• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiGS

Jan 28, 2020
I hope they have a new fire emblem game to show off so they can have a segment called

Fire Emblem: Treehouses

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland
It looks like they specified it would focus exclusively on software in 2019 too, so idk if this confirms anything

Did they specify it would focus exclusively on software or that it would focus exclusively on Switch software? 3DS was still a tiny bit alive back then so they might have meant there would be nothing about 3DS software. My memory doesn't go back that far though so I have no idea if they mentioned anything about 3DS in 2019.

Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
I don't agree with the whole "botw2 Isnt in the tweet means 2022 argument"

1. "the legend of Zelda breath of the wild sequel" is too long to be featured in the tweet
2. It's still largely a secret and very unknown, I would not expect them to highlight it prior, it's going to be a surprise if shown.
3. They would want to keep the 2021 release date surprise/shock value for the event
4. It doesn't even have a title yet, I think it would be awkward to address it before the event

I'm not 100% team 2021, but I also don't think this deconfirms it in the slightest

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
A Q4 2021 release for BotW2 only really makes sense if you assume that the pandemic had zero impact on development.

Zelda is a franchise known for delays even when there aren't global pandemics. I'm sure the thinking was that it would release in 2021 back when they showed the 2019 trailer, but...a lot has happened since then.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck, so ten pages but most importantly we got our E3 plans.

No hardware stuff yet, right? What are the latest rumblings?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
And we have seen absolutely nothing from a new DK game, a new Xenoblade game or a new (console) Mario Kart game, yet everyone has *no* problems accepting this will launch this calendar year?

Please.
things leapfrog all the time with nintendo

it's not doom to take 2022 from that tweet imo

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
Looking forward to all the moaning when LoZ:SS gets a lengthy treehouse segment.
3 hours isn't a lot of time. Give how long each segment is, you'd expect maybe 7 games to be showcased? If Skyward Sword got one of those slots, it would be a little disappointing tbh just since it's a remaster.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
PST is Pacific Standard Timezone
I mean I used a timezone converter.

n4jcRtJ.png

I think this particular converter is just being weird though, because other searches are telling me PT and PST are the same.

farmfatlegend

Aug 6, 2020
The tweet says the majority of the game is for 2021 they say indirectly zelda botW 2 is for 2021 it's my opinion and for 2022 we will see bayo 3 or metroid prime 4

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
oh yeah

that sounds fun lol

probably not coming back for a long time, if ever

just going back to my era roots for one last hardware related hype cycle then retiring from being the angry online man forever

sort of like how bob ross was a drill sergeant? I'm gonna go from angry internet arguer to some sort of woodland man
I hope you stick around, but do whatever makes you happy. :)

Irene

Feb 22, 2021
So happy :D

The wait is gonna be unbearable.

I've been thinking about BotW2 for more or less every day for 2 years now. Can't believe there's a big possibility that the wait will be over soon!

Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
"Exclusively software", I can definitely believe now that they're announcing hardware before the show so it won't take up the lion's share of this event/announcement.

yup!!!! Since it's 13 days out now, I wonder if it's actually happening Thursday still. I hope so. But I reckon it'll be a shadow drop if so

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
It is. You don't even know if Gibson is just guessing or not.

And again, things can leapfrog with DK or Xenoblade too. These, too, were developed during the pandemic.
it's not doom because it's one game announced years ago coming out six months to a year later than you want it to

they wouldn't acknowledge DK or Xenoblade in the tweet because they don't publicly exist yet

I think Zelda not being mentioned in the Tweet is a worthwhile consideration is all

personally I think it's more likely that they just want to keep the tweet generic to not paint perception of it prematurely

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nooooo please
I hope we are reading too much into it
I don't think we are. Nintendo isn't shy about promoting a major "showcase" game for the E3 show prior to the event. My guess is there's one or two major 2021 releases they're going to focus on (outside of Pokemon), but neither have been announced yet. I'm 100% convinced BotW2 isn't launching this year.

Edengamer25

Aug 29, 2020
Tommorow makes the most sense for the new Switch announcement, I dont see it being announced on the weekend or on Monday or Tuesday(approx just 1 week before the Direct), so Thursday it is everyone!

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
THEY DID IT!

Also no direct mention of Zelda, I guess they wanna keep it a surpriseeeee

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I mean I used a timezone converter.

n4jcRtJ.png

I think this particular converter is just being weird though, because other searches are telling me PT and PST are the same.
It's the same time zone, the difference is whether or not it is daylight savings time or not. Right now we're in daylight savings time, so it's most properly PDT.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I don't think Nintendo themselves are going to put much, if any emphasis on the revision at E3. They're not just speaking to the few million people who are going to be able to get their hands on the hardware this year - the E3 software is also for absolutely everyone who's already got a Switch, including the 30 million or so who've bought one in the last 15 months, many of whom likely aren't ready to upgrade yet.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
E3 announcement out of the way.

Also very interesting to see Jason hyped for Nintendo this year haha

Status
Not open for further replies.