LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Not the "clean" versions you hear on the radio that censor words

I don't listen to the radio. I remember watching some rap videos, around 2004, in which numerous rappers used highly gendered slurs, and referred to themselves as pimps with evident pride. I stopped listening to rap, it was too blatantly toxic to sustain.

So how did it go for you?

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's . . . not cool. I understand that they're pissed, and they have every right to be. But I really don't want my little kids exposed to that.

It's one thing to protest, it's another to just not care about other people.
I mean.... I get you have kids, but do you really think that your kids don't listen to this stuff at school with their friends?

Your kids are likely the in the Fortnite generation. They're dancing the dances in these rap videos lol.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
I was unaware the TSA controlled the radio at airports.
That's . . . not cool. I understand that they're pissed, and they have every right to be. But I really don't want my little kids exposed to that.

Your kids will survive a little naughty language. But fair warning if you take them to the airport to have them wear earmuffs. I'd rather these TSA people protest and blow off a little steam this way than by not doing their jobs or quitting.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Their kids are probably starving to death because they haven't been paid in 25 days

Who cares about your goddamn kids

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I've been reading, they would be fired and others will get their job when the shutdown ends.
This is so wrong. The US is so broken.
It would take them forever as they would have to hire new people, train them (who would even train them if you're firing everyone) and that's too much time the airlines would be losing money.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't listen to the radio. I remember watching some rap videos, around 2004, in which numerous rappers used highly gendered slurs, and referred to themselves as pimps with evident pride. I stopped listening to rap, it was too blatantly toxic to sustain.

giphy.gif

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017

Their kids are probably going to be homeless soon but it's ok as long your kids don't hear cussing I guess.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I AM > I WAS ON REPEAT FOR THE MASSES TO HEAR

shiiieet

lmaoo if I was working without pay I wouldn't give a hint of a fuck what little kids hear.

Fuck you pay me

"I'm getting screwed, so fuck everybody else!" That sounds like such a backwards way of thinking.

Also you're screwing with the wrong person. That parent is paying taxes for your childish ass, it's the president and all the people surround him that are preventing you from getting that money.

For the record, I have a daughter and I don't want her to listen to that when she's young but I'd understand this situation. The problem is how you suddenly don't give a shit about other people because you're not getting paid. That's not how society works.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

oh no jimmy might hear fuck

way more important than people possibly getting evicted and having their credit fucked up

I bet you were also angry your football games were being disrupted

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

How fast do you cross the street when Black guys are approaching you?

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

totally fine, because i'm a well-adjusted adult who can consume media without falling to the floor, pearls firmly clutched, as the result of catching the vapors because a black guy said some dirty words

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis

My kids have parents who get paid to work. These saints coming to a shit job not knowing when they'll get paid can play whatever the fuck they want.

Zonar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona, USA

Protesting and being convenient for others is incompatible. It should make people uncomfortable. Kids hearing cuss words won't drive them to suicide but it will make the parents uncomfortable. At most kids hearing cuss words will repeat the words. So what. More than likely they won't even remember it. I say be disruptive as possible without physical violence. So yes there's a lot of things I'm game for in the spirit of protest.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
"I'm getting screwed, so fuck everybody else!" That sounds like such a backwards way of thinking.

Also you're screwing with the wrong person. That parent is paying taxes for your childish ass, it's the president and all the people surround him that are preventing you from getting that money.

For the record, I have a daughter and I don't want her to listen to that when she's young but I'd understand this situation. The problem is how you suddenly don't give a shit about other people because you're not getting paid. That's not how society works.

It's a protest you aren't supposed to like it

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

it's a protest. they'd still inconvenience people if they just left their jobs. at least this way people are still getting on planes. the things children, who aren't even their's, hear is the least of their concerns.

You aren't supposed to like it.

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017
Man, wtf is up with you guys.

I don't want my 5 and 7 year old exposed to explicit content while in a public place, so obviously I want people to starve and lose their homes? Y'all need a reality check.

You think playing this music over the loudspeakers is what is going to stop the shutdown? You think they're really going to change someone's mind? Nah. If you want to protest, protest. This is just being a jackass.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
guys this is awesome and all but i really think playing Paramore and Drake cuz you can get away with it cuz no one gives a fuck cuz no one is getting paid is stretching the term 'protest' a bit much

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
From what I've been reading, they would be fired and others will get their job when the shutdown ends.
This is so wrong. The US is so broken.
That threat is toothless. When Reagan did it the government was paying the replacements. They can't get replacements if they aren't paid....unless they are terrorists, infiltrators, and criminals of more mundane variety, like drug dealers and human traffickers.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
It's a protest you aren't supposed to like it
The people you need listening to you the most aren't at that airport most likely.
I understand how protests go, and again, I would also be ok with this happening. The only thing I said is that the mentality of "I'm not getting paid, fuck your kids" is weird. As in, literally stating that out loud. If it happens as a side effect, eh...

Also playing rap music is a dumb protest imo, but hey (and I do like rap, never mind that). Not showing up at work would be one hell of a better protest and get the point across faster.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017

"Please protest here in this corner so it doesn't inconvenience me"

lol

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

I know bait when I see it.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, wtf is up with you guys.

I don't want my 5 and 7 year old exposed to explicit content while in a public place, so obviously I want people to starve and lose their homes? Y'all need a reality check.

You think playing this music over the loudspeakers is what is going to stop the shutdown? You think they're really going to change someone's mind? Nah. If you want to protest, protest. This is just being a jackass.
lol

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
The people you need listening to you the most aren't at that airport most likely.
I understand how protests go, and again, I would also be ok with this happening. The only thing I said is that the mentality of "I'm not getting paid, fuck your kids" is weird. As in, literally stating that out loud. If it happens as a side effect, eh...

The protest is designed to inconvenience everyone. If the shutdown continues, you're going to see more and more of it.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, just let the weird dude at work control the aux and this whole shutdown will be wrapped up in a couple days.

Let's see how the common folk enjoy the musical stylings of Merzbow and Sunn O))).