Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Yeah I remember that story, really fucked up by Michaels.

I just get tired of this idea that Nash is some progressive hero of wrestling when is his a typical rich white lib. Granted that may be better than many in wrestling but it's still not good enough. If people wanna talk about great leftists they need to be bringing up people like Hangman or ZSJ and a whole host of other young wrestlers.

Who is ZSJ?

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has any good storyline, idea or talent hire been attributed to Bruce Prichard? I don't remember hearing his name once as a kid.

Patterson came up with the Royal Rumble
JR scouted Austin & Mick Foley
Did the Briscoe's help scout Lesnar & Angle?
Heyman & Bischoff both ran rival promotions with varying degrees of success

What has Prichard done again?

He suggested they hire Mark Callaway(the undertaker).
Kane(the character), he claims, was his greatest creation.

That's not HALF bad.

but yeah, the recent stuff is pretty f'n cheezy and bad.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Zack Sabre Jr.
More on him in the quotes below with clips.
The guy is probably one of the wildest submission experts ever. Literally everything he does turns into a submission. Even his submissions typically turn into a sequence of him starting with one joint locl qnd working in additional limbs the longer your in his hands and eventually mixing in stomps and headbutts to your joints or head while your in the hold.
Example is how he dismantled Chris Hero.

View: https://youtu.be/PWxo3rtFLBc

Between that he does studf like running punt kicks to faces. And since his holds are catch wrestling style daisy chaining holds he doesnt per se have a particular signature submission he ends matches with and even mocks go to finishers by naming new holds ridiculous long or odd names. He swept the New Japan Cup beating Naito, Tanahashi and more one year with a particularly gruesome hold that combined a calf slicer, a stretch muffler and he even worked it into a bananasplit which is rare.

View: https://youtu.be/kBmH-l87Xq0

He was in the cruiserweight classic as a standout and like Ibushi laughed at the lowball wages they tried to make him take and left.

My god the way he tapped out Noam Dar was brutal. Go to 2:53 to see him satellite counter Dar outta a run to land in the ground in a rings of saturn using his leg totry to dislocate the shoulder which he then headbutted until tap ehile it was bent so far it looked OUT.

View: https://youtu.be/cVmPsHrQ6GY

One of the best in the world and has been a major name in New Japan for years even taking out their best on the regular. Crazy skinny but its honestly only made his mystique of being someone notnto mess with crazier because he tortures anyone and grapples rings around em regardless of his skinnier size.

Caught Smackdowns open at the gym and lol at how fast they cut to the Street Profits intro when Steph tried to start a Thank You Vince chant and it just wasnt catchin. You can pipe in cheers but you cant pipe in a chant no ones ever done.

Hes gone. Rest in piss you stain.

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Has any good storyline, idea or talent hire been attributed to Bruce Prichard? I don't remember hearing his name once as a kid.

Patterson came up with the Royal Rumble
JR scouted Austin & Mick Foley
Did the Briscoe's help scout Lesnar & Angle?
Heyman & Bischoff both ran rival promotions with varying degrees of success

What has Prichard done again?

Prichard has never really been about creative by and large. He may have come up with some ideas and finishes here and there, with the most notable being him coming up with the name for Kane, but his main job was always more about backstage production (outside a very brief period when he ran talent relations), things like shooting vignettes, making sure materials and wrestlers were there and ready for shoots, staging for backstage segments, etc.

You didn't hear about the creations in the same way you did the others because his job wasn't about scouting talent or being creative, it was more about making sure that what was ultimately was decided to be done was produced even though he was on the "creative team" in the 80s/90s, but that term meant something significantly different than it does now. His position was more like Dunn's. Dunn never came up with anything of note, he just was told what was being done and shot it. Prichard mostly has been in that same field

GolazoDan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I remember that story, really fucked up by Michaels.

I just get tired of this idea that Nash is some progressive hero of wrestling when is his a typical rich white lib. Granted that may be better than many in wrestling but it's still not good enough. If people wanna talk about great leftists they need to be bringing up people like Hangman or ZSJ and a whole host of other young wrestlers.
ZSJ went very quiet on the big issues the moment his best friends got accused of being sex pests and run out of town (still a SPLX sponsored athlete as well).

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Nahh. The only way he's gonna be completely gone from the WWE is when he's dead. I think Vince is gonna still have some kind of influence behind the scenes, because he loves it too much to give it up.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Nahh. The only way he's gonna be completely gone from the WWE is when he's dead. I think Vince is gonna still have some kind of influence behind the scenes, because he loves it too much to give it up.
exactly. he's not even leaving because he wants to go but because they have heads up on all the news about to drop about him in the coming days/weeks.

he's still the majority shareholder. his family/puppets are still in key positions of power. nothing will really change until he sells.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Wipe the slate clean and let Shane take over with Paul Heyman as head of creative. Get back to basics with a small booking team and storylines that actually excite and make sense. Give HHH NXT back.

We need another Attitude Era after this New Generation phase.

People need to stop holding both Shane and Heyman up on a pedestal. While it could be him booking towards Vince's like, but Heyman was responsible for the Lashley's sisters story, I believe, and other shitty storylines when he has been involved in creative. He does have a desire to push younger guys, but I think creatively, he's become out of touch and still stuck in that mid-90's ECW thinking.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Triple H - 52
Stephanie McMahon - 45
Nick Khan - Not sure
Bruce Prichard - 59(?)
Shawn Michaels - 57

The above names will probably be the new WWE brain trust, with Stephanie being the youngest at 45. They're all younger than Vince but is there any young blood being groomed for executive positions in that company?

I was going to make this a post about how with no one from younger generations in a position of power then WWE won't attract younger fans even though Vince is gone, then I remembered most of their fanbase is over 50 anyway so they'll be fine.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Triple H - 52
Stephanie McMahon - 45
Nick Khan - Not sure
Bruce Prichard - 59(?)
Shawn Michaels - 57

The above names will probably be the new WWE brain trust, with Stephanie being the youngest at 45. They're all younger than Vince but is there any young blood being groomed for executive positions in that company?

I was going to make this a post about how with no one from younger generations in a position of power then WWE won't attract younger fans even though Vince is gone, then I remembered most of their fanbase is over 50 anyway so they'll be fine.
DwqOlRBVsAA8VWZ.jpg

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
This is a lot of "ifs," but if HHH gets creative control, and is allowed to bring his own production crew, push who he wants, allows the wrestlers and commentators to speak naturally, and makes Raw/Smackdown into a big budget version of his NXT vision, then that would be a huge challenge for AEW. Because WWE would also have things AEW can never compete with, money and TV time.

Its going to take a long time for change like that to happen, so we'll see.

Oct 26, 2017
Can I just say? I love that, for years, people speculated that Vince was such an integral part of the company to Wall Street that Vince either dying or retiring would tank the stock.

24 hours after he announces his retirement and... it didn't move an inch. Like, if anything, it's up 0.5%.

I guess Wall Street aren't marks! (In this one, very specific instance, at least.)

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can I just say? I love that, for years, people speculated that Vince was such an integral part of the company to Wall Street that Vince either dying or retiring would tank the stock.

24 hours after he announces his retirement and... it didn't move an inch. Like, if anything, it's up 0.5%.

I guess Wall Street aren't marks! (In this one, very specific instance, at least.)

I don't know if you are joking or not....

But the announcement was intentionally made 10 minutes after the stock markets closed on Friday evening. The stock markets will remain closed over the weekend, and will only open on Monday morning.

The announcement timing stopped any panic trading on Friday, but only on Monday can people react

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if you are joking or not....

But the announcement was intentionally made 10 minutes after the stock markets closed on Friday evening. The stock markets will remain closed over the weekend, and will only open on Monday morning.

The announcement timing stopped any panic trading on Friday, but only on Monday can people react
Not joking. I guess I don't know enough about stock trading. I was going by Yahoo Finance. I don't link that to prove I'm right -- just to let you know where I got that idea. *shrug*

Edit: I see now the "as of close on July 22." I work in accounting, so I tend to work a day behind. 😋

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
People need to stop holding both Shane and Heyman up on a pedestal. While it could be him booking towards Vince's like, but Heyman was responsible for the Lashley's sisters story, I believe, and other shitty storylines when he has been involved in creative. He does have a desire to push younger guys, but I think creatively, he's become out of touch and still stuck in that mid-90's ECW thinking.
Lashley's sisters was in 2018. Heyman took over Raw in 2020.

Heyman's biggest idea when he was in charge was trying to have Aleister Black beat Lesnar at Mania before they went with Drew McIntyre.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018

View: https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1551570518263857154

WWE will revise financial statements going back to 2019, saying that a total of $14.6 million of "certain payments" that Vince McMahon made while chairman and CEO should have been recorded as expenses.

McMahon on Friday announced that he was retiring from WWE. That came fives weeks after he said he would be stepping down from his roles as chairman and CEO of WWE amid an ongoing investigation into allegations that he paid out millions of dollars to multiple women to keep quiet about alleged affairs and misconduct.

On Monday, WWE disclosed in an SEC filing that it "has made a preliminary determination that certain payments that Vince McMahon agreed to make during the period from 2006 through 2022 (including amounts paid and payable in the future), and that were not recorded in the WWE consolidated financial statements, should have been recorded as expenses in the quarters in which those agreements were made."

Those payments were or will be paid by McMahon personally, according to the company. WWE said while those were not material in any individual period, the aggregate amount of $14.6 million "would be material if recorded entirely in the second quarter of 2022." As such, the company currently anticipates that it will revise its previously issued financial statements to record McMahon's payments in the applicable periods for 2019, 2020 and 2021, as well as the first quarter of 2022, when it issues its financial statements for the second quarter of 2022.

Given that the payments McMahon made over the course of 16 years while leading company were not reflected in its financial statements, "the company expects to conclude that its internal control over financial reporting was not effective as a result of one or more material weaknesses."

variety.com

WWE to Revise Financial Statements to Account for Vince McMahon’s $14.6 Million in Personal Payments

WWE will revise financial reports back to 2019, saying Vince McMahon's $14.6 million in payments should have been recorded as expenses.

Last edited:

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
…can hush money be legally classified as a business expense?
probably, see the hockey controversy from that investigation happening now

"
The Globe investigation was first to report last week that Hockey Canada built a fund through player registration fees and used that money to settle sexual-assault lawsuits without exposing those cases to outside scrutiny, including from its insurance company.

This reserve was known on Hockey Canada's books as the National Equity Fund, and exceeded $15-million in recent years, the investigation found, though players and parents were never told how that money was utilized."

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, that explains why Vince dipped. Paying out hush money from the company bank account (and not declaring it to the SEC) is baaaaaaaad.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

WWE will revise financial statements going back to 2019, saying that a total of $14.6 million of "certain payments" that Vince McMahon made while chairman and CEO should have been recorded as expenses.

McMahon on Friday announced that he was retiring from WWE. That came fives weeks after he said he would be stepping down from his roles as chairman and CEO of WWE amid an ongoing investigation into allegations that he paid out millions of dollars to multiple women to keep quiet about alleged affairs and misconduct.

On Monday, WWE disclosed in an SEC filing that it "has made a preliminary determination that certain payments that Vince McMahon agreed to make during the period from 2006 through 2022 (including amounts paid and payable in the future), and that were not recorded in the WWE consolidated financial statements, should have been recorded as expenses in the quarters in which those agreements were made."

Those payments were or will be paid by McMahon personally, according to the company. WWE said while those were not material in any individual period, the aggregate amount of $14.6 million "would be material if recorded entirely in the second quarter of 2022." As such, the company currently anticipates that it will revise its previously issued financial statements to record McMahon's payments in the applicable periods for 2019, 2020 and 2021, as well as the first quarter of 2022, when it issues its financial statements for the second quarter of 2022.

Given that the payments McMahon made over the course of 16 years while leading company were not reflected in its financial statements, "the company expects to conclude that its internal control over financial reporting was not effective as a result of one or more material weaknesses."

variety.com

WWE to Revise Financial Statements to Account for Vince McMahon’s $14.6 Million in Personal Payments

WWE will revise financial reports back to 2019, saying Vince McMahon's $14.6 million in payments should have been recorded as expenses.

....and there is the explanation we were looking for as to why this happened with zero announcement last week.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Vince was dipping in that shareholder money. He's going after other rich people money now lol. The rich rarely job, but when its other rich folks, that booking gets real dicey

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
vince is proper fucked. carny ass fuck thought he could get away with this shit in a publicly traded company lmfao

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Rich people are totally cool with other rich people doing shady shit....until those rich people's monies are affected.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
He's still rich as fuck and likely won't face any real penalty.
oh for sure. and he's old as hell at this point. like none of this really matters until he's forced to sell, in which he gets billions as payout anyway.

at least vince keeps his corruption in-house and isn't in any real position of power politically.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
He's gone gone for this shit, for sure. Out of the carnies and into SEC violations. If Vince wasn't part of the financial elite he'd be risking jail time for this.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Vince fucking with company money was basically the only thing that would've forced him out, and he did it anyways.

Vince screwed Vince.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, while I doubt this results in direct punishment for McMahon he's likely out of the company for good and for real.

Adventure

May 7, 2021
Why fuck with company money like this when you're rich? Surely dude had millions laying around in his own banking account that he could've used.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Why fuck with company money like this when you're rich? Surely dude had millions laying around in his own banking account that he could've used.
People in positions like Vince typically don't want to just have ridiculous amounts of money, they want all the money.

Why spend millions on hush payments to your victims when you can get 'your' company to pay it instead? /s

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY

variety.com

Oh my God he did use company money to pay these women off.

Fucking prosecute the shit out of him. The Connecticut AG office needs to be on this.

Last edited:

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Rich people don't like just being rich, they like the power that comes with it. He had the power to do this and use company money to pay to make it go away...so he did. Why use his own money when company money was right there to give him that extra little oomph in being a scumbag? He got away with it for years and no doubt enjoyed that fact. He got to be rich, treat people like garbage, then wander out onto TV every so often to get the fans to cheer and kiss his ass.

It'd be so easy for rich people to not be scumbags, but a lot of them end up being that way, just endlessly shitting on and looking down on people.