• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I don't know if he's gonna retain that board power for long if he's messing with company money like that.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1551570518263857154

WWE will revise financial statements going back to 2019, saying that a total of $14.6 million of "certain payments" that Vince McMahon made while chairman and CEO should have been recorded as expenses.

McMahon on Friday announced that he was retiring from WWE. That came fives weeks after he said he would be stepping down from his roles as chairman and CEO of WWE amid an ongoing investigation into allegations that he paid out millions of dollars to multiple women to keep quiet about alleged affairs and misconduct.

On Monday, WWE disclosed in an SEC filing that it "has made a preliminary determination that certain payments that Vince McMahon agreed to make during the period from 2006 through 2022 (including amounts paid and payable in the future), and that were not recorded in the WWE consolidated financial statements, should have been recorded as expenses in the quarters in which those agreements were made."

Those payments were or will be paid by McMahon personally, according to the company. WWE said while those were not material in any individual period, the aggregate amount of $14.6 million "would be material if recorded entirely in the second quarter of 2022." As such, the company currently anticipates that it will revise its previously issued financial statements to record McMahon's payments in the applicable periods for 2019, 2020 and 2021, as well as the first quarter of 2022, when it issues its financial statements for the second quarter of 2022.

Given that the payments McMahon made over the course of 16 years while leading company were not reflected in its financial statements, "the company expects to conclude that its internal control over financial reporting was not effective as a result of one or more material weaknesses."

variety.com

WWE to Revise Financial Statements to Account for Vince McMahon’s $14.6 Million in Personal Payments

WWE will revise financial reports back to 2019, saying Vince McMahon's $14.6 million in payments should have been recorded as expenses.

AND THERE IT IS

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Forgive the basic question, but why wouldn't a sleaze like Vince just pay out of his own pocket rather than dip into WWE books? I know billionaires don't really have their entire fortunes at their ready access, but if he's truly worth a billion, I'd think Vince personally had access to 14 million. Is he just cheap and didn't think he'd get caught?

Dec 30, 2020
Forgive the basic question, but why wouldn't a sleaze like Vince just pay out of his own pocket rather than dip into WWE books? I know billionaires don't really have their entire fortunes at their ready access, but if he's truly worth a billion, I'd think Vince personally had access to 14 million. Is he just cheap and didn't think he'd get caught?
That's the thing about being rich. You're always looking to use someone else's money instead of your own for fear of running out.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How did shareholders found out about this?
The-Rock-and-Nick-Khan-1200x900.jpg

The partners are out for blood.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

WWE will revise financial statements going back to 2019, saying that a total of $14.6 million of "certain payments" that Vince McMahon made while chairman and CEO should have been recorded as expenses.

McMahon on Friday announced that he was retiring from WWE. That came fives weeks after he said he would be stepping down from his roles as chairman and CEO of WWE amid an ongoing investigation into allegations that he paid out millions of dollars to multiple women to keep quiet about alleged affairs and misconduct.

On Monday, WWE disclosed in an SEC filing that it "has made a preliminary determination that certain payments that Vince McMahon agreed to make during the period from 2006 through 2022 (including amounts paid and payable in the future), and that were not recorded in the WWE consolidated financial statements, should have been recorded as expenses in the quarters in which those agreements were made."

Those payments were or will be paid by McMahon personally, according to the company. WWE said while those were not material in any individual period, the aggregate amount of $14.6 million "would be material if recorded entirely in the second quarter of 2022." As such, the company currently anticipates that it will revise its previously issued financial statements to record McMahon's payments in the applicable periods for 2019, 2020 and 2021, as well as the first quarter of 2022, when it issues its financial statements for the second quarter of 2022.

Given that the payments McMahon made over the course of 16 years while leading company were not reflected in its financial statements, "the company expects to conclude that its internal control over financial reporting was not effective as a result of one or more material weaknesses."

variety.com

WWE to Revise Financial Statements to Account for Vince McMahon’s $14.6 Million in Personal Payments

WWE will revise financial reports back to 2019, saying Vince McMahon's $14.6 million in payments should have been recorded as expenses.

I knew he was close with Trump but I didn't realize it was this close.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017

variety.com

He needs burned next for the share selling before major stuff went down with xfl. Insider trading for sure. Plus there was a TON of book shuffling of wwe moneys when xfl hit which was against shareholders wishes if it was slushing funds from wwe to support xfl. A sudden extra saudi blood money show and a huge check cut suddenly had things looking normal but it was a pretty obvious cover-up. The class action suit got settled out of court to end ita investigation.

This wasnt his first sec violation. With his history of business tactics all the way from how he tooknover or killed territories to more recent stuff with trying to strong armnstreaming services from showing mlw to trying to blackball njpw and roh from arenas. Hes always had crooked illegal tactics. Its just the first that stuck and honestly we all had a feeling when they became a publicly traded company accountable to shareholders that ot was going to be how Vince finally ruined himself because its harder to do business in that manner when you answer to shareholders.

I hope the subpoena exposes it all and burns em. Also hope they end the saudi shows. Screw blood money and honestly shareholders need a real financial report to show just hoe much of their worth is held by huge influx reposits from the saudis. They gotta correct the product hard because 1 saudi show now makes more money than the enite rest of their year combined.

Last edited:

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
At some point, its going to come out about how all these people came together behind the scenes to get Vince out.

Stooge

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope HHH actually brings peak NXT booking to the main roster. The talent is there for the product to be good.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
So this pretty much means that anyone who paid for anything regarding WWE potentially had their money used towards funding Vince's bullshit, right?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So if Im reading another tweet correctly, Vince used his personal money to pay the hush money but he actually failed to report it?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So if Im reading another tweet correctly, Vince used his personal money to pay the hush money but he actually failed to report it?
That seems to be the gist of it from last I saw. Essentially he had to declare it because it could affect the business so him not doing so is a big deal. It being his money would lessen the severity I would assume but I'm no expert.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
That seems to be the gist of it from last I saw. Essentially he had to declare it because it could affect the business so him not doing so is a big deal. It being his money would lessen the severity I would assume but I'm no expert.

There's also the issue of the first woman reported on getting a huge salary increase, at the WWE's expense, following her physical relationship w/ McMahon and Lauranitis.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
He used both personal and undisclosed company money.

If it is true that the initial hush money agreements were made with his personal money, then that means this new number consists of costs calculated to fall on WWE based on his actions - prime example being one of the women who supposedly got a 100k / year raise after agreeing to a NDA with Vince.

So who knows how deep this goes.

Jmanunknown

Oct 26, 2017
This is wild so the last domino dropped and Triple H is in charge of creative. Yeah Vince is done and they are probably selling but Triple H finally get's his chance to book shows and storylines without the ever looming threat of Vince calling someone up or messing with his storylines.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is wild so the last domino dropped and Triple H is in charge of creative. Yeah Vince is done and they are probably selling but Triple H finally get's his chance to book shows and storylines without the ever looming threat of Vince calling someone up or messing with his storylines.
Wait so it's confirmed Triple H is in charge of creative? I thought Pritchard was in charge

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Would seem with Mcmahon gone the 68% other shareholders are pushing for a sale of the company accounting for some of the stocks increase in value alongside the general consensus ofnthe market that Vince was a senile imbecile murdering the product alongside his stooges. With every large name kicked to the curb that was a "Vince guy" stock increased.

Theres your legacy. Instantly proven theyre better off without you. Hes gone forever. From the federal probes from the SEC to the company value boosting so hugely on the market with his removal he can never be voted back or run it via proxy.

Theres still 2 more major news stories nearing release as well that are said to be particularly damning from different outlets. Rides not over yet.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Yes its been confirmed. RAW last night was the first show Paul helped produce as lead creative.
Keep in mind that last night's show was already written before Vince stepped down, and there likely is creative until the Cardiff show that's already settled on. There were some minor changes last night that made the show feel a little more organic but I don't think we'll really see Triple H's vision start to form until after Cardiff, and even then I don't think we'll fully see his vision until 6-12 months into this thing.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that last night's show was already written before Vince stepped down, and there likely is creative until the Cardiff show that's already settled on. There were some minor changes last night that made the show feel a little more organic but I don't think we'll really see Triple H's vision start to form until after Cardiff, and even then I don't think we'll fully see his vision until 6-12 months into this thing.

Oh for sure. Its going to take a while for his influence to really take hold. I'm sure at least the next 6 months if not to wrestlemania itself is already largely planned out.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, yeah, there's gotta be some more damning stories about to release if Vince sold his stock. Also ironic how Vince and Trump are both being investigated the same day.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017

I assume he still has the majority of voting rights stock? I honestly have no idea what happens when someone with the majority of voting rights retires in disgrace like this?

Would seem with Mcmahon gone the 68% other shareholders are pushing for a sale of the company accounting for some of the stocks increase in value alongside the general consensus ofnthe market that Vince was a senile imbecile murdering the product alongside his stooges. With every large name kicked to the curb that was a "Vince guy" stock increased.

Theres your legacy. Instantly proven theyre better off without you. Hes gone forever. From the federal probes from the SEC to the company value boosting so hugely on the market with his removal he can never be voted back or run it via proxy.

Theres still 2 more major news stories nearing release as well that are said to be particularly damning from different outlets. Rides not over yet.

No idea how it works in the current situation but vince had the majority of voting rights stock even with his way less than majority ownership of total stock so if he maintains that then I imagine a sale needs his yes vote to be approved? Even if it does I imagine at this point he'd just say yes and cash out because he apparently had no life outside of wwe and people have no idea wtf he'll do to keep his carnie ass busy now.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who is still there that really needs a kick out the door? I don't follow the backstage stuff super closely. Kevin Dunn? I'm sure there are probably plenty of others.

Big Tent Expat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who is still there that really needs a kick out the door? I don't follow the backstage stuff super closely. Kevin Dunn? I'm sure there are probably plenty of others.
Dunn. He's the one I've wanted gone more than anyone since I started watching again infrequently in 2011. I legit get headaches trying to watch WWE under his direction.