Status
Not open for further replies.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Yeah Halo can take a good long break and be picked up by a different studio in a couple of years. 343i has nothing to offer the franchise. They suck at storytelling, their not cutting edge on the tech side, they don't deliver content at a good cadence. The only thing they got right is gameplay which they inherited from Bungie.

I'd rather it die than continue to be what it is at this point.
They'll get where they need to be imo.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Microsoft just can't afford all AAA games on GP because everyone's only subbed for $1 🎻 😢

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I wonder how many months/years it'll take for people to stop saying "damn this is a shit month for gamepass" every time they announce the first drop for the first two weeks of the month, they didnt announce all games for August, they also have been adding games randomly within the month too.

If you don't like the service cancel it, simple as that, maybe post on Twitter that you cancelled it too 🤭

most folks are subbed for years, so just work on your backlog, every sub service will have slow months. :)

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Not only that but the poster is already moaning about the next drop lol…got their mind made up. Makes me roll my eyes hardcore…

The world is already in a crap place, I tend to nowdays just try to be more positive about things and appreciate what I have, like even if they posted games I hated, I tend to just shrug it off and move on and not dwell on it. I know people pay for this stuff and that's why I say just cancel it until something good comes around. It only takes like 2-3 AAA game purchases to make it worth while and I find it hard to believe that out of 400+ games plus new ones each month people can't find something worth playing.

most folks are subbed for years, so just work on your backlog, every sub service will have slow months. :)

Yup so much backlog, I don't think it's even possible that people don't have some sort of backlog haha unless you game like 11 hours a day every day of the week or only like one game.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox is basically doing everything they can to make PC Gamepass successful, except for the really important step of having a dedicated engineering team to add features and make it less shit the same way they do on console. They will spend millions on deals with Riot and picking up random PC-only indie titles but won't put any effort into PC Gamepass games having glaring bugs that aren't on the version you'd get from Steam, or games installing themselves twice, or adding features that are at the very least on-parity with what the base Xbox One can do.

DDrift

Jun 9, 2019
I wonder how many months/years it'll take for people to stop saying "damn this is a shit month for gamepass" every time they announce the first drop for the first two weeks of the month, they didnt announce all games for August, they also have been adding games randomly within the month too.

If you don't like the service cancel it, simple as that, maybe post on Twitter that you cancelled it too 🤭

Ohhh I forgot that as a fan we should NEVER criticize the things that we like. Sorry for that.

Gezzzz chill out dude, it's a bad start for the month and that's a fact. Just because I like the service this will not change, and yes, let me tell you, because I think this is news for you. We SHOULD criticize what we like, so they can improve.

But yeah, go into twitter to say this is a marvelous start of month for GamePass...

Last edited:

Idas

Antitrusting By Keyboard
Mar 20, 2022
i feel like i'm an different universe with all the 'small games' talk and Two Point Campus day 1 is right there lol

Specially when Two Point Hospital was super successful on Gamepass:

When we last spoke, Two Point Hospital was yet to release, and today it's a proven hit. The company initially set a 650,000 sales target, but it has already brought in five million players. Some of that is down to Xbox Game Pass, where the game continues to be popular.

"We're on the third sign up phase on Game Pass," Carr says. "Our unique user monthly rate is so high, [Xbox] keep coming back and saying 'please stay on'.

"I think people get round to a game like Two Point Hospital. It's not necessarily a day one purchase. Players will get to it, but maybe after Assassin's Creed. We've had a really interesting three and a half years to get to that number.

Two Point Campus is going to be huge.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Specially when Two Point Hospital was super successful on Gamepass:

When we last spoke, Two Point Hospital was yet to release, and today it's a proven hit. The company initially set a 650,000 sales target, but it has already brought in five million players. Some of that is down to Xbox Game Pass, where the game continues to be popular.

"We're on the third sign up phase on Game Pass," Carr says. "Our unique user monthly rate is so high, [Xbox] keep coming back and saying 'please stay on'.

"I think people get round to a game like Two Point Hospital. It's not necessarily a day one purchase. Players will get to it, but maybe after Assassin's Creed. We've had a really interesting three and a half years to get to that number.

Two Point Campus is going to be huge.

I think that's something we often forget.
Behind the scenes Xbox is making a lot of deals to renew the Game Pass contracts for a lot of titles.

I expected a lot of titles to leave GP this year but they're still here, more than a year after release. It's cool.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Like Epic and the EGS.
Mmhm. And I'd be happier with both Epic and Xbox if they both just gave up with making a service and put their games on somewhere decent.
I honestly tolerate Xbox's issues less because they have a gaming console that I know has the features I want. Why can't I Remote Play PCGP games when someone on Xbox can do that? Why isn't there a huge Xbox-branded gaming suite, with a launcher and overlay that's all controller-compatible? Why is Xbox pretending that PC gaming is a big deal for them while also never investing anything into it? Why are there more mobile-centric Xbox accessories than PC ones? Where's my fuckin' Xbox-designed mouse and mechanical keyboard that works with your proprietary dongle, Xbox???

The last bit's a joke, but it isn't a joke that Xbox cares more about mobile and cloud gaming than PC. Which is kinda dumb when one takes way less effort to improve upon.

Sep 22, 2021
Xbox is basically doing everything they can to make PC Gamepass successful, except for the really important step of having a dedicated engineering team to add features and make it less shit the same way they do on console.

The best thing about the Activision acquisition is that they can now kill the Xbox PC app and use Battle Net as a replacement.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about the Activision acquisition is that they can now kill the Xbox PC app and use Battle Net as a replacement.
Thing is, they can't do that, because they rely on using the Microsoft Store backend, which is used for Xbox too. Presumably games on PC-Xbox and Actual-Xbox use the same data warehouse, which streamlines things like cross-buy for games.

Xbox's top priority is supporting their consoles in their service for people that don't have their consoles. I dislike Epic, but at least they actually made a PC gaming service for people who do PC gaming.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I can't remember if Acitivison uses Amazon or Google for Battle.Net and maybe their other server infra but I imagine MS will eventually transition them off onto Azure. That would take a shit ton of testing and effort

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Spoilers: they gonna do the opposite.

As for the Game Pass drop, it's a fact that console players are getting less for more. We are paying for online multiplayer and getting 4 console games. Huge difference from previous years.

MS priority is PC and it shows. They even had a whole section for Riot games in their show, none for consoles lol.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
When you guys think Redfall and Starfield will launch?

I'm guessing they got one year delays so Redfall will be summer 2023 and Starfield winter 2023 or early 2024.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
QuakeCon is in a couple weeks. I think we see Redfall there, and probably Starfield as well, though I'm not as confident in that one. They did mention doing a video explaining the whole 1000 planets system, so maybe that drops there.

That would great, i want every bit of Starfield info they are ready to give!! ;)

DDrift

Jun 9, 2019
That's just not true though. That's not something you can define as a fact at all. For me it's a solid start, because I got two day one games I wanted to try.

Feel free to criticize and complain, but calling it a fact that it was bad is just objectively false.

January: Mass Effect Legendary Edition
February: Madden NFL 22
March: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
April: MLB: The Show 22
May: Trek To Yomi / Citizen Sleeper
June: FIFA 22 / FarCry 5
July: PowerWash Simulator

Dunno but I can't stop think August is the weak start of all of those months.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
just for fun i checked the games added on the first two weeks of august in 2021 and 2020 and i think today's the best one or at least its up there.

TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates_8.3.2021_3.jpg

2020:

View: https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1291041322938204161

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
When you guys think Redfall and Starfield will launch?

I'm guessing they got one year delays so Redfall will be summer 2023 and Starfield winter 2023 or early 2024.
Despite being featured as games in the next 12 months from the showcase 🤔

Redfall February, Starfield May maybe June.

Forza Motorsport either march or april

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
People were hoping the same would happen after the Bethesda acquisition, that Microsoft would drop the Xbox app for the Bethesda launcher. What happened instead was that Bethesda killed their launcher and migrated everyone to Steam.

They still operate relatively independent from Microsoft and XGS, despite being part of the same family, and the same will be true for Activision, I'm sure.

Who actually believes this lmao

Also i've heard Starfield seems to be having some scope creep issues right now.
And where did you hear this?

Oct 25, 2017
2021 Hades drop was amazing. Then Katamari and two Skate games. Idk what's so good about this drop.

....... two point campus?

that's far better than katamari and skate lol

hades does rule, though. was my 2020 goty, but i played it on pc before coming to consoles.

Not adding, they're having issues taking away.
pretty sure we have known about the scope issues since before the showcase because of schreier's comments

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Who actually believes this lmao

Also i've heard Starfield seems to be having some scope creep issues right now.
I feel like most people believe it... Why wouldn't you? Redfall seems to be in a pretty good place based on everything they're showing and Todd was pretty dead set on the 2022 November release date for Starfield. Do you really think these games need an extra year?

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
2021 Hades drop was amazing. Then Katamari and two Skate games. Idk what's so good about this drop.
Hades alone is better than anything recently. Also, it's the drop in console games that is clearly obvious.
i didnt like hades basically at all so the best game there for me was dodgeball academia, which is an alright game. i expect two point campus to be good so at the very least it evens out personally. man of medan and darksiders genesis were pretty cool.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Redfall March, Starfield May/June is is my guess. Always a chance it could be delayed again but Redfall already looked very polished. Starfield looked like it was all there and functioning, just needed more polish time.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
The world is already in a crap place, I tend to nowdays just try to be more positive about things and appreciate what I have, like even if they posted games I hated, I tend to just shrug it off and move on and not dwell on it. I know people pay for this stuff and that's why I say just cancel it until something good comes around. It only takes like 2-3 AAA game purchases to make it worth while and I find it hard to believe that out of 400+ games plus new ones each month people can't find something worth playing.

Yup so much backlog, I don't think it's even possible that people don't have some sort of backlog haha unless you game like 11 hours a day every day of the week or only like one game.

yeps :)

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Spoilers: they gonna do the opposite.

As for the Game Pass drop, it's a fact that console players are getting less for more. We are paying for online multiplayer and getting 4 console games. Huge difference from previous years.

MS priority is PC and it shows. They even had a whole section for Riot games in their show, none for consoles lol.

Yup, it's been pc pc pc for a while now.

We also see games like Ara ( I think this is the name), AoE, Flight Sim, Gears tactics all pc first. I bet we will never see a console first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.