• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
CAPGOD
Good to see. DMC5 is showing some damn good legs, awesome to see it reaching 4's lifetime in a year's time.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User warned: platform wars
Of course so many Switch users and action Rezi fans want to pretend nothing that caters to them is successful. It was the same with Rezi 7.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: platform wars
Of course so many Switch users and action Rezi fans want to pretend nothing that caters to them is successful. It was the same with Rezi 7.

The funniest part is Switch users trying to spin it as if even fans of Capcom games are disappointed this gen. You should see the media create thread.

There is nothing more noble on this forum than fanboying for a corporate entity just because they produced something you liked.

Its a meme , people used Crapcom/Capcpom for the longest time during the PS3/360 era. The Capgod term comes from their run during the PS2 era. I guess its more of people saying its a return to form , rather than saying they are "god" devs or something.

Inb4 they say it was a let down.

Nah they already said both games exceeded expectations in March.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The funniest part is Switch users trying to spin it as if even fans of Capcom games are disappointed this gen. You should see the media create thread.
Wait really? For real? That's a stretch even for the users in that thread. And I thought the MHW stuff back in January of last year was a stupid take...

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Wait really? For real? That's a stretch even for the users in that thread. And I thought the MHW stuff back in January of last year was a stupid take...

something something... "true" capcom fans would want more IPs. All they doing is rehashing popular IPs. They abandoned AA market. Chasing after western market is short term.

Not saying all these statements are wrong. But its hard to appeal to everyone , because Capcoms IPs are so far apart from each other.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
something something... "true" capcom fans would want more IPs. All they doing is rehashing popular IPs. They abandoned AA market. Chasing after western market is short term.

Not saying all these statements are wrong. But its hard to appeal to everyone , because Capcoms IPs are so far apart from each other.
lol "true" Capcom fans. I'd love to know what that makes me! (the guy that's been buying up every game they released, even all the niche Japan only stuff and playing it all through chronologically).

Its true they've not exactly had much in the way of new IP success this gen (or really even tried) but last gen and even the gen before was hit and miss in that regard, and with game dev getting more expensive/taking longer I can't exactly blame them for focusing on the big IPs. Then again, DMC5 isn't exactly what I'd say is a safe bet either, so I'm over the moon at what it ended up being - no RPG progression, open world or other crap forced in, just the best combat system I've ever used in a game to date.

If the whole western market argument was brought up though... that'd be a strange critique. I mean, the problem with the late Inafune era last gen was just that - trying to go all COD with their franchises. If anything they've dialed that right back and instead just focused on making true sequels to their games... unless that's mainly poking fun at MHW's changes... which seems like a baseless argument what with it being the most successful Capcom game ever.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Is Capcom still chasing after the mobile money ticket? Or have they found success there?

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Add one to RE2, finally got cheap enough on Amazon and couldn't hold off any longer.
Capcom really have been on fire the last few years.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved for both games and Capcom. Two instant classics. DMC5's combat towers over everything this side of Ninja Gaiden/Black. It's sublime.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
You have less than 6 months to reveal Vergil DLC.

1z3s3M.gif