• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Man... what a year it's been. On the one hand, AEW has evolved to be a legitimate contender for a slice of that American wrestling marker, the likes of which we haven't seen in nearly 20 years. They have the talent, the booking, the storylines (okay, the women's division still needs some work) and everything has been going on all cylinders.

On the other hand.... we're in a middle of a pandemic.

And yet bizarrely, the show goes on.

AEW had managed to tape enough episodes to continue until what is estimated to be mid-May. Whether they will continue beyond that point is anyone's guess. Still, with the Florida governor declaring wrestling to be an essential business (!!!), who knows if AEW decides to take up that opportunity.

ANYWAYS, here are our matches for tonight:

EWNvC8VXkAA6Sx0

EWNvC8aWsAAlUwo

EWNvC8ZXQAEfH7v

Enjoy them while they last. And for the wrestlers out there: stay safe.

EDIT: The current plan for May 2020

For AEW, the 5/6 show will go live. The show that will air on 5/13 will be taped the next day most likely, but it'll be taped either on 5/6 or 5/7 either way. They will return on 5/20 and then the crew will stay in Jacksonville from 5/20 to 5/27, doing the 5/20 Dynamite, the 5/23 PPV show and the 5/27 Dynamite show. After that, we'll see what happens. The people who live in Tampa, Orlando and Atlanta, which is a decent amount of people, will likely go home between tapings but the fly-ins are expected to stay from 5/20 to 5/27 in Jacksonville.

For the last tapings, anyone who didn't want to be there had that option, plus people in hard-hit places were not brought in, as well as older people. For 5/6, they asked people in hard-hit places like New York and the state of Washington in particular to quarantine for two weeks, which most started doing last week. A much larger talent pool will be used going forward to build the PPV show. Those who don't want to be there don't have to be, and the talent based outside the U.S. won't be able to be on these shows, most notably most of the Japanese women (Hikaru Shida and I believe Riho live in Florida) and other international stars like Bea Priestley, Jamie Hayter, Pac and Pentagon Jr.

Last edited:

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Tonight should be a better show than the last 2 or 3 weeks. Rooting for Darby to win it all!

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Reposting from the old thread... My thoughts going into tonight's show.

-Dustin vs Sabian- they're going heavy on the Dustin retirement thing, but no way are they having him retire with little build-up in an empty arena. It also makes too much sense to do Archer vs Dustin as a lead-in to Archer vs Cody.

-Allin vs Guevara 2- I actually don't know where they're going to go with this one. I'm fairly certain that Cody will beat either of them in the rematch, to go on to face Archer in the final. If I had to guess I'm going to say Allin wins. I have a feeling Allin/Cody is going to be a recurring thing with the story that Allin can't beat him and will make it his mission to do so, and it'll be a big moment when he finally does.

-Havoc vs Orange- curious to see how an OC match comes across without the full crowd participation. I'm guessing Havoc wins, maybe due to some Sabian/Ford hijinks.

-Brodie Lee in action- hoping to start to see some direction for something bigger besides this segment just being a squash, I think they've pretty well established the character now. Will he squash Marko, playing off their interaction last week?

-Wardlow in action- guessing another quick squash.

-Omega in action- kind of a weird choice for Dynamite if it's just him vs an enhancement talent. Wondering if there's some other point to this. (as an aside, how about another AAA title defense?)

-There's also a Matt Hardy video segment, and also Jericho mentioned there will be another Bubbly Bunch.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't watched in a few weeks. I imagine I'll get the itch again, eventually, and marathon through these episodes.

They're doing their best to build stakes but I'm finding it difficult to stay as engaged.

I imagine we'll get the PPV and another round of taping in mid-May as the country seemingly tries to re-open in May, me and everyone I know are going back to work beginning of May as well, so it'd make sense from a timing perspective.

SethSeries

Dec 16, 2018
Yeah, the COVID story arc change kinda killed some momentum for me. It's been hard to get into these shows especially as some shit was definitely brewing.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping for a good show tonight after last week being a bit of a clunker. Mostly have enjoyed what they have been able to put together during the pandemic though.

Hutty211

Oct 29, 2017
I would have been on my way to my first live event ever right now...... ah well, I'll just start drinking until Dynamite starts

Oct 25, 2017
Hello new thread!

First Dynamite show last week I wasnt digging. Hopefully that was a one off. The card looks good this week, and more Mr Brodie Lee is welcomed.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Really pulling for a good show tonight cos I am fucking miserable at the mo. My recovery is going too slow (not unusual for me) and just being unable to be in virtually any position without being in some form of discomfort is driving me mad. Discomfort is still better than the nigh unbearable pain I was in before though so every cloud I suppose.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Really pulling for a good show tonight cos I am fucking miserable at the mo. My recovery is going too slow (not unusual for me) and just being unable to be in virtually any position without being in some form of discomfort is driving me mad. Discomfort is still better than the nigh unbearable pain I was in before though so every cloud I suppose.
I hope you get to feeling better and the pain subsides sooner rather than later. Hopefully this can take your mind off it for a little bit.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery. Sounds like hell. Hope wrasslin' is able to take your mind off it for a while.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why the title says mid-may when it's clear there's probably not gonna be any shows with audience for a good while. I do wonder when they plan to do Blood & Guts though.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Tonight should be good.

Not sure why the title says mid-may when it's clear there's probably not gonna be any shows with audience for a good while. I do wonder when they plan to do Blood & Guts though.

They've taped shows through mid may, so I'm not sure why the title says live shows either. I'll tweak it.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

No doubt they're waiting to do it in front of a crowd. Would be a pretty big show to come back with for a live crowd, though I wonder about the optics of doing a match like that right after Covid-19.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
No doubt they're waiting to do it in front of a crowd. Would be a pretty big show to come back with for a live crowd, though I wonder about the optics of doing a match like that right after Covid-19.
They can't wait a year or so to do this match. Because that's how long it's gonna take before we can have big wresting shows with audience. Or even more.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder. The southern states are gearing toward ending the lockdown at the start of May right? So wrestling being as carny as it is leads me to think they'll definitely have some more filming days in Florida/Atlanta for TV content.

Tbh I'm also thinking they might do Double or Nothing live to keep the pay per view contract sweet and then hide behind government guidelines for any following critism.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
They can't wait a year or so to do this match. Because that's how long it's gonna take before we can have big wresting shows with audience. Or even more.

Agreed. I think people need to accept that reality. While it's a nice thought to wait until they can have crowds to do big matches, I really don't think they're going to have the option to wait. Fan attendance may not be a thing for a year or more.

At some point they're going to have to decide to run Blood and Guts with no crowd, or probably just scrap it altogether. Same reason why they're still going to tape Double or Nothing.

I do wonder. The southern states are gearing toward ending the lockdown at the start of May right? So wrestling being as carny as it is leads me to think they'll definitely have some more filming days in Florida/Atlanta for TV content.

I don't think they're going to have to pick a southern state if they want to tape next month. Much/most of the country is looking to ease restrictions here in the next few weeks. If it's not against the law or legal guidance to tape shows, they're going to do it. I don't think that's "carny" because every pro sport is gearing up to do the same. Regardless, they would likely pick Florida or Atlanta anyway because that's where they have studios to tape at.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Tbh I'm also thinking they might do Double or Nothing live to keep the pay per view contract sweet and then hide behind government guidelines for any following critism.

Is there a reason why it has to be live for PPV? Hasn't TNA run taped content as PPVs before?

I can't think of a single reason why you would need to do any empty arena wrestling live.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Not really posting on this site anymore ( for a lot of reasons) outside of a couple of threads, I just wanted to extend to everyone in here all my positive thoughts and well wishes. I hope your lockdown lives are going well and everyone is staying safe and healthy.

I just started my home workout and I was gonna put some sports videos on in the background and then I was like oh my gosh Dynamite! starts in a few minutes. I'm so happy and thankful that I have that positive appointment viewing feeling again in my hobby life. I did miss it. Stay safe!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Light the fuse, bring the BOOM 🧨

Not really posting on this site anymore ( for a lot of reasons) outside of a couple of threads, I just wanted to extend to everyone in here all my positive thoughts and well wishes. I hope your lockdown lives are going well and everyone is staying safe and healthy.

I just started my home workout and I was gonna put some sports videos on in the background and then I was like oh my gosh Dynamite! starts in a few minutes. I'm so happy and thankful that I have that positive appointment viewing feeling again in my hobby life. I did miss it. Stay safe!

Keep kicking ass, friend! Stay safe!

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
I'd still love if Cody loses to Darby and Darby wins the belt. A nice but not stupid "swerve" that prolongs the Cody Archer fued. Archer gets to say Cody purposely lost to aoid Archer in the tourney, and Cody gets to say Archer lost to Darby as well

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
cody's triple h cosplay always makes me laugh.

and jericho on commentary is worth the watch alone. flim flam

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
SAMMAY! Jericho knows what he's talking about mah boy's gonna break all the brackets!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Sammy coming in at a perfect 8-0 on the year. You love to see it.

Edit: all these video packages. Keep them coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.