• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Man, wtf is up with you guys.

I don't want my 5 and 7 year old exposed to explicit content while in a public place, so obviously I want people to starve and lose their homes? Y'all need a reality check.

You think playing this music over the loudspeakers is what is going to stop the shutdown? You think they're really going to change someone's mind? Nah. If you want to protest, protest. This is just being a jackass.
"I'm getting screwed, so fuck everybody else!" That sounds like such a backwards way of thinking.

Also you're screwing with the wrong person. That parent is paying taxes for your childish ass, it's the president and all the people surround him that are preventing you from getting that money.

For the record, I have a daughter and I don't want her to listen to that when she's young but I'd understand this situation. The problem is how you suddenly don't give a shit about other people because you're not getting paid. That's not how society works.
Playing bad words over the loud speaker is not protesting in any practical way.
Don't care. If you treat women like shit and boast about being a gangster, and I won't respect you. I like singing and I'm not prepared to devote a lot of my time to poets whose basic message seems to be that musicality is less important than a grotesque talent for boasting.

Yeah, I'm with you guys on this and the "rebuttals" from other folks haven't been convincing in the slightest. Most have just devolved into lame attempts at one-liner sarcasm with "lol" thrown in for good measure.

But unfortunately for us, criticizing the use of explicit rap music is an unforgivable offense here despite the rampant prevalence of misogyny and vulgarity that a lot of it champions. And yes, not all rap music is explicit by nature but most of the popular songs nowadays are, there's no denying that.

Go ahead and dogpile on me too, since evidently I'm a clueless idiot who doesn't know what I'm talking about. (And I fully expect someone to just quote that line out of context with a failed attempt at trying to be witty.)

You can always tell in threads like these who has kids and who doesn't.

Nailed it.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
oh man i got dog piled by childless angry internet addicted millennials, who would hurt anyone if they thought it would hurt Trump.

Feels good to be right. =D

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah, I'm with you guys on this and the "rebuttals" from other folks haven't been convincing in the slightest. Most have just devolved into lame attempts at one-liner sarcasm with "lol" thrown in for good measure.

But unfortunately for us, criticizing the use of explicit rap music is an unforgivable offense here despite the rampant prevalence of misogyny and vulgarity that a lot of it champions. And yes, not all rap music is explicit by nature but most of the popular songs nowadays are, there's no denying that.

Go ahead and dogpile on me too, since evidently I'm a clueless idiot who doesn't know what I'm talking about. (And I fully expect someone to just quote that line out of context with a failed attempt at trying to be witty.)

Nailed it.
The point is protest is supposed to be disruptive. Otherwise it's useless.

Also, you have a very simple solution. Earmuffs as some have suggested. You're showing more concern about some curse words or concepts a kid won't even understand anyway if heard vs someone lashing out any way they can because they don't know when they're getting paid next or if they'll be able to get food for their kid.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"Guys, rap music is women hating and it shouldn't be used for protest. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna ignore every other piece of popular media that also demeans women because.... lol. Also, I'm gonna ignore the fact that the President is a sexual assaulter because.... lol rap music though"

"Guys, rap music promote foul language. Now if you'll excuse, I'm gonna ignore every other piece of popular media that also used the 7 words you don't say on television because.... lol. Also I'm gonna ignore the fact that the children, the President, and possibly myself swear like a sail because.... lol rap music though"

"Oh and children are in interment camps, people aren't getting paid, and our sovereignty is probably compromised... BUT RAP MUSIC THOUGH!!!!"

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
You know, I can't help but feel this is actually a good way to protest.

As this thread proves, nothing seems to rile up apathetic white people more than the prospect of little Timmy hearing a little rap music.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To all the people worried about their children's innocence, there's an easy way to stop this (especially in Republican districts): just call up your representative and tell them you want the government reopened so Timmy and Tina don't have to hear the nasty words.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
That's . . . not cool. I understand that they're pissed, and they have every right to be. But I really don't want my little kids exposed to that.

It's one thing to protest, it's another to just not care about other people.

Yeah, but people are literally not being paid. So if I want to protest a stupid gov shutdown by blasting rap music then so be it. People's livelihoods are more important than your kids being exposed to the word "fuck"

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
You know, I can't help but feel this is actually a good way to protest.

As the thread proves, nothing seems to rile up apathetic white people more than the prospect of little Timmy hearing a little rap music.

Pray for the kids like Carl, Jimmy, Timmy, Chad, Brad, Nathan, Kyle, Brayden, Kayden, Becky, Betty, Logan, McKenzie, and Emma. They're the future of America, and do you really want the next generation to be only exposed to this CRAP:

Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang
Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang (Gucci gang!)
Spend ten racks on a new chain
My bitch love do cocaine, ooh
I fuck a bitch, I forgot her name

I can't buy a bitch no wedding ring

You're such a fuckin' ho, I love it (I love it)
You're such a fuckin' ho, I love it

Didn't think so.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Pray for the kids like Carl, Jimmy, Timmy, Chad, Brad, Nathan, Kyle, Brayden, Kayden, Becky, Betty, Logan, McKenzie, and Emma. They're the future of America, and do you really want the next generation to be only exposed to this CRAP:

Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang
Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang (Gucci gang!)
Spend ten racks on a new chain
My bitch love do cocaine, ooh
I fuck a bitch, I forgot her name

I can't buy a bitch no wedding ring

You're such a fuckin' ho, I love it

Didn't think so.
Considering the current state of the US and the kind of music the people listened, it can't possibly be worse.
What are they going to do? Jail and kill kids at the border?

Oct 25, 2017
oh man i got dog piled by childless angry internet addicted millennials, who would hurt anyone if they thought it would hurt Trump.

You could try actually responding to any of them with a rational thought. Maybe do some self reflection.

But you're (ironically) too busy being in your feelings, I guess.

You sound not much older than those kids you think are being corrupted by naughty words. Or maybe you're just as naive and are projecting.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Next person to call this forum a hivemind deserves to get the shit slapped out of them. Can't agree on one fucking thing on this forum.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Don't like people playing angry loud blasphemous rap music call your rep and get these people paid

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Yeah, this is obvious. I'm as anti-Trump as anyone here, but I think the toxicity has reached a boiling point and people automatically 100% agree with anything anti-Trump before weighing the pros and cons, like this "protest".

The point is protest is supposed to be disruptive. Otherwise it's useless.

Also, you have a very simple solution. Earmuffs as some have suggested. You're showing more concern about some curse words or concepts a kid won't even understand anyway if heard vs someone lashing out any way they can because they don't know when they're getting paid next or if they'll be able to get food for their kid.

There are other ways to effectively protest though. What would be the disciplinary measures taken if these workers were to just not show up to their jobs the next day, versus blasting explicit rap songs? Genuinely curious here. Because I guarantee one of those options would prove vastly more effective than the other, if they're able to retain their jobs when this whole shutdown fiasco is over.

so you aren't interested in doing your job as a parent?

also at two years old I doubt your kid can even ascertain the words "fuck" or "bitch" from any other word

Good job insulting the intelligence of his kid. Toddlers are smart cookies. They pick up on this stuff faster than you'd think.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah, this is obvious. I'm as anti-Trump as anyone here, but I think the toxicity has reached a boiling point and people automatically 100% agree with anything anti-Trump before weighing the pros and cons, like this "protest".

There are other ways to effectively protest though. What would be the disciplinary measures taken if these workers were to just not show up to their jobs the next day, versus blasting explicit rap songs? Genuinely curious here. Because I guarantee one of those options would prove vastly more effective than the other, if they're able to retain their jobs when this whole shutdown fiasco is over.

Good job insulting the intelligence of his kid. Toddlers are smart cookies. They pick up on this stuff faster than you'd think.
It's illegal for federal workers to strike. They can be fired and also banned from working in a federal capacity indefinitely.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Nah, man, you're just okay with Trump actually hurting children via them being unable to get food if it means a few middle class brats don't hear a curse word, while we all realize that little Bobby hearing "fuck" isn't a big deal in the slightest if it helps spread knowledge of who this shutdown is effecting.

Like seriously, you cannot legitimately tell me hearing maybe a half hour worth of rap songs (which probably aren't all legible to the typical kind of child who has a parent that'd clutch their pearls) is going to irreversibly steal a child's innocence away. Curses aren't magic words that sap innocent child magic from kids' bodies or something.

Also lol at the idea that I'm so anti-Trump I want to "hurt" people. I thought his serving burgers to that one sports team he invited was brilliant, as much as I hate the man.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Toxicity lmao.

Kids hearing rap music is toxicity over people being forced to work without pay. Hahahaha

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
What would be the disciplinary measures taken if these workers were to just not show up to their jobs the next day, versus blasting explicit rap songs? Genuinely curious here.
They're federal workers? They could get fired and banned from holding government jobs again. They're kinda out of protesting options here.

Oct 25, 2017
"Protest the way I want you to." Also, this is "anti-needless-shut-down-thats-hurting-people-more-than-cuss-words-ever-could", but I guess you can wrap it up as "anti-Trump" if it helps get your point across.

They get fired. They're not allowed to strike. Reagan made an example of them before.

If they're that smart, then they'll also pick up on you telling them not to say bad words... which you will inevitably have to do at some point in their childhood before they grow up and use those words anyway.

Last edited: