• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
I mean, Wario Land Wii already looked like a Shantae game...

maxresdefault.jpg

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
If it is a NIntendo IP,

The Heart wants Startropics (Mainly so I can rub it in my brothers face that nintendo would actually make something new in the franchise after 20+ years)

The brain says Warioland, Because 2D sidescrollers with interesting mechanics is most of Wayforward's bread and butter

My Hind-end says that its Metroid, because they did make a very compelling metroidvania in the mummy demastered. Would love to see what they could do with the actual franchise.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to pick a Nintendo franchise for Wayforward to develop it would be... maybe Kirby?

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
The wording is confusing. Could be a new IP from Wayforward or a franchise they have never previously worked on. Cadance of Hyrule was a thing after all so an indie working on Nintendo IP isn't crazy.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
y'all. the rumored Direct is on the 20th July. why are we panicking?

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
It could just as well be Wayforward doing a new game in a known third party series like they did with Double Dragon Neon.
People immediately jumping to "it must be a nintendo franchise!" are jumping the gun a bit.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lots of people failing to notice that Kelios has said it's an independent IP, i.e. not a Nintendo franchise.

Oct 26, 2017
It could just as well be Wayforward doing a new game in a known third party series like they did with Double Dragon Neon.
People immediately jumping to "it must be a nintendo franchise!" are jumping the gun a bit.

Sure, but people think the probability it's Nintendo related is highish as Nintendo is announcing it.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I'm a lot more interested by the Wayforward reveal (be it a Nintendo IP or not, but if not, why would it be there?) than the Paper Mario stuff.

edit: it's also way better to put the Paper Mario stuff in a separate event than in a Direct.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
That Wayforward Adventure TIme game was basically inspired by Zelda II. Let them remake Zelda II

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
This doesn't tell us who he is. What leaks has he gotten in the past? Where are his connections from? Is he vetted by a verifiable source? (On the old place they used to vet insiders via PM, don't know if they still do that here)
No idea about the last two, his most prominent leak was that he got the date of the March 26 Mini right back in February

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
Why do people think this cancels a potential Nintendo Directx exactly? This is showcasing a game coming out next week and revealing one (1) new game from a relatively small dev.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
Wario from a design perspective (especially the Shake-It game and the last couple platformers) seems like a good fit for WayForward. Metroid would be really left field, although I would not mind a cartoony looking Metroid game.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm really suspecting that it may be a Konami IP. They seem to prefer announcing their revivals with Nintendo (Super Bomberman R and Contra: Rogue Corps).

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Not gonna lie, a WayForward StarTropics 3 would be hype as fuck.

Edit: Wario Land would also have me pretty happy.

Last edited:

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm thinking it's Wario Land, but my heart is hoping for StarTropics.

Nintendo has mentioned/referenced StarTropics a few times recently after all...

It won't be StarTropics.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Since it's Way forward I'm expecting a 2D platforming game. Wario Land? Old school Kid Icarus? Ice Climbers? Probably a new franchise. I don't think they're a good fit for Metroid so I hope it's not that, and yes I've played the Shantae games.