Nov 4, 2017
Reminder that Barry returns tonight for S3

giphy.gif

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Don't ask me, ask the nerd that makes the monthly thread. 😜

I was doing preliminary work on it earlier and that really caught my eye

Aligns with the Memorial Day weekend, for what that's worth. Blockbuster shows for wide audiences.

True, though I think Disney would have been smart to keep Obi-Wan's original date of May 25 just to get out ahead of Stranger Things (not that they need to worry about it - discussion of Stranger Things S4 will fizzle out within a week like all other Netflix shows - and anyway the TV world is big enough for 2 big genre shows at a time~).

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Things never got me and Academy I already seen. Everything else I liked got cancelled.

Season 3 of Academy is back in June though and lord knows Netflix will have dropped a ton of new movies/TV in between. Fair enough though, there's so much content out there I'm sure you have enough with other services to keep you busy.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Season 3 of Academy is back in June though and lord knows Netflix will have dropped a ton of new movies/TV in between. Fair enough though, there's so much content out there I'm sure you have enough with other services to keep you busy.
HBO Max and the Disney Bundle, although it might be just Hulu/D+ as Hockey season winds down. MLS might be a keeper for the full bundle.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The creators of The Wire have a new show about the Baltimore PD premiering tonight on HBO and no one's talking about it 😲

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really looking forward to We Own This City. Everything about it looks right up my alley and Jon Bernthal being the lead is the icing on the cake.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
What?! Plot against America was fucking brilliant. Sure the Wire isn't redefining TV anymore but that doesn't mean his current work is anything less than exceptional
Admittedly I have no idea where the TV critics are nowadays, just the venues I follow aren't talking about it.

For my part, I think The Deuce lost me and I never finished it... and I don't think I heard anyone really talk about season 3 either.

---
Out of curiosity I searched for some reporting on the story and found a couple of good pieces:
www.bbc.co.uk

Wayne Jenkins from behind bars: 'I sold drugs as a dirty cop'

He led a rogue police force who were jailed for a long list of crimes. Now in a BBC exclusive he explains why.
www.huffpost.com

Baltimore's Most Hated Cop And Me

An All-American Story

I can see why this is Simon and Pelecanos catnip. lol

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Severance got me in a Adam Scott mood so I've been doing another Parks & Rec rewatch, and I guess I misremembered how soon he joins the show because I am now halfway through season 2 (literally, ep 12 of 24) and he and rob lowe are still no-shows and bland ass Mark is still in the show, I really thought Mark left early in S2 and the other two joined but I guess its late season 2?

Also, I really like Rashida Jones in this.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Severance got me in a Adam Scott mood so I've been doing another Parks & Rec rewatch, and I guess I misremembered how soon he joins the show because I am now halfway through season 2 (literally, ep 12 of 24) and he and rob lowe are still no-shows and bland ass Mark is still in the show, I really thought Mark left early in S2 and the other two joined but I guess its late season 2?

Also, I really like Rashida Jones in this.
It will be a bit before those two arrive, bit it will happen this season. It still had some great episodes too.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Organizationally this sounds like a mess. Is Levinson really going to have the capacity to keep Euphoria on track and guide this show? Not every producer is a Berlanti-type that can be hands off and juggle a dozen different projects.

deadline.com

‘The Idol’: Director Amy Seimetz Exits Amid Overhaul Of HBO Drama Series

EXCLUSIVE: Amy Seimetz, who was set to direct all episodes of HBO’s upcoming music industry drama series The Idol, is leaving the project. Deadline understands that The Girlfriend Experience series co-creator Seimetz was one of the high-profile crew to leave the series, which comes from The...

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense, they can air the remaining shows on HBO Max where they already are. I guess this means that WBD are going to drop CW soon.
They already were with the Nexstar deal. WBD also hint they want the UEFA Champs package again. Plus, they got the USMNT/USWNT package.

The question of course, is the existing shows on those channels.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Not that surprising. Both of those networks are far from their heyday, especially TNT when it was a big cable player. I could see some of the original stuff shifting over to HBO Max maybe. AEW and NBA are the only things I currently watch on either.

Didn't I read something about certain cable channels being required to produce a certain amount of scripted programming in order to be carried by cable/satellite providers? I thought this was the case for TNT and TBS?

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
For my part, I think The Deuce lost me and I never finished it... and I don't think I heard anyone really talk about season 3 either.

Hard disagree, I thought the Deuce was spectacular from start right through to the final episode, I especially liked S3.
While season one felt a bit disjointed at times season 2-3 were some of Simon's best work in my opinion. 3 in particular was a brutal haunting work

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Didn't I read something about certain cable channels being required to produce a certain amount of scripted programming in order to be carried by cable/satellite providers? I thought this was the case for TNT and TBS?

I'm not sure, haven't heard that before. Would be surprising if that is the case considerin what MTV airs these past few years.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

Tom Hiddleston and Claire Danes

I know nothing about the novel but this looks like my cup of tea. Will likely check it out as long as the reviews aren't terrible.

Just based off the trailer, I wonder if there will be a serpent or if it's just a metaphor for repression.
The novel is quite good. I'm not sure I love some of the heightened, overt emotions on display here, but I guess you kinda have to do that when moving to a visual medium. I admit I was little more excited about this when Keira Knightley was doing it. I'm not sure how much 'Carrie face' I can take from Claire Danes.

In regards to the story question:
no, there's no actual serpent.

Status
Not open for further replies.