• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
mrbones.jpg
9dc.gif

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 44, and Gen X. My parents are Boomers.

And yes, I know you kids are trying to say everyone old is a boomer. Jokes on you, that means you will inevitably become a boomer! Checkmate.

And it's glorious watching this happen. Every generation has to go through it. The realization when everything isn't about YOU.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
My favorite are the people that WANT to be old and then they're like "I'm 24 is this all life has to offer?"

Oct 25, 2017
I think message boards generally skew older. Younger generations are using different mediums to connect with each other.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
"Who is famous person" doesn't mean old. It means uncool (this is a video game forum)

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
It's the responsibility of the people making threads to explain what they're talking about and not assume everyone knows. The people asking "Who" aren't the problem. It's the kids here not being able to make decent threads.

While I agree that the thread quality around here has plummeted in recent months, I disagree with it being an "excuse" for this.

It literally takes less time to quickly do a internet search and find out the answer than to post "WHO!?".

People who did that knew exactly what they were doing, and were absolutely trying to "make a point.

Oct 25, 2017
It's the responsibility of the people making threads to explain what they're talking about and not assume everyone knows. The people asking "Who" aren't the problem. It's the kids here not being able to make decent threads.
There's a certain level of pop culture knowledge that is just assumed. Use Google for 3 seconds instead.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I've never knowingly listened to a Travis Scott song, or ate his meal at McDonald's. If that's so wrong, I don't wanna be right. I bet he is just another rapper with a synthesized voice.

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
You know, a lot of posters here aren't from the US and won't be as familiar with American cultural references as you. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with age.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I asked one time who someone was and why we should listen to them(I think it was an insider or something) and I got smacked with a warning for genuinely asking. I see those posts a lot as well and always shake my head out of bitterness when they weren't warned lol.

Now, I just bounce out. I don't know who Travis Scott is, nor do I care. That's how old I am.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I find myself feeling the average age on here has shifted downward over the last couple of years.
idk the stats but gaming era seems more active. New console release must've brought more people here, it's why I joined the old site during the ps4 release

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
I'm old enough to remember what it was to work IT before USB pendrives (it was shit!) but getting annoyed because people of a different age group not recognize or don't care about stuff you care is a pretty ageless insecurity.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only 29 and I hate 18 year olds. They're objectively worse than 18 year olds from 10/20/30 years ago. Social media's ubiquity cannot be understated. Oh and then there's that they don't know what a Nintendo 64 is, much less a SNES.

Also yeah, Zoomers think everyone older than them is really old.