• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your choice?

• Play at launch on Pro

Votes: 700 47.6%
  • Play at launch on Slim/OG

Votes: 353 24.0%
  • Wait until PS5 and play it on that

Votes: 419 28.5%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
It's more that I'm enjoying my backlog at the moment and don't really want to spend any money on games. I also hope that I'll be able to grab a PS5 at launch and it'll be nice to have a couple of new shiny games that I'm guaranteed to be able to play on it, in addition to hopefully seeing some visual/performance improvements.

Twelvy

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
I don't have a PS4 Pro so I'm waiting for the PS5 + 4K HDR TV to play all the end of gen games. I can easily wait with my backlog and my switch.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
To the people playing at launch on Pro: How are you getting around the noise issue?

Are yours just miraculously quiet when playing high-intensity games or are you just wearing headphones or something?

I wish there was a way for me to mitigate it but I can't use headphones (I've sworn off using those for long sessions) and i don't really think I can reduce the noise levels myself.
It gets loud sometimes but nothing I need to "get around".
I have the spidey pro and it's never been loud enough to bother me at all. And sure headphones is a nice way to block out noise if you game room is super quiet.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting on a good deal for a Pro before Tsushima since I don't plan on getting a PS5 for a year so I will be playing it day one.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll play both at launch but I can''t lie, there's a part of me that wishes I could wait.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
These two games are basically the only PS4 games left that I'm looking forward to until summer's end, so yeah, I'm playing them at launch.

I original thought I might way and just play PC stuff all summer, but playing FF7 Remake on the Pro still looked great, and 30fps didn't bug me.

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Horizon made my Pro turn into a jet engine, I can only imagine what LoU2 will do to it. Might actually die trying to play it since I've had some hard lockups playing Horizon and Spider-Man recently.

Oct 29, 2017
USA
Cyberpunk 2077 is my "wait for PS5 version" game. These two? Hell no am I going to wait. Especially with TLOU2 ever since the leaks. I've been mostly successful dodging spoilers but I don't want to test that luck after the game's release.

Nov 8, 2017
Depends on what else the PS5 has to offer and if I get one. Though for these two games in particular I might not play either at any point.

Ockui

Oct 28, 2017
TLOU part 1 greatly interested me at launch but I never owned a PS3 so I waited an odd 6 years to play it.
I even avoided spoilers for that long.

I think I can wait for both Ghosts and TLOU 2 on the PS5 Pro.
I have a massive backlog and I'm trying not to buy games at launch anymore.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
a ps5 has to sell me on ps5 games, not ps4 games

ive got a ps4, i'll play them on my ps4, and IF i get a ps5 then i'll replay them later on the ps5

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Day one on Pro. We don't even have any confirmation of if PS5 enhancements will be available at launch.

Raggen

Oct 7, 2019
Playing TLOU2 on launch day, GOS if it seems like a good game. I do think I'll wait for the next generation to play Cyberpunk.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Already preordered TLOU2 and will preorder GoT soon. I'm stuck with my original PS4 since I didn't feel the need to upgrade to the Pro back then, and doing so now would be nonsense to me. I know for other games like Cyberpunk I will, instead, play on PC. I might replay a bit of those on PS5 just to check the visuals, though.
Do we know if we'll be able to just put the discs on the PS5 and have them run at Pro settings or better?

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Playing it on PS4 Pro at launch to get a jump on the story. I can worry about the PS5 visual bump later. Not incredibly interested in GoT right now, so I can wait.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Waiting to play them on PS5. I've got more than enough games in my back log to keep me occupied until then. I also rarely buy games at launch too.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
TLoU2 day one on my OG PS4
I loved TLoU with all its flaws on PS3.

I'm mostly a PC Gamer, but I'm fine with all the potential issues of a closed hardware pushed to its limits. It's part of the charm of consoles.

Last edited:

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
No dilemma here for me. I want to play it as soon as possible so PS4 Pro then. Graphics looks good on PS4 and there isn't a PS5 (version) when the game comes out... so at release on PS4 Pro it is.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Playing TLOU2 day one on my Pro.

I use the Gold headset so fan noise isn't a concern, I'll probably end up playing it again on PS5 too.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
This is an easy question to answer. Play them on the system they were made for, PS4. If they were coming out on both at the same time then sure, play it on PS5, but when there's several months in between and the game was made for PS4 and so will run as intended on PS4, then play it on PS4.

The real question is Cyberpunk, since it was made for PC and is a lot closer to next gen launch.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I would like to actually hear the game audio or play the games at night, and that more than likely will not be possible with my PS4 Pro considering how so many games turn it into a damn jet engine. I mean maybe I will play them, but I would like to be respectful to my family at the same time

flobber

Nov 1, 2019
Day one for TLOU2 on slim PS4 for me. Life's too short to be waiting around to play the games I want to play the most.

Not sure about Ghost yet, need more detail about the game and may get Paper Mario instead.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not buying PS5 until it gets exclusives specifically made for the PS5 so ill play at launch. A little better performance and load times isn't enough to make me wait.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm definitely getting TLOU2 at launch and playing now on a Pro. Ghost of Tsushima depends on how it reviews, but I will probably get it since there's a pretty severe drought this year of games that appeal to me.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I expect there will be shitton of nice games to play this fall/winter so I wouldn't have the time for Tsushima or TLOU2 :P

Frag Waffles

Apr 7, 2018
If I highly anticipate playing a game, like TLOU2, I'm not going to wait, especially when we have no confirmation that there will be any benefit to playing these on PS5.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there's a chance of me missing Last of Us 2. Then some day the PS5 version can be a nice enhanced replay when it's on sale (in case it won't be cross buy). As for Ghost, I don't really know yet. Due to its generic open worldness I was planning on waiting anyway like I did with Horizon. But that might still mean PS4 cause I'm not sure when I'll even move on to PS5, my backlog is huge and the sales will only get better.