• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I mean sure, there are definitely smaller towns that are objectively worse. However, if the larger cities in GA, what does Macon have to offer?
Augusta has the riverfront and the golf course, Athens has UGA and the music scene there, Columbus is pretty boring (I think it's got some manufacturing close to there? Idk lol, it's pretty damn quiet over there but I digress)
Savannah is self explanatory as is Atlanta duh.
What does Macon offer? It feels like a more depressing version of Orlando with none of the theme parks and sprawl for miles and miles. Ive never had a good time there, ever lol
Macon is easily the worst city worth mentioning in GA and I stand by that.
Oh yeah as a place to do shit yeah it is a nothing place. Especially when Athens and Atlanta are literally up the street

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Orlando is correct. But there's Pine Hills.

Well I guess every part of Orange County is Orlando

Do you live in Orlando? What's so bad about it? Haven't lived in Florida for 14 years now, but I'm originally from the Daytona area and I fucking loved Orlando. My parents are still there and every time I visit we always spend several days doing the parks or Winter Park shopping, etc.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
Lol @ Birmingham. That's like... objectively wrong. Not even opinion wise. Like an abject truth. It's pretty much the only non-depressing city in the state.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando is cookie cutter but nowhere close to the worst city in Florida.

Ocala, Lakeland, Panama City, etc all exist and are much worse.

Hell I would even include the "college towns" of Gainesville and Tallahassee as worse because outside of the universities there is literally nothing going on there and just lots of crime.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Mesa is such a weird fucking pick. Like, there's literally nothing noteworthy about it whatsoever, positive or negative. It's a city of 500,000 people that can literally be described as "it exists". I can only guess there were too few data points for AZ and it got in by random chance due to poor sampling.

Last edited:

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
You could extend Mesa to the greater Phoenix area and still be right.

Really though it's probably Yuma or something similar.
Nah. Phoenix and Tempe are pretty awesome. Don't know about the rest of the suburbs not mentioned, except Scottsdale doesn't like non-white people so that would be high on the list.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Agree with the folks saying Binghamton earlier. It's definitely getting a lot better than it used to be. But still, every time I return home to visit, I'm reminded how bleak it can be.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Texas is 100% correct. A bunch of 50k a year millionaires that like the smell of their own farts. Fuck Dallas

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Pueblo's a solid pick for Colorado. Wouldn't argue against Fort Morgan or Grand Junction, though, both of which I've heard mentioned as the worst cities in CO.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
How the fuck is Jacksonville not the city for Florida!? As someone who's parents retired down there, I fucking hate visiting them. I'm here now for the holiday, and I can't wait to get the hell out. Jacksonville is so shitty.

PA should be Reading, that place is horrible.

Also, wtf is Poolsville for MD? I was born and raised in MD and never heard of Poolsville.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I knew it would be Bridgeport when I saw the thread title. I personally think Hartford is worse.
Hartford at least has decent adjacent towns like West Hartford, Avon, and Farmington. Won't lie, Hartford is an absolute dumpster fire, and I make sure to get out of city limits asap when visiting my parents. Posted from Avon CT.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I feel more comfortable in Bpt than I do other places in CT, but that could just been because I've spent more time there.

Also I've gone to some great parties in Worchester.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Scranton isn't particularly defensible, but at the same time, I feel like it got a big push from The Office

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Checks Texas... eh, sure.

Checks Minnesota... Edina??? WTF. That's objectively one of the nicest areas of the Twin Cities Metro. Very upscale and usually wins "best of" awards for livability and all that noise. There are hundreds of other awful, downtrodden, drug ridden, depressing hellholes all throughout rural MN that would make more sense.

people from Edina are all a bunch of fake ass cake eaters. I don't take issue with the assessment.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Jefferson City for Missouri... kind of makes sense. Jeff City fucking sucks.

But to be honest, you can probably find some worse cities in Southeast Missouri easily. Like, Kennett, MO for example is an absolute dumpster fire

blomby

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Scranton beating out Erie is wild.

Gold Canyon is way worse than Mesa. Mesa at least is part of the city proper and not Apache Junction's gnarly finger.

Pueblo is spot on though. No complaints there.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Eh. You can do worse than Jeff City. I'd say Springfield is leagues shittier due to Greene County.

Cairo is an absolute shithole everytime I drive through it. I just went through today and the fact that the city put up Christmas decorations around all the dilapidated buildings was fucking hilariously sad.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Mesa is boring but not the worst. Spokane for Washington makes sense though.
Mesa is such a weird fucking pick. Like, there's literally nothing noteworthy about it whatsoever, positive or negative. It's a city of 500,000 people that can literally be described as "it exists". I can only guess there were too few data points for AZ and it got in by random choice.

Yeah I don't understand the Mesa choice when you have Buckeye and AJ as options.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I feel like Utah's should be Green River. Apart from actually getting in the river, that place is sad.

Colorado is possibly correct. Pueblo isn't the most interesting city. I think it'll be better in a few years. Stopped by on a roadtrip a couple months ago, and the riverfront area is actually quite nice... but that's also the only nice part. I'm sure there is a worse one, though... like Walsenburg or something.
Pueblo's a solid pick for Colorado. Wouldn't argue against Fort Morgan or Grand Junction, though, both of which I've heard mentioned as the worst cities in CO.
Those would also be fair. Or Montrose.

Last edited:

gblues

Oct 25, 2017
Tigard, OR
Caldwell? Really?

Lived there for about a decade. It's not great, but it's ... fine. But not the worst. For that, you have Nampa or Emmett. Or, like, Coeur d'Alene and environs (huge white supremacist contingency)

on the plus side... someone noticed Caldwell.

🤷‍♂️

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Panama City exists...

Yeah, I dislike both Orlando and Jacksonville plenty but Panama City is actually an all around terrible place
with basically no redeeming qualities.

Not too sure about Lexington for Kentucky either. The town I was born in, Paducah, seems a hell of a lot worse than Lexington from my visits there!

machine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm from Flint, Michigan. As long as Saginaw (Sag-nasty) exists, Flint will never be the worst city in my state.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Is Albany really that detested in New York? I always felt there were a lot worse cities on most fronts. Albany just felt uninteresting.

Paper Wario

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Truly impressive display of people who love to argue about things they disagree with when there are over 200 posts and counting around a "worst" list with no sourcing other than a random Instagram account's followers

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Oh wait I just noticed Birmingham for Alabama as well.
Nah, it is absolutely Mobile unless that place has miraculously improved over the decades.
Easily the worst city I have ever lived in.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Lol my home city in Virginia. Not even half as bad as Chesapeake or Norfolk and ten times better than Portsmouth or Newport News but it tickles me that it made it to the top.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Caldwell? Really?

Lived there for about a decade. It's not great, but it's ... fine. But not the worst. For that, you have Nampa or Emmett. Or, like, Coeur d'Alene and environs (huge white supremacist contingency)

on the plus side... someone noticed Caldwell.

🤷‍♂️
Came here to basically say this. I would've gone with Payette, Pocatello, Mountain Home, or Weiser before even considering Caldwell personally. Coeur d'Alene is a white supremacist nightmare, but at last it's pretty up there?