• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Re: Bungie - should we think about a new thread name?

• No, let's stick with PlayStation Studios (atleast for now)

Votes: 500 82.6%
  • Yes, let's come up with a new name !

Votes: 105 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Since Ghost of Tsushima was already a huge success like Horizon, do you think that Sony will give Sucker paunch the investment to make all The cutscenes and dialogues system with the same quality and level of motion capture, animations and VA that we are seeing in Forbidden West?

Yes, Ghost of Tsushima was wildly successful. They're also making a movie based on it. Sequel will have a gigantic budget!

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
do you think that Sony will give Sucker paunch the investment to make all The cutscenes and dialogues system with the same quality and level of motion capture, animations and VA that we are seeing in Forbidden West?
Yes.

Hopefully the sequel will have the debut trailer kind of facial animations which was more smoother & realistic.

The final game, while still have great 3D face models & animations, tend to look like more robotic in expressions, which was nothing like Patrick Gallagher (Khotun Khan) in the debut trailer above, in my opinion.

Some cut-scenes shown still suited in this kind of robotic style, I admit, but hoping for a Forbidden West quality of improvements with the sequel.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The PS+ PS5 game for March might be Ghostrunner, that would be sweet actually.

Hakimy

Nov 9, 2017
So i have 25% discount promo code for PS+ that I'm offering here and it will end tomorrow night. I decided not to use it for 2 reasons:
1- tried PS+ for a year and as a single player only guy, i found it to be useless.
2- I'm waiting to see how Spartacus will turn out... Also digital gift cards are cheap here in case i wanted to try it.

Anyway this is the code for US PS+ accounts I believe. Use it at the checkout screen. Enjoy:
GDT8TTEK5G

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
oh right, not tweets.
He responded to a Reddit post asking if they think God of War Ragnarok will be delayed to 2023 and he said he doesn't think so. He is usually one to preach that everything could always get delayed and "delayed" (as in, reported a delay) plenty of the games in the past few years, so if he isn't expecting a delay out of this year, the conclusion then comes that it is likely not too far out.

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
Thinking here while playing forbidden west.
Since Ghost of Tsushima was already a huge success like Horizon, do you think that Sony will give Sucker paunch the investment to make all The cutscenes and dialogues system with the same quality and level of motion capture, animations and VA that we are seeing in Forbidden West?
GOT2 will be marketed as much as HFW was or even more, with a movie in the works and the first game being a huge success, the sequel will undoubtedly have a huge budget

Honestly best part of last gen was that GG, SP, SSM and Insomniac all cemented themselves as absolutely fantastic studios alongside ND, they were all good before but I feel like a huge leap occurred

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
Shadow Warrior 3 launching day 1 on Game P— wait, PS Now?!

Aye, there is a larger plan at work here - to move PlayStation closer to the backbone of Sony entertainment.

I said it before, I'll say it again. I think Spartacus is the foundation for Sony to build their own all encompassing media streaming service. So they'll have games, anime, movies and tv shows appearing on Spartacus.

That's why I think it ain't too far fetched for Sony to acquire Paramount to add all their content to their media library. Add that to their anime offerings and game offerings and that's quite the potent subscription offering.

Netflix is already looking into gaming, it really isn't that outlandish for Sony to beat them to the punch with this all in one service.

Once the Netflix and Disney Plus deals end I can see Sony focusing on putting their content on their own competing platform. All that PlayStation Productions content will add to it greatly as they continue to ramp up projects.

What does Playstation get in return?
Mainstream reach?

More resources and budget pumped into PlayStation, mainstream status, even bigger global audience. It takes time, but Sony wants their games and IPs to reach Nintendo level appeal on a broad scale, and they're making large investments into entertainment in general. They see PlayStation as a major gateway to achieve that.

Oooh thanks for the reply Shinobi and great insights!

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Watching my nephew play Astro's Playroom on PS5 and he's pointing out some things I missed:

one part had the rain drops turn into PlayStation symbols.
some clouds are PlayStation symbols.

I know this might be old news for some, but I totally missed it.

That game is such a nice nod to PlayStation history and just PlayStation in general.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Astro's Playroom:

Nephew just pointed out some ice in the shape of PlayStation symbols carved into some ice bergs.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
If they are hinting at event in March, that would be good place to explain everything. I don't think blogpost in enough for something like this.

If Jason Schreier's report is correct, they're going to keep the PlayStation Plus brand, fold PS Now into it and introduce new tiers.

There's nothing really complicated about this that couldn't be explained with a single chart, bullet points and PR blurbs from Ryan or Hulst. That alone really wouldn't warrant an event, imo.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
What an awful person. I hope people show restraint next time they have a urge to make a 'I know _____ this is horrible person but this is what they claim to know' post. Just not worth it.

pjl93

Jun 2, 2020
NJ
I don't know if discussing david jaffe is permitted I know he's a piece of shit but his recent tweet is something else I feel should get more attention

Oct 25, 2017
If Jason Schreier's report is correct, they're going to keep the PlayStation Plus brand, fold PS Now into it and introduce new tiers.

There's nothing really complicated about this that couldn't be explained with a single chart, bullet points and PR blurbs from Ryan or Hulst. That alone really wouldn't warrant an event, imo.

There doesn't need to be an event but they need to have some sort of video showcase showing how it works. They need to SHOW people how all of this will unfold. I feel just a PR blurb and bullet points will be pretty underwhelming

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
blog.playstation.com

First tracks from the Horizon Forbidden West soundtrack available this Friday

Join Aloy on the next chapter of her journey and dive into the beautiful score of Horizon Forbidden West.
Starting this Friday, you will be able to enjoy the score that accompanies your machine hunts, both in and outside the game! We teamed up with our friends at Sony Music to roll out the Horizon Forbidden West soundtrack on all streaming platforms, starting February 25.
Following all the love we received on the wonderful music of Horizon Zero Dawn, we wanted to make as much of the score to Horizon Forbidden West available for you to listen to as possible. To do this, we will be releasing the soundtrack in three volumes. Volume 1 arrives this Friday and includes tracks such as Aloy's Theme, a new take on her iconic theme for Horizon Forbidden West with vocals by Julie Elven, and In the Flood, the beautiful track featured in the game's opening title sequence with vocals by Ariana Gillis.

The story behind In the Flood is remarkable. Originally written by our very own Lovisa Bergdahl, we felt it fit the game opening perfectly! Lovisa teamed up with Oleksa Lozowchuk to co-produce the track, which now graces the starting sequence as Aloy gallops into the West. If you're interested in listening to Lovisa's original tune, it will also be included in Volume 1 of our soundtrack.
Guerrilla Music Supervisor Lucas van Tol sat down with our composers to talk about the creation process of the soundtrack to Aloy's journey. Joris de Man, Niels van der Leest, Oleksa Lozowchuk and composing duo The Flight discuss how they created the music for the Horizon Forbidden West. They also look back at scoring Aloy's first adventure in Horizon Zero Dawn:

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly can't say enough nice things about the music in HFW.

I love the music. I was a bit disappointed by the soundtrack included in the deluxe edition as it wasn't that extensive (it doesn't include the track from the title sequence, AFAIK).

I did point out when the content of the deluxe edition was initially detailed that the value of the soundtrack depended a bit on how quickly they released the full OST on Spotify, etc. Not a big deal for me - just glad I'll be able to listen to the full OST!

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
Didn't a bunch of the insiders agree we were getting an event in Febuary?
If you say it every month, you'll be right!

Thinking here while playing forbidden west.
It just elevates the narrative, characters and All the story to really a new level.
I would love see GoT2 receiving the same treatment.

Yes, the game was successful, they will get a bigger budget.

Just barely started HFW, arrived in ther first major city (oseram) and the motion capture, va, animations of regulars/unimportant discussions is AMAZING!

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
So now that Horizon Forbidden West is out, what would you like GG to work on next (Their "main" team so to speak as we know they have another game already in development)

-A DLC for Horizon Forbidden West launching Summer 2023
Caveat: A new game will be pushed back by atleast one year

-Horizon 3 launching in first half of2026

-A new IP launching in second half of 2027

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
So now that Horizon Forbidden West is out, what would you like GG to work on next (Their "main" team so to speak as we know they have another game already in development)

The Horizon IP is here to stay the whole gen, at least.
I would take a Monster Horizon Hunter and a "dark" FPS during the the dawn of humanity.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Coatsink (Jurassic World Aftermath) is apparently developing a PSVR2 launch title: https://uploadvr.com/coatsink-psvr-2-launch-title/
This makes me think that 3P support for PSVR2 launch could be very big on top of what 1P studios are preparing.
Great news. I expect Sony to have pulled all the strings to give VR2 the launch it deserves. With releases for the original headset having slowed down in recent years, the devs have to be working on something new. The kits have been out since last year and there is a wealth of no-brainer PCVR projects that devs can now port across to the very capable hardware. I'm sure they signed on many developers as soon as they were able.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
What an awful person. I hope people show restraint next time they have a urge to make a 'I know _____ this is horrible person but this is what they claim to know' post. Just not worth it.
I wouldn't bet on it.

It doesn't stop people from mentioning any "inside info" Colin Moriarty shares on his podcast despite him and his shit being banned on here. People are too eager to "get the word out" and be the person who posts it first.

There doesn't need to be an event but they need to have some sort of video showcase showing how it works. They need to SHOW people how all of this will unfold. I feel just a PR blurb and bullet points will be pretty underwhelming

Excuse me if I'm not understanding what you're saying but I'm not quite sure what's there to present and show with a subscription service? You subscribe to it, then download or stream the games available in that tier and play them. Different tiers will have different games available and which platforms will be emulated/downloadable can be shown in a chart and explained in a sentence or two.

I'm not saying I'm right about this, of course. It would just surprise me if they'd plan and orchestrate an event for their new subscription tiers when, for example, they've announced, introduced and shown PSVR2, its controllers and their first PSVR2 game, Horizon Call of the Mountain, in a series of blog posts spread out over months.

People saying some sort of big event has to happen or is around the corner gives me flashbacks to last year when everyone was so sure something would definitely happen any day now because it's the summer and E3 and Sony can't not participate somehow and it went on and on, from May until the event dropped in September, and absolutely nobody but one poster knew about it and that post flew over most people's head because barely anyone has heard of them or paid attention.

Lets not do this again, please.

Let's not signal boost such nonsense!
Thank you.

Last edited:

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I think crunch has recently hit a different group of people, the critics. A lot of games are coming out in rapid succession and a lot of review codes are being distributed almost every week.
Good luck :)

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I think crunch has recently hit a different group of people, the critics. A lot of games are coming out in rapid succession and a lot of review codes are being distributed almost every week.
Good luck :)

I don't envy reviewers who are single person channels. Pokemon Arceus, Dying Light 2, HFW, Elden Ring, GT7 etc., in about a month is ridiculous. Those aren't small titles, and plenty of other titles released as well.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea who Hailee Steinfeld is but it's upsetting to me that someone would say that Moretz smaller than Pedro Pascal and Anthony Mackie. I don't see how anyone can say they're a draw based on their names alone. WW84 and Altered Carbon S2 showed that. Anya isn't a draw either, she's just prolific.

It's not all about how much of a draw they're but rather how hot they are in the industry at the time. Hailee is currently Kate Bishop in the MCU as well as Gwen in the Into the Spider-Verse series. Anya's in various things like Furiosa and voicing Peach in the Mario movie. When it comes to Chloe, voicing Wednesday Addams in the Addams Family movies is the last big thing she was involved in recently.

Sony's made it clear that they're going big with these Playstation Production TV shows and movies. The lead role in those are going to the biggest names they can find.

Oct 26, 2017

DLC, same scale as Frozen Wilds, followed by a true sequel towards the end of the gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.