Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
VszGIsu.gif

arBtCIP.png

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Reacting to one's own ignorance with distain for the knowledge and the knowledgable is sadly a universal trait. We see it on Era with Gen Xers and Millennials in posts pertinent to Gen Z, and we'll probably see Gen Z folks do it to whatever generation follows.

Break the cycle; stay curious.

Youth already do this by saying "That's old", "That's a boomer thing" or whatever when it pertains to knowledge held by older generations.

Or... and hear me out... people could just add some context to their threads instead of just dropping an article and peacing out?

Really, all they have to do is "Travis Scott, an American Rapper, has a PS5" or whatever and that fixes the problem. If we are required to look up people in Google constantly, might as well not even make the thread as we will just learn the news from Google too.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
i look up things that make me curious or interest me. Travis Scott does neither, though I did order his meal at McDonalds.

I won't be googling Travis Scott or the Weeknd. Except when I do, and then immediately forget what they are because they are not "cool" to me.

All I know is these guys are Iceberg cool, ice ice baby, or something. Whatever it is the kids say nowadays.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
every thread about a person needs to link a wikipedia article and then a cutout of an encyclopedia page about wikipedia in case boomers don't know what wikipedia is
Most articles are going to contain the necessary context. Just quoting that part of the article as well as the main point would be enough. You're making it seem like it's a herculean task when it's usually just an extra cut and paste.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
I don't keep up because I don't care, which obviously means I'm not gonna barge in and tell everyone how fucking little I know about X celeb lmao. That's the opposite of not caring.

But really a quick Google search tells you everything you need to know. "hm should I take 5 seconds out of my life to Google this dude's name or proudly proclaim I have no idea who it is...hm!"

(30 btw)

Lothar

Oct 25, 2017
I don't keep up because I don't care, which obviously means I'm not gonna barge in and tell everyone how fucking little I know about X celeb lmao. That's the opposite of not caring.

But really a quick Google search tells you everything you need to know. "hm should I take 5 seconds out of my life to Google this dude's name or proudly proclaim I have no idea who it is...hm!"

(30 btw)

It's basically letting the OP of the thread know that the thread doesn't have enough information. Not sure why anyone doesn't realize that.

And yeah, if people need to google what the thread is about, then the thread starter made a bad thread and probably shouldn't be able to make more.

Oct 25, 2017
Name dropping The Weeknd like he hasn't been around for nearly ten years.

A lot of people don't care about pop culture and that's fine.

The thing that gets me is seeing other millennials and noticing how old they're looking. Ravages of time.

Oct 27, 2017
Name dropping The Weeknd like he hasn't been around for nearly ten years.

A lot of people don't care about pop culture and that's fine.

The thing that gets me is seeing other millennials and noticing how old they're looking. Ravages of time.
My partner just had a Facebook memory pop up of us on a date three years ago and Holy fuck I look ten years older. It's primarily my beard and sides of my head going grey but Jesus.