Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
If they're that smart, then they'll also pick up on you telling them not to say bad words... which you will inevitably have to do at some point in their childhood before they grow up and use those words anyway.

Parent be too lazy to do that, better go ballistic and ask to see the airports manager

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how that follows? Here's my thinking:

1. Air traffic controllers all "come down with the flu"
2. Air travel is essentially shut down nationwide
3. Immediate economic and social unrest forces Trump to capitulate or Senate GOP to vote through spending bill
4. Government reopens, air traffic controllers come back to work

Essentially: let the consequences happen sooner so action is taken sooner. It will be worse to let the shutdown drag on for months while people try to scrape by
#3 is interrupted by Trump signing an executive order mandating that the Air Force and Navy take over air traffic control centers at understaffed airports, effectively delaying the speed at which your #3 and #4 occur until the DoD itself starts to run out of money. So the potential for it to drag on for months is there anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Parent be too lazy to do that, better go ballistic and ask to see the airports manager

JUST.

My nephew said 'damn' once.

I turned off his game and made it clear I did so because he said 'damn,' and that he wasn't allowed to say that.

Guess what he never said again?

And I'm not even his mother.

But oh no the rap! The rap is the issue!

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Yeah, this is obvious. I'm as anti-Trump as anyone here, but I think the toxicity has reached a boiling point and people automatically 100% agree with anything anti-Trump before weighing the pros and cons, like this "protest".

"Pros and Cons"

It's rap music. They're not projecting Cannibal Holocaust up on the big screen.

The idea that this is somehow going traumatize and scar children is absurd. No child is going to be harmed because they barely heard the word "fuck" in an airport that one time.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's . . . not cool. I understand that they're pissed, and they have every right to be. But I really don't want my little kids exposed to that.

It's one thing to protest, it's another to just not care about other people.
oh NO! Your kids will get exposed to naughty words by people who are being denied self-sustenance! Whatever shall you do?!

SMH at the bolded. Talk about tone deaf

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, this is obvious. I'm as anti-Trump as anyone here, but I think the toxicity has reached a boiling point and people automatically 100% agree with anything anti-Trump before weighing the pros and cons, like this "protest".

There are other ways to effectively protest though.

Peak white moderatism. And if you're neither white or moderate, you sure sound like one that MLK warned about.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People upset about children hearing curse words should voice their concerns to TSA managers and supervisory staff.

I'm sure the complaints will be well received and addressed in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.

By playing Pacs intro verse on Hit Em Up on loop.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like some of the people in this thread to give me an example of a successful protest they liked that didn't make anyone uncomfortable.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why do parents always have to act all high and mighty like having kids makes them some pillar of society whose opinions and standards should be heard by all the unwashed masses? We get it, you're upset you don't have any free time anymore because you can't figure out a condom.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#3 is interrupted by Trump signing an executive order mandating that the Air Force and Navy take over air traffic control centers at understaffed airports, effectively delaying the speed at which your #3 and #4 occur until the DoD itself starts to run out of money. So the potential for it to drag on for months is there anyway.
Someone did the math, and the military doesn't have the personnel to handle 10% of the civilian ATC workload.

Oct 27, 2017
Man, wtf is up with you guys.

I don't want my 5 and 7 year old exposed to explicit content while in a public place, so obviously I want people to starve and lose their homes? Y'all need a reality check.

You think playing this music over the loudspeakers is what is going to stop the shutdown? You think they're really going to change someone's mind? Nah. If you want to protest, protest. This is just being a jackass.

Let them have fun at the job they aren't being paid to do. Nobody gives a shit about your kids in this situation.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
People upset about children hearing curse words should voice their concerns to TSA managers and supervisory staff.

I'm sure the complaints will be well received and addressed in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.

By playing Pacs intro verse on Hit Em Up on loop.
tenor.gif

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Oh no, kids hearing words? Whatever will we do.

A 5 year old won't understand the context or meaning of the word, and just be like "Oh it's another word"

A 7 year old guaranteed knows that word already, does nobody remember being a kid on the playground finding out all the "bad" words?

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Lol. That's quite a stretch of logic there.

Hoo boy. You don't know lick about kids huh?
Show me any kid that knows what "fuck" is or how it would be any different than i dunno "car" or "table".

When I was about four or five I watched some western movie that my dad was watching on the TV where a guy said "bastard". I didn't know what it meant or what it even was, just some cowboy saying bastard. Went to daycare or whatever the next day and yelled it at some kid, which prompted the caretaker to pull me aside and tell me not to say that. Of course they also told my mom who had to further explain why I shouldn't be saying this word. That's what you do with curse words.

Gestalt

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
Trump or anti trump I don't give a fuck, this is sick. I'd love for airports to play uncensored versions of tracks and have the workers pick the music in every business year round. But the children! Baaaaw god forbid we have some levity around here.

CorKas64

Oct 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I love this. Our friends and family get sick and die and a whole host of other more important issues than a few words. If it's directed at you fine, fight back but otherwise why fucking care with that shit. I mean damn. Bastards.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind bad language in front of my kid for this, but kids repeat what they hear. Your gonna have little white kids throwing around the N word hearing it though. Happened with my 5 year old niece a few a party once. Shit for weird

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
LOL! Not giving a snizz-racket at its most blatant but in the same time...

It's hard not to blame unaffiliated parents for being upset about it, of course they're going to be upset. Not all, but not a little either, because this is not 'acceptable' -- this is a subversive result of a very distressing time, and many people will feel the effects of that, and in this case, it's a mostly negative one. Parents want to regulate their children's content control, of which stuff like hip-hop and rap are still a regular target, just as much as unpaid public sector workers are struggling to stay by the book when the book is punching them in the face, even when some things come from understandable motivations, not everyone will agree with the means of backlash/flippancy.

That's what makes it controversial, particularly since the one thing withholding this show of disregard from these TSA hip-hop DJs was proper compensation to begin with. If they're being paid to be, in extension, constantly mindful of the security and comfort of the people and their requisites, showcasing the opposite of that is natural if that incentive (and basis for the laborer in any economic agreement) is taken away -- which, naturally, may be at least a little harmful, because neglecting their duties is equivalent to neglecting people who don't want anything to do with it.

But this is not some cold call. People are upset, from numerous sides.... and they should and will be..!

For those who are fine with this, the issue at hand is the fact that this is happening at all, and the ones culpable for the seeds.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
LOL! Not giving a snizz-racket at its most blatant but in the same time...

It's hard not to blame unaffiliated parents for being upset about it, of course they're going to be upset. Not all, but not a little either, because this is not 'acceptable' -- this is a subversive result of a very distressing time, and many people will feel the effects of that, and in this case, it's a mostly negative one. Parents want to regulate their children's content control, of which stuff like hip-hop and rap are still a regular target, just as much as unpaid public sector workers are struggling to stay by the book when the book is punching them in the face, even when some things come from understandable motivations, not everyone will agree with the means of backlash/flippancy.

That's what makes it controversial, particularly since the one thing withholding this show of disregard from these TSA hip-hop DJs was proper compensation to begin with. If they're being paid to be, in extension, constantly mindful of the security and comfort of the people and their requisites, showcasing the opposite of that is natural if that payment is taken away -- which, naturally, may be at least a little harmful, because neglecting their duties is equivalent to neglecting people who don't want anything to do with it.

But this is not some cold call. People are upset, from numerous sides.... and they should be..!

For those who are fine with this, the issue at hand is the fact that this is happening at all, and the ones culpable for the seeds.
Then the people who don't want anything to do with it, should do something to convince the government to not be shutdown for almost a month.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
It's illegal for federal workers to strike. They can be fired and also banned from working in a federal capacity indefinitely.
They're federal workers? They could get fired and banned from holding government jobs again. They're kinda out of protesting options here.
They get fired. They're not allowed to strike. Reagan made an example of them before.

Thanks for the clarification, guys.

So then if they're mandated to show up to their jobs, what's stopping them from showing up and putting in the bare minimum of effort as a sign of protest? Not that I'd ever wish for that to happen of course; just wondering what the repercussions would be for that.

If they're that smart, then they'll also pick up on you telling them not to say bad words... which you will inevitably have to do at some point in their childhood before they grow up and use those words anyway.

Lots of parents would prefer to avoid having that discussion with a toddler if at all possible and wait until they're exposed to it when they're older. When they're that young, there's much more supervision involved and control of their environment is easier to regulate to prevent them from hearing things that they shouldn't be hearing. Then suddenly they're a captive audience at an airport where explicit music is inescapable unless the parents happen to have a pair of headphones that their kids can wear to drown it out.

It's a lose/lose for both parties for sure. :/

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Show me any kid that knows what "fuck" is or how it would be any different than i dunno "car" or "table".

When I was about four or five I watched some western movie that my dad was watching on the TV where a guy said "bastard". I didn't know what it meant or what it even was, just some cowboy saying bastard. Went to daycare or whatever the next day and yelled it at some kid, which prompted the caretaker to pull me aside and tell me not to say that. Of course they also told my mom who had to further explain why I shouldn't be saying this word. That's what you do with curse words.

Thanks for the parenting lesson. I'm certain my happy, healthy and well behaved children will be thrilled dad got schooled on how to do it better by someone on the internet tonight.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Thanks for the clarification, guys.

So then if they're mandated to show up to their jobs, what's stopping them from showing up and putting in the bare minimum of effort as a sign of protest? Not that I'd ever wish for that to happen of course; just wondering what the repercussions would be for that.
They're already doing that, most are calling in sick, and the ones that are going in, are listening to their music and doing the bare minimum.

The repercussions are they get fired, but it's been almost a month, so I doubt they really care at this point.

Lots of parents would prefer to avoid having that discussion with a toddler if at all possible and wait until they're exposed to it when they're older. When they're that young, there's much more supervision involved and control of their environment is easier to regulate to prevent them from hearing things that they shouldn't be hearing. Then suddenly they're a captive audience at an airport where explicit music is inescapable unless the parents happen to have a pair of headphones that their kids can wear to drown it out.

It's a lose/lose for both parties for sure. :/
They're just words, talk to your kids.

Ronin

Oct 25, 2017
Man, wtf is up with you guys.

I don't want my 5 and 7 year old exposed to explicit content while in a public place, so obviously I want people to starve and lose their homes? Y'all need a reality check.

You think playing this music over the loudspeakers is what is going to stop the shutdown? You think they're really going to change someone's mind? Nah. If you want to protest, protest. This is just being a jackass.
Your kids probably hear all kinds of shit from other kids at school or on the playground. And most of the lyrics to these songs will probably go over their heads anyway.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Protesting is not convenient. Never has been, never will be. Don't like it? Well, I mean, that's kind of the point.

You can either a) get mad about it and scream impotently at whoever will listen, b) actively attack the people protesting because you disagree with the protest, or c) understand why they're protesting and try to get it changed someway or somehow because you're likely the majority and can actually influence things if you actively gave a fuck about people struggling for X reason.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... what's the TSA going to do? Withold pay? Fire them? I mean... they'll still have to pay the back pay when the government is funded soooooo....

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I would like some of the people in this thread to give me an example of a successful protest they liked that didn't make anyone uncomfortable.

Honestly, it did make people uncomfortabke, but because they were uncomfortable showed how unreasonable they were: the kneeling at the anthem. There was absolutely no harm in it. And it upset the right people, the people that needed to be outed for their not caring. A good protest does not upset anyone, it upsets the right people. And makes them act out and show their true colors to everyone else.

While I don't really care that the tsa people play rap, I do get annoyed at the idea that just pissing anyone off is productive as a protest. You don't want to piss off the people you are trying to convince. You want to piss off the people you are against. But in a way that shows you as innocent and makes them show their true colors. You basically want to do a good job of trolling them.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Honestly, it did make people uncomfortabke, but because they were uncomfortable showed how unreasonable they were: the kneeling at the anthem. There was absolutely no harm in it. And it upset the right people, the people that needed to be outed for their not caring. A good protest does not upset anyone, it upsets the right people. And makes them act out and show their true colors to everyone else.

While I don't really care that the tsa people play rap, I do get annoyed at the idea that just pissing anyone off is productive as a protest. You don't want to piss off the people you are trying to convince. You want to piss off the people you are against. But in a way that shows you as innocent and makes them show their true colors. You basically want to do a good job of trolling them.

Kneeling at the anthem was not a successful protest.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
People talked about it, and talked about it a lot more than if they didn't kneel.

I'd say that's pretty successful.

Talking about something does not make it successful. People talked about Occupy Wall Street a lot too.

Successful protests lead to a new paradigm, in a sense. That certainly didn't happen in the NFL.

Oct 25, 2017
Only somewhat dissatisfied with living in a country where a inbred dipshit froze out federal workers, but those workers staging loud protest with rap- oh nooooooooooooo.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
They're already doing that, most are calling in sick, and the ones that are going in, are listening to their music and doing the bare minimum.

The repercussions are they get fired, but it's been almost a month, so I doubt they really care at this point.

So, again, why show up at all if they're inevitably on the chopping block for their behavior now? The best protest would be to abandon ship and look for new jobs elsewhere, since there's no telling when this government shutdown will end and these folks need money to survive.

I'm totally on the workers' side on this issue but I doubt pumping rap music is going to change anything.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
So, again, why show up at all if they're inevitably on the chopping block for their behavior now? The best protest would be to abandon ship and look for new jobs elsewhere, since there's no telling when this government shutdown will end and these folks need money to survive.

I'm totally on the workers' side on this issue but I doubt pumping rap music is going to change anything.
Because they still get backpay if they're there when it ends. even if they get fired after.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, you gotta start somewhere, right?

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Reagan fired 11,000 ATC workers in 1981. That Republican did it, so you can bet your current Republican won't hesitate to as well. You can only phone in sick so many times before the firings start.
It friggin' sucks. Working without pay is ridiculous so I can only imagine how bad it is getting now. Nothing is getting done, people are pissed, and there is no end in sight to Trump's shutdown. You picked a real winner there.