• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

morrigan8bit

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
Considering the change in Harry and the relationship deterioration with William it's pretty clear the common denominator potentially is Meghan. Never been a fan. She comes across as a bit of a diva unhappy being in the shadow of Kate.

This is going to go down like a lead balloon with the general British public.

Oct 26, 2017
Considering the change in Harry and the relationship deterioration with William it's pretty clear the common denominator potentially is Meghan. Never been a fan. She comes across as a bit of a diva unhappy being in the shadow of Kate.

Really? That is not the impression of her I get, Markle seems pretty cool tbh.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

Lol, a family of royalty annointed by God and she's the Diva?

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Imagine being mad about royals NOT taking public money.
The general public doesn't give it much thought at the fact that these people are receiving their tax money to maintain their lifestyle. By highlighting the public financial treatment of the royals on the key piece of this sure public opinion mess to be formed (They didn't even consult!) Meghan and Harry made this situation a scandal piece.

Oct 26, 2017
Not the worst time he's donned a military uniform though.

true dat
fjiPdn6.png

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

The British public sadly still have this ridiculous romanticism idea of royals. How a population can be so giddy over those born into ridiculous privilege amazes me.

Lining the streets for a wedding, treating the queen as if she is some beloved women who adores her subjects is a joke.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017

What has she done?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

Liz' is that you?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would hope someone would change if they had to witness their spouse taking mammoth amounts of racist abuse from the public.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As for the Palace being disappointed. They sure were not that quick to release a statement issuing their disappointment in Andrew.

Oct 26, 2017
The British public sadly still have this ridiculous romanticism idea of royals. How a population can be so giddy over those born into ridiculous privilege amazes me.

Lining the streets for a wedding, treating the queen as if she is some beloved women who adores her subjects is a joke.

How much did their wedding cost the taxpayer? Something like £50 million iirc. If they used this new position to argue for the dissolution of the monarchy I'd be cheering them on, but I'd imagine they're just doing a nonce Andrew. Although tbh Harry is probably not the best royal to argue for no royals welp

morrigan8bit

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
User Banned (2 weeks): trolling, history of similar behavior
I would hope someone would change if they had to witness their spouse taking mammoth amounts of racist abuse from the public.

When was Meghan racially abused by the public? That is quite an accusation.

Falldog

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. They want to carve 'a new role in this institution'. Signed the duke and duchess.

I think she'll tell them in or out too. I think they'll ultimately plump with 'in', but spin something up to save face.

I could see something like this happening too. There's no way that they will ever give up those titles willingly, that's for sure. It's pretty much the only reason people are interested in either of them.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017

You've been reading too much Daily Mail mate

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Meghan really should go back to acting, she'd instantly get a leading role in a big production that will be one of the most anticipated shows of the year.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Doesn't have to be direct, people can be very coded in how they talk about her but it still stems from not liking her for being different, just read between the lines and compare how say Prince Charles and like acted yet don't get similar.

As for the Mail. Doesn't take much imagination.

dm.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I remember about 10 years people were half-joking that Canada should leave the British Commonwealth and get Harry to move here and become the King of Canada.

Maybe that's his plan. Move here, plant a flag, and kick the Governor General out of her offices.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't have to be direct, people can be very coded in how they talk about her but it still stems from not liking her for being different, just read between the lines and compare how say Prince Charles and like acted yet don't get similar.

As for the Mail. Doesn't take much imagination.

dm.jpg

I actually thought with her being so light it wouldn't be so bad but no just not white enough.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
What is the comparison you are making there? What income are you referring to?

I don't think tourism to the UK would cease if we stopped spending millions on the royal family.
That they as a brand is worth more to the country than they cost in the end. I have no idea if thats true to England and I'm just basing it on when I read about the issue on our royalty in here in Sweden.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
That they as a brand is worth more to the country than they cost in the end. I have no idea if thats true to England and I'm just basing it on when I read about the issue on our royalty in here in Sweden.
I think you are reading stuff that people have made up because they like to have a royal family.

If the purpose of having a royal family were to generate money things would be very different.

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
Funny to see so many people even in this forum getting in a frizzy about this.

Who cares. I wouldn't want to be associated with a paedophile supporting family either.

lol.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

The trouble is in the UK is that people start attaching things to the royal family as income that is only theirs as a political convenience.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
That they wish to get out of the fish bowl and have a more grounded life is admirable, good for them.

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017
Lol

Does one really need to consult their Granny when making a decision in life.

It depends on what he means by stepping back from 'senior' royal duties. He's a counsellor of state, and I wonder if that's something he's wanting to get away from, although I'm unsure how often he's carried out that function. If he does, he probably would need permission from the queen and government to do so.