• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
This is fucked up.

I spoke to my mom and told me that students in the Disney's College Program are being kicked out of their homes.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I had fever and dry cough this week. I went to the doc and when the COVID-19 question came up he just shruged.

I'm feeling better now, and I do think what I had was nothing but a mild cold, but with everything going on the COVID-19 question is still in the back of my head.

Oct 26, 2017
People in GTA Ontario, how is mall and restaurants today?

Anecdotal but - downtown Toronto on the west end looked normal on the street but a few coffee shops that would typically be packed were almost empty in my neighbourhood. A lot of shops/stores on my street voluntarily closing until the end of the public school closures too.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
These videos of people standing in long lines outside of Costcos...is that just because so many people are trying to get in or are they at least limiting how many people are allowed inside at once?

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
People in GTA Ontario, how is mall and restaurants today?

I find it interesting people are replying and saying it's still normal.

I'm out in downtown Van M-F for work, and it was QUIET, especially Friday. A lot of the normal lunch spots had like maybe a couple people, not many on the streets.

I hope we're taking it seriously.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Costco today:

ecc1144f1435e4509b9c0c8f74662f3e48e09c15.jpg

Plum

May 31, 2018
Off-topic forum ignored. Thread will be ignored in a few moments.

Thanks for the links and the support! However I just can't stay here when words like "apocalypse" are thrown around so easily. It's just not good for me at all. If you're not a gaming side poster then see ya'll when/if things clear up!

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would just turn around. I don't get why people are going to Costco at this point, when this is a known factor. Plenty of other places you can go and pay a bit more but have you sanity and not be hit by all the crowds.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It blows my mind that the chilean government is waiting for COVID-19 cases to start popping up in schools instead of suspending classes right now, especially now that we are at phase 3 of the disease spread.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Post-apocalyptic movies always have montages of the shit hitting the fan but it's always riots and police in the streets, people in mass buying TP should now be part of those montages. Corona has established new cinematic shorthands, thank you.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I had fever and dry cough this week. I went to the doc and when the COVID-19 question came up he just shruged.

I'm feeling better now, and I do think what I had was nothing but a mild cold, but with everything going on the COVID-19 question is still in the back of my head.

I started coming down with something as well. Fever, dry cough, the stuff I was told to be looking out for but I took some mucinex and feel a million times better. I tried not to immediately jump to the worst but it's just an unfortunate time to come down with even a common cold.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Nah. I'm solid but it's just today my breathing has become a bit frustrating. I'm probably just stressing. I'll be fine I'm just more worried for my T1 diabetic wife. Self quarantining tonight anyway in the spare room

Shortness of breath and a dry cough along with a fever are the three most common symptoms. If you have someone living with you that's at risk I would call a hotline and see about getting tested. Not sure if you're in the States, if so, you still might be refused if you haven't had contact with people from outside the US.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I am. I think realising that I can do some stuff right now, even if it's not that big, makes it somewhat easier. There's still an extreme level of anxiety there but I need to do everything I can to stop these freak outs. They're doing nothing but harm to me and others.

Good to hear! Glad you're taking steps to help :)

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
We have had 60 new cases here in Japan and I have read how some hospitals refuse to test you if you have symptoms. And Prime Minister said Olympics won't be delayed.
So yeah, my opinion that they're hiding real numbers is getting stronger.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
wet cough isnt a symptom right? feeling some shit in my throat and feeling a little tired atm but it seems like if i start coughing itll be productive

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really curious to know about North Korea. I heard somewhere they said they have zero cases but lol. If and when they get them what will they actuslly do? Will they do anything? Will basically all of their 26 million people become infected?

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The virus has been confirmed to be in my city and my roommate thought it would be a good idea to go to a wedding tonight. Irresponsible?

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
So my brother called me freaking out thinking he had it. He was legit scared talking about he don't want to die from a fucking virus. I told him to calm down and tell me what's up, he had nausea and then vomited. His girl said he had eaten a bad bag of chips. But he has no fever or cough or shortness of breath. I told him to go to the doctor just in case. Shit I don't know.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
So now that it's the end of the world, have you also started recording your audio logs so future wasteland dwellers can learn how your life came to an end? I'm about to start recording mine but first I need to decide what random places in my apartment I should leave them.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
So my brother called me freaking out thinking he had it. He was legit scared talking about he don't want to die from a fucking virus. I told him to calm down and tell me what's up, he had nausea and then vomited. His girl said he had eaten a bad bag of chips. But he has no fever or cough or shortness of breath. I told him to go to the doctor just in case. Shit I don't know.
It's probably the chips...

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I'm just getting tired of people who I know aren't stupid just spouting the same shit about how h1n1 didn't kill everyone why should they be worried about this. Every goddamn day it's something new with these people.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I'm really curious to know about North Korea I hear somewhere they said they have zero but cases lol. If and when they get them what will they do? Will they do anything? Will basically all of their 26 million people become infected?

Disclaimer: I am by no means comparing this to a zombie outbreak.

World War Z said:
What happened? No one knows. No country was better prepared to repel the infestation than North Korea. Rivers to the north, oceans to the west, and to the south, the most heavily fortified border on Earth. You can see how mountainous are honeycombed with a titanic military-industrial infrastructure. The North Korean government learned some very hard lessons from your bombing campaign of the 1950s and had been laboring ever since to create a subterranean system that would allow their people to wage another war from a secure location.
So what happened? About a month before our troubles started, before the first outbreaks were reported in Pusan, the North suddenly, and inexplicably, severed all diplomatic relations. We weren't told why the rail line, the only overland link between our two sides, was suddenly closed, or why some of our citizens who'd been waiting decades to see long lost relatives in the North had their dreams abruptly shattered by a rubber stamp. No explanation of any kind was given. All we got was their standard "matter of state security" brush-off.
The guards were changed on a rotating basis. One night, as the North Korean detachment marched into their barracks, no replacement unit marched out. The doors were shut. The lights were extinguished. And we never saw them again.
Vanished, all of them, right about the same time all our electronic surveillance assets went dark. I don't mean there was no disturbing radio traffic, I mean there was no traffic at all. One by one, all the civilian and military channels began shutting down. Satellite images showed fewer farmers in their fields, less foot traffic in city streets, even fewer "volunteer" laborers on many public works projects, which is something that has never happened before. Before we knew it, there wasn't a living soul left from the Yalu to the DMZ. From a purely intelligence standpoint, it appeared as if the entire country, every man, woman, and child in North Korea, had simply vanished.

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just getting tired of people who I know aren't stupid just spouting the same shit about how h1n1 didn't kill everyone why should they be worried about this. Every goddamn day it's something new with these people.

Make them sit and watch this, assuming they have the attention span and basic intelligence to comprehend it.

youtu.be

Exponential growth and epidemics

A primer on exponential and logistic growthHelp fund future projects: https://www.patreon.com/3blue1brownAn equally valuable form of support is to simply sha...

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is fucked up.

I spoke to my mom and told me that students in the Disney's College Program are being kicked out of their homes.
Yep on both coasts. They have to move out by March 18th at 11am. Their rent is being waived and they're getting paid for March. And apparently if they can't afford to leave by then they'll get emergency housing. Its beyond fucked up and I work for the company.