Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
After Sean Connery's passing, watching celebrity jeopardy on SNL, I knew it wouldn't be too long...

RIP

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Rest in Peace. I just have a visual attachment between Alex Trbek and Sean Connery due to the SNL skit. Crazy that they both died so close to one another.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if he held on long enough and was coherent enough to see and acknowledge Trump losing the presidency. If that was me, that'd make me happy to know we'd be moving in a better, less anti-intellectual direction as a society. I'm sure it would have made him happy, as a man whose career was based on fact-based knowledge.

May 8, 2018
Woke up to this news. Damn 2020!

My thoughts go out to his family today. He fought hard against cancer. He was an inspiration for that. He will be missed no doubt.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, I was just watching a clip of the show this week.

Contestant notes that he used to sit with his grandfather watching Jeopardy, and that was how he learned English and it meant a lot for him to be on the show.

Trebek acknowledges it respectfully, then notes he also used to sit with grandfather, who would teach him to swear.

Oct 28, 2017
I dont have cable on in my basement so the the TV only gets over the air stations and BUZZER, the classic tv game show station is one of them. I have be watching reruns of Classic Concentration, hosted by Alex Trebek. My man sweater game was on point in the 80s.

Thank you for all the memories and making the average guy feel smart when he got a question right.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible news despite it being expected for some time. I watched Jeopardy every night for years and it won't be the same without him. RIP

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Jesus, this is devastating. One of the best television hosts in history and a genuinely incredible human. Rest in peace.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
normally not a fan of gameshows but who didn't love jeopardy? so many good memories spent with alex trebek. rest easy mr.trebek and thanks for everything.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
The fact that he lived so long with his diagnosis is a miracle in and of itself. An incredible man who will be missed. So glad he got through his contract.

Hopefully the plan is for Ken Jennings to take over, and let giant piece of shit Pat Sajak rot on Wheel.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I'll never forget trying to compete with my uncle in Jeopardy episodes and seeing who could get more answers correct. Trebek is the GOAT gameshow host, RIP to a real one.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Jeopardy is one of those shows that was a constant companion throughout my life. I will always remember being a kid and trying to compete with my mom mom.

R.I.P. to the best in the business. He will be sorely missed.