• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Yup, it's been pc pc pc for a while now.

We also see games like Ara ( I think this is the name), AoE, Flight Sim, Gears tactics all pc first. I bet we will never see a console first game game.

To be fair, anything playable on console can be played on PC due to flexibility of input schemes. Not the same for console where controllers are the paradigm i.e., RTS games are difficult to port from PC to console (competently & actually fun).

solis74

Banned
Jun 11, 2018
Specially when Two Point Hospital was super successful on Gamepass:

When we last spoke, Two Point Hospital was yet to release, and today it's a proven hit. The company initially set a 650,000 sales target, but it has already brought in five million players. Some of that is down to Xbox Game Pass, where the game continues to be popular.

"We're on the third sign up phase on Game Pass," Carr says. "Our unique user monthly rate is so high, [Xbox] keep coming back and saying 'please stay on'.

"I think people get round to a game like Two Point Hospital. It's not necessarily a day one purchase. Players will get to it, but maybe after Assassin's Creed. We've had a really interesting three and a half years to get to that number.

Two Point Campus is going to be huge.

very cool.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Unconfirmed insider teasing
fzbs.gif

solis74

Banned
Jun 11, 2018
That's just not true though. That's not something you can define as a fact at all. For me it's a solid start, because I got two day one games I wanted to try.

Feel free to criticize and complain, but calling it a fact that it was bad is just objectively false.

yeah there are games others love, that are not for me and vice a versa.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I remember when Halo was delayed.
Everyone said it would only be a couple of months (myself included, to be fair). We all thought it would be out by june 2021...

Turns out the game could even have been delayed up until late 2022 to be released in the absolute best state possible with every single feature requested and more.

So, yeah, I don't even know if I'm sure Starfield is ready before june next year.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when Halo was delayed.
Everyone said it would only be a couple of months (myself included, to be fair). We all thought it would be out by june 2021...

Turns out the game could even have been delayed up until late 2022 to be released in the absolute best state possible with every single feature requested and more.

So, yeah, I don't even know if I'm sure Starfield is ready before june next year.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Xbox is basically doing everything they can to make PC Gamepass successful, except for the really important step of having a dedicated engineering team to add features and make it less shit the same way they do on console. They will spend millions on deals with Riot and picking up random PC-only indie titles but won't put any effort into PC Gamepass games having glaring bugs that aren't on the version you'd get from Steam, or games installing themselves twice, or adding features that are at the very least on-parity with what the base Xbox One can do.
I'm fairly certain that they're rebuilding the store from the ground up right now, and that one day in the near-ish future we're going to get an "Introducing the new Xbox store for PC" blog post / press release and people will talk about them "finally" doing something about the PC store without appreciating that the end product was a multi-year effort.

They know about the issues with the store. They're not stupid. And they'd really love it if more people would buy their games on PC on their store as opposed to Steam where they have to pay Valve 30%.

Like with everything, we underestimate how complex other people's jobs are. Consider that it took PlayStation 10+ years before they allowed users to change their PSN names. Point being, this stuff takes time.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fairly certain that they're rebuilding the store from the ground up right now, and that one day in the near-ish future we're going to get an "Introducing the new Xbox store for PC" blog post / press release and people will talk about them "finally" doing something about the PC store without appreciating that the end product was a multi-year effort.

They know about the issues with the store. They're not stupid. And they'd really love it if more people would buy their games on PC on their store as opposed to Steam where they have to pay Valve 30%.

Like with everything, we underestimate how complex other people's jobs are. Consider that it took PlayStation 10+ years before they allowed users to change their PSN names. Point being, this stuff takes time.

The store is a mess since Windows 8. Even GFWL wasn't this broken. How long we gotta wait?

Let's be real now. It takes time doesn't cut it when it's MS, biggest software company and they can't do a proper app right.

You will find similar stories on Xbox too with Game DVR being an absolute shit or Windows. MS software support been a mess ever since they relied on users for beta testing.

There's also weak PC support like not having DLSS for Halo Infinite and other titles, for instance.

This was from last year but it's still true:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-pc-has-such-long-way-go

A whole year and we still aren't there.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
The store is a mess since Windows 8. Even GFWL wasn't this broken. How long we gotta wait?

Let's be real now. It takes time doesn't cut it when it's MS, biggest software company and they can't do a proper app right.

You will find similar stories on Xbox too with Game DVR being an absolute shit or Windows. MS software support been a mess ever since they relied on users for beta testing.

There's also weak PC support like not having DLSS for Halo Infinite and other titles, for instance.

This was from last year but it's still true:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-pc-has-such-long-way-go

A whole year and we still aren't there.
My favorite thing about big tech companies is when they fail to do what they're supposed to be the best at. Microsoft fails to make a good Windows app for Xbox. Google took forever to add a search bar to Stadia 😂

solis74

Banned
Jun 11, 2018
Redfall March, Starfield May/June is is my guess. Always a chance it could be delayed again but Redfall already looked very polished. Starfield looked like it was all there and functioning, just needed more polish time.

yeps and they have 12months from now to polish and tighten up some systems :) (although i can also see a possible big fall release if slips????).

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite thing about big tech companies is when they fail to do what they're supposed to be the best at. Microsoft fails to make a good Windows app for Xbox. Google took forever to add a search bar to Stadia 😂

My guess is how these companies are the size of a damn country so they move extremely slow, and they have numerous teams who don't communicate with each other as much/no sharing.

Adilson

Jul 28, 2022
Good afternoon everyone, my first comment on the topic!, sorry for the English mistakes (because I'm from Brazil), I tried to gather all the games that are scheduled to be released in the first half of 2023 on gamepass, even if there is any delay, still there will be many games coming out! So far we have these games:

- starfield (release window: first half of 2023)
youtu.be

Starfield: Official Gameplay Reveal - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Watch the official gameplay reveal for Starfield from the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase.Starfield releases on Xbox Series X|S and PC in 2023. Play day one...

- redfall( release window: first half of 2023)
youtu.be

Redfall - Official Gameplay Reveal - Coming to Game Pass - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Redfall is an open-world, single-player and co-op FPS from Arkane Austin, the award-winning team behind Prey and Dishonored. Continuing Arkane’s legacy of ca...

- forza motorsport (release window: first half of 2023)
youtu.be

Forza Motorsport - Official Gameplay Demo - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Witness the power of Xbox Series X through Forza Motorsport. Automotive entertainment is reimagined for a new generation.Learn more: https://www.xbox.com/gam...

- ark 2( release window: first half of 2023)
youtu.be

ARK 2 - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Survive the past. Tame the future. Suddenly awakened on a primal world filled with dinosaurs and humans struggling for dominance, you must team-up with legen...

- stalker 2( release window: first half of 2023)
youtu.be

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl — Gameplay Trailer

From epic cutscenes and underground labs to open-world fields, here is the first look at the gameplay of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl.https://www.xbo...

- hollow knight silksong ( release window: first half of 2023)
youtu.be

Hollow Knight: Silksong - Xbox Game Pass Reveal Trailer - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Hunt, Survive, Vanquish in Hollow Knight: Silksong, launching Day One on Xbox Game Pass.

- wo long: Falled Dystany( release window: first half of 2023)
youtu.be

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty - Reveal Trailer - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty follows the dramatic, action-packed story of a nameless militia soldier fighting for survival in a dark fantasy version of the Later ...

- Minecraft legends( release window: first half of 2023)
youtu.be

Minecraft Legends – Announce Trailer

Discover the mysteries of Minecraft Legends, our upcoming action strategy game. Explore a familiar yet mysterious land, full of diverse life, lush biomes, an...

- ARA: history untold( release window: first half of 2023)
youtu.be

Ara: History Untold - Announce Trailer - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Ara: History Untold delivers an evolution in turn-based historical grand strategy. Your choices will define the world you create, your experience, and your l...

- Replaced ( release window: first half of 2023)
youtu.be

REPLACED | Announce Trailer

Discover the dark secrets of Phoenix-City. Define your shared future in REPLACED coming in 2022 to Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox Game Pass for Console ...

- flinlock: The siege of dawn(janela de lançamento: primeiro semestre de 2023)
youtu.be

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn – Gameplay Reveal - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Get a first look at Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn’s gunpowder-packed and magic-fueled combat in the first gameplay reveal video. Take to Flintlock’s vast batt...

-the last case Benedict fox (janela de lançamento: primeiro semestre de 2023)
youtu.be

The Last Case of Benedict Fox - Reveal Trailer - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Descend into a limbo of decaying memories as Benedict Fox, a self-proclaimed detective bound to his demon companion. Use that bond to explore the minds of th...

- Ravenlok (janela de lançamento: primeiro semestre de 2023)
youtu.be

Ravenlok - Official Announce Trailer - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Ravenlok is an action-packed fairytale reimagining of a troubled kingdom and a young girl’s destiny to fulfill a dangerous prophecy. By the creators of Echo ...

- COCOON(janela de lançamento: primeiro semestre de 2023)
youtu.be

COCOON - Reveal Trailer - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

COCOON is coming to Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One in 2023.From Jeppe Carlsen, the lead gameplay designer of LIMBO and INSIDE — COCOON takes y...

- Lightyear Frontier (janela de lançamento: primeiro semestre de 2023)
youtu.be

Lightyear Frontier - A Fresh Start - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Welcome to the Frontier! Begin your new life on a strange and beautiful planet as you build up your homestead. Arriving in Early Access, Spring 2023!Combinin...

- eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heros (janela de lançamento: primeiro semestre de 2023)
youtu.be

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Announcement Trailer

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is an exciting new JRPG adventure published by 505 Games and developed by Rabbit & Bear Studios. https://www.xbox.com/games...

- valheim (janela de lançamento: primeiro semestre de 2023)
youtu.be

Valheim coming to Game Pass - Xbox Games Showcase Extended 2022

The Viking afterlife awaits! Join over 10 Million players this fall as viking survival game Valheim launches on PC & PC Game Pass, coming to Xbox & Xbox Game...

- Ereban: shadow legends((janela de lançamento: primeiro semestre de 2023)
youtu.be

Ereban: Shadow Legacy Announcement Trailer - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Indie developer Baby Robot Games, and publisher Raw Fury, are proud to reveal their debut game, Ereban: Shadow Legacy, a fast-paced stealth platformer game w...

- persona 3 e 4 ( release window: first half of 2023)
youtu.be

Persona Series on Xbox — Announce Trailer | Xbox Game Pass - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

You never saw it coming! Persona 5 Royal, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 3 Portable are coming to Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows PC! ...

probable on gamepass / others
- Diablo4 ( release window: first half of 2023)
youtu.be

Diablo IV - Developer Gameplay Showcase - Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase 2022

Behold what Diablo IV has in store. 🔥The Diablo IV dev team dives into the latest gameplay innovations coming to the next installment in the Diablo franchise.

- routine ( no release date)
youtu.be

ROUTINE - Official Reveal Trailer | Summer Game Fest 2022

Get your first chilling look at this first-person sci-fi horror game Routine. #IGN #IGNSummerofGaming

-the texas chain Shaw massacre(2023)
youtu.be

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre - Gameplay Trailer - Xbox Games Showcase Extended 2022

Gun Interactive and Sumo Nottingham are excited to show players a look at the gameplay for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, coming in 2023.

- bounty stars(2023)

youtu.be

BOUNTY STAR | Reveal Trailer

Bounty Star is coming to Xbox in 2023. You play as Clementine McKinney, an ex-soldier without purpose or peace, as she gets back into a mech, fights bands of...

Last edited:

GlobeGamer

Aug 26, 2021
Boa tarde a todos, meu primeiro comentário no tópico!, desculpem os erros de inglês (porque sou do Brasil), tentei reunir todos os jogos que estão programados para serem lançados no primeiro semestre de 2023 no gamepass, mesmo se houver algum adiamento, ainda vai ter muitos jogos saindo! Até agora temos esses jogos:

- ARA: história não contada( release window: first half of 2023)

- flintlock: The siege of dawn( release window: first half of 2023)

-the last case of benedict fox( release window: first half of 2023)

- Ravenlok( release window: first half of 2023)

- cocoon( release window: first half of 2023)

- Lightyear Frontier( release window: first half of 2023)

- eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heros( release window: first half of 2023)

- valheim( release window: first half of 2023)

- Ereban: shadow legends(( release window: first half of 2023)

- massacre da Serra elétrica (dados de lançamento: 2023)

- rotina( dados de lançamento : ainda não possui )
Can't wait for Stalker 2, Redfall, Forza motorsport, and Starfield

solis74

Banned
Jun 11, 2018
Boa tarde a todos, meu primeiro comentário no tópico!, desculpem os erros de inglês (porque sou do Brasil), tentei reunir todos os jogos que estão programados para serem lançados no primeiro semestre de 2023 no gamepass, mesmo se houver algum adiamento, ainda vai ter muitos jogos saindo! Até agora temos esses jogos:

- ARA: história não contada( release window: first half of 2023)

- flintlock: The siege of dawn( release window: first half of 2023)

-the last case of benedict fox( release window: first half of 2023)

- Ravenlok( release window: first half of 2023)

- cocoon( release window: first half of 2023)

- Lightyear Frontier( release window: first half of 2023)

- eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heros( release window: first half of 2023)

- valheim( release window: first half of 2023)

- Ereban: shadow legends(( release window: first half of 2023)

- massacre da Serra elétrica (dados de lançamento: 2023)

- rotina( dados de lançamento : ainda não possui )

Any translation to this new account post??????

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Any translation to this new account post??????

"Good afternoon everyone, my first comment on the topic!, sorry for the English mistakes (because I'm from Brazil), I tried to gather all the games that are scheduled to be released in the first half of 2023 on gamepass, even if there is any delay, still there will be many games coming out! So far we have these games:"

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Not adding, they're having issues taking away.

Like how Infinite had to severely cut back the open world.
Tbh this just sounds like a Bethesda game then. Skyrim was especially bad wherein there's so much content and quest lines that they cut just so they could make their 11/11/11 date for release, and while I don't know for certain, I'm pretty sure Fallout 4 was the same way in terms of content and mechanics cut for time.

Which honestly makes it kind of surprising that they delayed Starfield at all, so it must've really been in a rough state. Hopefully they'll be able to take the time they need to get a game that works well and not cut to many features that would actually be beneficial to the game

solis74

Banned
Jun 11, 2018
"Good afternoon everyone, my first comment on the topic!, sorry for the English mistakes (because I'm from Brazil), I tried to gather all the games that are scheduled to be released in the first half of 2023 on gamepass, even if there is any delay, still there will be many games coming out! So far we have these games:"

thanks

Adilson

Jul 28, 2022
sorry for not being in english! I think I pressed on something that translated again to Portuguese (Brazilian) kk😅🙏

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017

I'd like to think that, but absolutely nothing indicates that there's anything going on. They came out with Advanced Installs nine months ago, and more-or-less haven't touched anything with them since. You still can't add PCGP games to driver-utilities for things like custom mouse profiles, or add them to Steam. Being able to add PCGP games to Steam, and have things like the overlay, controller rebinding, remote play, so on, would basically invalidate most issues with the service being barebones. It's literally one thing they need to do, and if they're aware of the service's issues, they should be aware that they could easily piggy-back off of Valve and address a ton of complaints, like everyone else already can. But they won't.

I've been keeping track of updates and PR for a while, at this point the PC app only gets one update a month with 2-3 minor, often game-specific fixes each. Or things to do with cloud. Microsoft has never communicated the state of their PC gaming side in the same vein that they do for Xbox, it's more-or-less the same "We promise" stories they've come out with every year since 2007. They didn't even include anything PC-related in that big 20th anniversary metaverse thing; For some reason they didn't even track any of my hours on recent PC Gamepass stuff, but they did have my info for my time in Fallout 3 with GFWL? It's like the PC gaming side of Xbox doesn't actually exist as a part of Xbox. The nonexistent communication and very iffy "PCGP is part of Xbox except when it isnt" image really gives the feeling that they aren't actually doing anything with the service, that there's basically a skeleton crew just trying to keep it afloat.

On the buying things route, I think nobody is ever going to use Microsoft's offerings as a means to buy PC games, specifically because of Gamepass. Why would anyone buy a game there when there's a couple hundred on this subscription service I've been loading up for free through Bing searches?

Oh yeah, these. I've tried a few of the games they added, they're all done terribly. Quake 4 got a nice modernizing patch a month or so back. Everything they just put on the Insider rings hasn't been touched at all, or is just being emulated through DOSBox, and you can't configure anything or add community patches because the files are locked down with broken permissions. Xbox had back compat with resolution and framerate boosts, PC gets DOSBox. That sums up the Xbox-on-PC experience pretty succinctly.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017

One of the better decisions MS made.

They need to spend this gen reestablishing 'traditional' gaming which I feel they have been doing. And that includes gaming through the cloud.

Creating a peripheral one that would have to be very expensive and supported by your studios would have been MS taking their eye off the ball. A few years in maybe they'll let us use other VR options

I suspect Sony thought MS would also do a VR option. Happy they didn't.

Oct 25, 2017
Tons of marketing roles just popped up, a lot related to Japan

careers.microsoft.com

Integrated Marketing Manager, Gaming in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan | Marketing at Microsoft

Apply for Integrated Marketing Manager, Gaming job with Microsoft in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan. Marketing at Microsoft

CCSM is seeking an Integrated Marketing Manager to join the Asia Gaming Marketing team to focus on Xbox integrated marketing in Japan. Working as part of a team, this role will collaborate with a variety of key stakeholders include Channel Marketing, Partner marketing, Social, PR, Category Management, Sales and Worldwide Integrated Marketing team to build campaigns and strategies that deliver on business and marketing objectives. At the heart of your efforts will be our consumers, where you will be the integrated marketing subject matter expert and be focused on activities to grow brand love and ensure innovation and consistency of brand and product experiences across all consumer touchpoints.

also:

careers.microsoft.com

Consumer Channel and Partner Marketing- Xbox in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan | Marketing at Microsoft

Apply for Consumer Channel and Partner Marketing- Xbox job with Microsoft in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan. Marketing at Microsoft
careers.microsoft.com

Xbox Category Manager - Content & Services in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan | Marketing at Microsoft

Apply for Xbox Category Manager - Content & Services job with Microsoft in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan. Marketing at Microsoft
careers.microsoft.com

Xbox Category Manager - Devices in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan | Marketing at Microsoft

Apply for Xbox Category Manager - Devices job with Microsoft in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan. Marketing at Microsoft

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Tons of marketing roles just popped up, a lot related to Japan

careers.microsoft.com

Integrated Marketing Manager, Gaming in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan | Marketing at Microsoft

Apply for Integrated Marketing Manager, Gaming job with Microsoft in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan. Marketing at Microsoft

also:

careers.microsoft.com

Consumer Channel and Partner Marketing- Xbox in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan | Marketing at Microsoft

Apply for Consumer Channel and Partner Marketing- Xbox job with Microsoft in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan. Marketing at Microsoft
careers.microsoft.com

Xbox Category Manager - Content & Services in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan | Marketing at Microsoft

Apply for Xbox Category Manager - Content & Services job with Microsoft in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan. Marketing at Microsoft
careers.microsoft.com

Xbox Category Manager - Devices in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan | Marketing at Microsoft

Apply for Xbox Category Manager - Devices job with Microsoft in Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan. Marketing at Microsoft
They're reading the OT! Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.