radio today but for some reason it didn't air on the station that plays the show earlier

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alex Trebek recorded a Thanksgiving message for Jeopardy! Viewers before his passing.