FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or are the boomers here are too darn proud of being boomers. So often when there is a thread about a celebrity doing something, we get posts of people asking who they are or in most cases acting proud to the fact they dont know them. Example would be the travis scot ps5 controller thread and the thread about the weekend. I just dont get it, has the participation of boomers increase due to them being sent home for their nursey homes?

Discuss.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
That recent poll in which the majority of the forum stated their first console was the NES explained a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Joke aside, Yeah I notice several of them, guess we're under the prime now. D:

Oct 27, 2017
Dude I'm millennial as fuck (35) and I'm pretty out of touch.

I don't think Gen Z actually knows what a Boomer is. It's not just "anyone older than me".

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
i am not even 30 and had no idea who Travis Scott was until i googled him but i also did not leave a sarcastic comment saying who?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Forums are basically only visited by older people, I don't know what you expected.

"Who?" posts are fucking annoying though, use Alta Vista or Ask Jeeves or whatever old people use to find the answer yourself, grandpa

who is that in your avatar
FateShirou's avatar is Shirou from Fate.

Last edited:

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a millennial and I don't know who Travis Scott is, but I do quite enjoy The Weekend, and weekends in general.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i mean i agree it's dumb for folks to not, like, google stuff, but also i find "urgh boomers!!!" stuff to be really corny

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
OP don't you think that it's a good thing that a wide range of people can be brought together by a common interest?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
this is like moving to the villages and complaining that all your neighbors are old

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
You aren't wrong. I'd rather be surrounded by old people than annoying people my own age (20's) on reddit tho.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or are the boomers here are too darn proud of being boomers. So often when there is a thread about a celebrity doing something, we get posts of people asking who they are or in most cases acting proud to the fact they dont know them. Example would be the travis scot ps5 controller thread and the thread about the weekend. I just dont get it, has the participation of boomers increase due to them being sent home for their nursey homes?

Discuss.
We talked about this near the end of the Travis Scott thread. That proud ignorance always rears it's ugly head when it's about Black culture or hip-hop.

Black Era has been noticing this trend.

Bonus points were people in that thread saying things to the effect of "I don't care about Trap artists" (Travis is not a Trap artist, hmmmmmm)