• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Impressions time!

Caveblazers is a fantastically fast-paced roguelite and the Switch port seems excellent to me. Lots of loot to find along your travels inside the caves to upgrade your melee and ranged weapons and tons and tons of gold and gems to count toward permanent unlocks (they are automatic - you can't choose what to unlock). Blessing can be found to enhance your run (every 2 enemies you kill you get 3 HP back, +2 melee damage, chance to fire 2 arrows, etc) and some of the loot are items that change your stats to make you more melee-focused or range-focused. After some time you unlock an Arena mode which allows you to challenge waves of enemies and once you make enough progress you earn packs of cards. The cards can then be selected to strengthen your character for future runs. You're limited to 5 cards selected at a time and there are bonuses to increasing the difficulty. I still have a lot to explore and haven't gotten close to successfully completing a run but Caveblazers is very, very addictive - I keep hitting that replay button to hop back into the caves! Highly recommended if you like the idea of Risk of Rain + Spelunky.

Everything is a really beautiful and relaxing experience - something I appreciate after the frantic exploring and attacking in Caveblazers! Some have argued it's not really a game - and maybe they're right - but I've had a great time exploring it thus far. The scope of it is impressive and it's neat seeing just what you can play as - the scale got much larger than what I had expected! The audio quotes you can find are rather thought-provoking. The Switch port seems solid but in docked mode (the only way I've played so far) the graphics seem soft - not sure if that's the intent or if other consoles are sharper. With that said it doesn't affect the game at all and maybe even does it a service as it feels a bit surreal. No slowdown encountered even when I was controlling large amounts of creatures/entities. If you like the look of it, are open to it just being an open-ended experience and want something relaxing then it's definitely worth considering. I took a gamble at the 20% pre-purchase price and am quite happy with it.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And you give Epilexia a hard time for conjecture.

I agree with OrakioRob maybe this discussion needs its own thread.

Also no one is saying to turn a blind eye, people are saying to look at the actual reasons. Just stating 'greed' is pure conjecture and quasi inflammatory. It doesnt actually say anything or make a legitimate point. It also shows a general lack of what something costs or how things get made.

Look you can point to examples where people do what i hope they would which is amortize costs across versions and you can point to companies where the costs were not something they were willing to do that.

Just shouting greed shows a huge misunderstanding of the industry and the costs lf development. You want the dev to take a potential loss just to give you a game at price parity. While I don't like not having price parity I at least understand that devs/pubs are trying to recoup costs on uncertain sales. Greed usually doesn't factor in.

But all the actual reasons raised have been pure conjecture. I said it's hard to look beyond greed because no evidence, no information we have, points to anything that justifies charging more for a game on Switch than other platforms.

And sorry "take a potential loss" is again completely hypothetical. We're now conjuring up scenarios to justify the price increase without looking at the precedents that have been set both on Switch and on other platforms.

But yeah it's derailing the thread and I don't think anyone's going to change the other's opinion, so perhaps best to leave this here.

Price parity in console releases is an unicorn, because to release a game in consoles it has a lot of additional costs respect to Steam.

For example, the cost of a development kit of Switch plus let's say, a GameMaker export module in this systems, it's near to $1000.

The cost of a PS4 development kit plus a GameMaker module, if you're not lucky enough of entering in some Sony program receiving the kits for free (which was a pretty common thing until 2016), it's near to $4000.

In Xbox One, the price is similar to Switch.

But this is not the bigger cost.

In Steam, you're not forced to obtain age ratings. But every console release is forced to do this, which is a thing that greatly increases the cost.

That without taking into account that to port and optimize games in consoles is something that not all the developers have the tech knowledge to do, so add to this that a lot of times they need to hire external coders or porting studios.

Sometimes, they don't even have the access to development kits because they are too small, so while some studios want to self-publish their games, at the end they need to rely in a publisher with access to development kits.

At the end, some developers are opting for absorbing the costs of this, and the context can vary among games, and among different publishers.

A game like 'Downwell' is priced at €2.99 in Steam. But in this example, with such a low price a publisher don't have margins in consoles. So the PS4 release was priced at €4.99, even when the game is published by the same company, Devolver, and they tend to have price parity between systems.

And despite all this the vast, vast, vast majority of games have price parity on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One, with the exception usually being Switch, perhaps the only platform with an audience proven to buy heaps of indie and smaller games. Hardly coincidence.

Anyway I'd rather leave the discussion here. I'll continue to think not having price parity is gouging the Switch's audience and you'll continue to think they're to justify porting costs. Cheers

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
But all the actual reasons raised have been pure conjecture. I said it's hard to look beyond greed because no evidence, no information we have, points to anything that justifies charging more for a game on Switch than other platforms.

And sorry "take a potential loss" is again completely hypothetical. We're now conjuring up scenarios to justify the price increase without looking at the precedents that have been set both on Switch and on other platforms.

But yeah it's derailing the thread and I don't think anyone's going to change the other's opinion, so perhaps best to leave this here.

And despite all this the vast, vast, vast majority of games have price parity on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One, with the exception usually being Switch, perhaps the only platform with an audience proven to buy heaps of indie and smaller games. Hardly coincidence.

Anyway I'd rather leave the discussion here. I'll continue to think not having price parity is gouging the Switch's audience and you'll continue to think they're to justify porting costs. Cheers

Only this month, I cited 5 examples of games without price parity, so you're wrong. It's a pretty common thing.

But whatever, as OrakioRob said, I will not derail the thread.

I thing that I exposed enough examples and the logic behind them, of how development works.

Now, if people want to continue calling developers "greedy", everyone can have its own conscience and ethics.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Impressions time!

Caveblazers is a fantastically fast-paced roguelite and the Switch port seems excellent to me. Lots of loot to find along your travels inside the caves to upgrade your melee and ranged weapons and tons and tons of gold and gems to count toward permanent unlocks (they are automatic - you can't choose what to unlock). Blessing can be found to enhance your run (every 2 enemies you kill you get 3 HP back, +2 melee damage, chance to fire 2 arrows, etc) and some of the loot are items that change your stats to make you more melee-focused or range-focused. After some time you unlock an Arena mode which allows you to challenge waves of enemies and once you make enough progress you earn packs of cards. The cards can then be selected to strengthen your character for future runs. You're limited to 5 cards selected at a time and there are bonuses to increasing the difficulty. I still have a lot to explore and haven't gotten close to successfully completing a run but Caveblazers is very, very addictive - I keep hitting that replay button to hop back into the caves! Highly recommended if you like the idea of Risk of Rain + Spelunky.
Wasn't interested in this game until you mentioned Spelunky, so I watched the trailer on the eShop and yeah, I'm sold.

It's funny too, I started playing Spelunky again on the PC and Vita after some time away from it and every time I load it up, I wish I were playing it on my Switch instead. So hopefully this'll scratch that itch where other Spelunky-likes has failed.

Thanks a lot for those impressions.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Not to bring this topic back up again, but I just realized Caveblazers is $10 on STEAM but $15 on the Switch.

Sure, it has a 20% off launch price deal but from what I can gather, there's nothing added to the Switch version to warrent the price increase. If there is (like touch screen support), feel free to chime in.

A shame really. The game looks cool but I really don't want to reward practices like this, no matter the reason.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Only this month, I cited 5 examples of games without price parity, so you're wrong. It's a pretty common thing.

But whatever, as OrakioRob said, I will not derail the thread.

I thing that I exposed enough examples and the logic behind them, of how development works.

Now, if people want to continue calling developers "greedy", everyone can have its own conscience and ethics.

Perhaps you need to learn how to read. I said this: "And despite all this the vast, vast, vast majority of games have price parity on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One, with the exception usually being Switch". That means games cost the same on all those platforms, except the Switch. You brought up examples of games being more expensive on the Switch, backing my point up. Now I am well and truly done with you and your baseless hyperbole. Ignored.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Not to bring this topic back up again, but I just realized Caveblazers is $10 on STEAM but $15 on the Switch.

Sure, it has a 20% off launch price deal but from what I can gather, there's nothing added to the Switch version to warrent the price increase.

A shame really. The game looks cool but I really don't want to reward practices like this, no matter the reason.

To be fair, in Europe the price difference is only of €1, giving that the Switch version includes the DLC :)

I can't access to the prices of the Steam US store, but probably, when you count the DLC, the price is very close.

By the way, 'Caveblazers' is one of the best roguelites made in the las years.

A much more technical, crazy and sand-boxed version of 'Spelunky', serving as a playground and recipe for madness.

j5SD0Hh.gif

With this, 'Into the Breach', 'Unexplored' and the incoming 'Tangledeep', Switch has rounded a perfect rogue library.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Caveblazers looks awesome, I might get it eventually. Thanks to everyone posting impressions, this thread is really helpful.

So many great rogue-like games on Switch and still Yodanji is the one I keep coming back to. Quick and simple game sessions, that's why it works for me.

DkbGIMiUwAAtOlH.jpg:large

"You drink sake. You can suddenly fight better" ^_^

One of my favorite Switch games. 54 on Metacritic, ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for recommending it months ago when it was on sale, Epilexia !

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
Impressions time!

I agree with everything here, Caveblazers is a wonderful game.

Spelunky is one of my favourite games, and I really like Risk of Rain (both games were glued to my Vita for a while), so it's a spot on description that this merges the two.

It's a bit less 'physical systems' based compared to Spelunky (e.g. you can't pick up bodies and use them within the physics - other characters, traps, environment - of the game) but there are tons of other stuff within the helper NPCs, status effects and items that manage to recreate that spontaneous and often unpredictable sense of fun that Spelunky is best for.

The controls are tight and there's less of a 'rush' to blitz through a level than Spelunky, which makes it much - much - more forgiving (along with a generous health bar). And there's such a great feeling of discovery through the game. It rewards each run with something new, aside from the randomly generated levels.

For me, it scratches that itch I've wanted since I completed Spelunky, and is more than worthy 'spiritual successor' to it.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, in Europe the price difference is only of €1, giving that the Switch version includes the DLC :)

I can't access to the prices of the Steam US store, but probably, when you count the DLC, the price is very close.

By the way, 'Caveblazers' is one of the best roguelites made in the las years.

A much more technical, crazy and sand-boxed version of 'Spelunky', serving as a playground and recipe for madness.

j5SD0Hh.gif

With this, 'Into the Breach', 'Unexplored' and the incoming 'Tangledeep', Switch has rounded a perfect rogue library.
Ah, you're right. Just checked and the price for the "Arena Mode" dlc is $2. I don't know where the extra $3 came from but with the launch price, it at least puts it in parity with the game + dlc on STEAM.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Caveblazers looks awesome, I might get it eventually. Thanks to everyone posting impressions, this thread is really helpful.

So many great rogue-like games on Switch and still Yodanji is the one I keep coming back to. Quick and simple game sessions, that's why it works for me.

One of my favorite Switch games. 54 on Metacritic, ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for recommending it months ago when it was on sale, Epilexia !

Have you been able to complete a run?

The only time that I reached the room of the final boss, the game crashed.

These Unity games are not very reliable :)

I only abandoned the game because in a weird decision, you can only move your character with the stick and not the DPAD.

And until I replaced my left stick in September, I was suffering from the drifting problem.

But if I'm able to abandon 'Into the Breach' (now I'm with the Steel Judoka, the hardest squad in the game, trying to complete all the runs in hard difficulty) and 'The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+' with the new update that I was waiting for months...

Maybe it will be time to include the game again in my playlist :)

I purchased 'Hollow Knight' this week, and after an hour, I returned AGAIN to 'Into the Breach'.

This bastard has destroyed my backlog.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I am still shocked seeing these price bumps for the Switch ports from Steam... already 5x titles this month & likely many already present in the eShop catalog. :o

Unless the increase also exists on Live & PSN, it's clearly a pattern & a real bad trend for us Switch owners.

Oct 26, 2017
What are y'all's favorite eshop games that you believe no one else here owns?
(or barely anyone else if you can't find the former).

Mine is probably still Crush Your Enemies.
Or perhaps Of Mice and Sand.
Or maybe Hyper Sentinel
Or Earthworms

Last edited:

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Uurnog Uurnlimited for sure, I don't think I've seen it mentioned here and it's quite a cool game, and it's on sale semi-often.
I also think the Risk of Rain port got swept over really quick, but it's great and would be basically perfect if you could suspend the game mid-run and save your place.
Also Ace of Seafood.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So Downwell's page is up and it's only £2.69. Without any sort of discount for preorder. That's insane, IIRC it was £4 when I bought it a while back on PS4, so this game really is in contrast to a lot of the price hike late ports.

Buy this game people. I would've done so straight away but it's not able to be preordered even though the price is there. It's only 65 MBs though so preloading would be a little silly lol.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely Armello.

Here's what I said about it a while back:
Finally finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna the Golden Country (I have few grivences, but I enjoyed it overall) and finally decided to give Armello a shot since I've really been interested in that game for a while now and whoo boy, am I glad I did. I've only played through the prologue so here are some quick impressions

I'm not super well versed in tabletop games. I've played a couple here and there (L5R, Pandemic, etc.) but I'm not someone you'd call an expert or heck, even a novice on the medium but if I were to sum up Armello I'd say it's basically a mix between Civ and a tabletop game with dice rolls (if there is already a game that is exactly that, then use that as an example). The premise is the land is ruled by a king, who is a Lion, but he has been overtaken with a disease known as "The Rot" which corrupts him and caused him grow malicious and slowly go insane.

You play one of four characters (a wolf, rat, rabbit and bear) where you travel the land/game board, do quest, fight, explore dungeons, etc. and the name of the game is to achieve one of the four victory conditions which is either slaying the king, getting a higher rot level than him, having a higher prestige level than all the other players on the board or by collecting 4 macguffins to cleanse the land of said rot. Oh yeah, did I mention it's also a card collecting game?

I've only played the prologue which acts as a tutorial, so I can't speak of how an actual game plays out but man, I was absolutely amazed by all the mechanics at play. The board is grid/tile based like your average 4X game. You can use items and equip weapons and armor on your player character, use spell cards to buff yourself or debuff your opponents and even trickery cards to get political favors. It's insane how much depth this thing has... initially. Like I said before, I've only played the prologue so I don't know how much longevity this game has, but I will say, it made a fantastic first impression.

As for preforamce, it ran flawless in both docked and undocked. The font is a bit small when playing portable, so that's a bummer but it isn't terrible. Oh, it also has touch controls too so you can theoretically play it tablet mode only.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Mine is probably still Crush Your Enemies.
Or perhaps Of Mice and Sand.
Or maybe Hyper Sentinel
Or Earthworms

Not quite a standalone game, just an old one that no one's talking about, but I've been playing the NES game Adventures of Lolo via Switch Online for the first time, and it's fantastic. Something for any fan of puzzle games to check out.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Nurse Love Addiction is on sale in JP eshop. It is developed by Kogado so the story should be good enough. I may pick it up.
Maybe we could have a separate thread for discussing the price of indie games? It looks like this argument will go on for many posts. It's like the Steam vs Epic Store debate, for a while it rendered the PC Era thread completely useless.
The thing with PC Era is that some posters keep bringing topics from other threads into the community thread. To be honest, this action pushes me away from entering that thread.

Last edited:

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018

Yodanji is so good! It's the best "traditional" roguelike on Switch IMO.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Uurnog Uurnlimited for sure, I don't think I've seen it mentioned here and it's quite a cool game, and it's on sale semi-often.
I also think the Risk of Rain port got swept over really quick, but it's great and would be basically perfect if you could suspend the game mid-run and save your place.
Also Ace of Seafood.

Have you played 'Uurnog Uurnlimited'?

It's a game that I really need to be convinced to play.

Nifflas is one of my favorite indie developers.

'Knytt Stories' was in the early days of the indie scene, one of the first games in made me a believer, following passionately the movement.

I love the concept of procedurally generated music behind the game, and indeed, 'Proteus' is among my 5 all-time favorite games.

But I purchased this in the release day, only to support Nifflas.

And after trying to play for 20 minutes, I felt like...

b7e.jpg

So my question is, after the initial learning curve, and behind the cryptic nature of the world, is there a masterpiece waiting for me? :)

Oct 26, 2017
Also Ace of Seafood.

I remember really liking other games by the same publisher (on switch at least) of Uurnog: Raw Fury, who also published the Kingdom series, Bad North, Dandara and my most beloved GoNNER.
So I have my eye on it.

And Ace of Seafood is high on my wishlist!

Oct 29, 2017
I am a huge Alan Watts fan and so I jumped on the opportunity to get EVERYTHING on Switch, is it just me or is the game really blurry?
Can't speak for the switch version but the PC and PS4 versions are demanding, even on the Pro. Being able to seamlessly shift controller characters, scale, etc is fairly taxing. It wouldn't surprise me if they cut the resolution to get the Switch version to go.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Have you been able to complete a run?

No ^_^

Level 8 or 9 is the further I can get.

I only abandoned the game because in a weird decision, you can only move your character with the stick and not the DPAD.

And until I replaced my left stick in September, I was suffering from the drifting problem.

Same issue here with my left joycon, so I disconnect both joycons, go to the Switch settings and make the right one the 1P joycon. It's not ideal, but it works.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I remember really liking other games by the same publisher (on switch at least) of Uurnog: Raw Fury, who also published the Kingdom series, Bad North, Dandara and my most beloved GoNNER.
So I have my eye on it.

And Ace of Seafood is high on my wishlist!

After this post in its blog, you will love Raw Fury even more.

They are one of the finest examples of a publisher which is fair and ethic with the developers under its umbrella, by supporting and funding them even when a game isn't successful.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Downwell's page is up and it's only £2.69. Without any sort of discount for preorder. That's insane, IIRC it was £4 when I bought it a while back on PS4, so this game really is in contrast to a lot of the price hike late ports.

Buy this game people. I would've done so straight away but it's not able to be preordered even though the price is there. It's only 65 MBs though so preloading would be a little silly lol.

And if you own at least one Devolver game, it'll likely be even cheaper for you when it launches.

Deleted member 33571

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Have you played 'Uurnog Uurnlimited'?

It's a game that I really need to be convinced to play.

Nifflas is one of my favorite indie developers.

'Knytt Stories' was in the early days of the indie scene, one of the first games in made me a believer, following passionately the movement.

I love the concept of procedurally generated music behind the game, and indeed, 'Proteus' is among my 5 all-time favorite games.

But I purchased this in the release day, only to support Nifflas.

And after trying to play for 20 minutes, I felt like...

b7e.jpg

So my question is, after the initial learning curve, and behind the cryptic nature of the world, is there a masterpiece waiting for me? :)
Yeah, I've played a few hours of it but haven't finished it. Something I like about it is that it kinda does throw conventional puzzle-platformer structuring to the wind, with it's weird hub/"safe room" mechanic as well as a main hub world on top of a handful of other hubs that house the main levels lol. It's definitely really confusing at first but the structure does become clear as you play.

It also has a really open-ended approach to the puzzles themselves. For example, if you need a flying bird to get over a gap, you can explore the world to get enough money to buy one from the shop, or you can just stumble upon one in a different level and save it for later, or you could just use a different object entirely to find a different way across the gap. In that way, some of the puzzles are sort of like open-ended metroidvania gates rather than traditional physics puzzles.

While I don't know if it's a "masterpiece" like you say, it's definitely something unique and the procedural sound and everything is also just pleasant to experience. I'd say it's worth another shot! I need to get back to it at some point myself.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah, I've played a few hours of it but haven't finished it. Something I like about it is that it kinda does throw conventional puzzle-platformer structuring to the wind, with it's weird hub/"safe room" mechanic as well as a main hub world on top of a handful of other hubs that house the main levels lol. It's definitely really confusing at first but the structure does become clear as you play.

It also has a really open-ended approach to the puzzles themselves. For example, if you need a flying bird to get over a gap, you can explore the world to get enough money to buy one from the shop, or you can just stumble upon one in a different level and save it for later, or you could just use a different object entirely to find a different way across the gap. In that way, some of the puzzles are sort of like open-ended metroidvania gates rather than traditional physics puzzles.

While I don't know if it's a "masterpiece" like you say, it's definitely something unique and the procedural sound and everything is also just pleasant to experience. I'd say it's worth another shot! I need to get back to it at some point myself.

Many thanks for your impressions!

You have definitely sold me the game, I will give a second try.

Indeed, by reading your description, I prefer if it results in a "flawed", experimental and creative experience.

Masterpieces are overrated and tend to be boring experiences :)

Oct 26, 2017
After this post in its blog, you will love Raw Fury even more.

They are one of the finest examples of a publisher which is fair and ethic with the developers under its umbrella, by supporting and funding them even when a game isn't successful.
Wow. I hope the developer is still creating and that the investment paid off for Raw Fury. Bloody rare to do what they did.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Caveblazers impressions/writeups would be appreciated. Looks interesting and I love roguelikes, like Dead Cells and Rogue Legacy, but I have plenty of games. A real masterpiece is always worth a buy though.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Is there any info about the physical release coming out in the US? I see news stories announcing it, but nowhere has any info on how to buy the damn thing.

I couldn't find anything when I looked the other day. They delayed the digital game to make it closer to the physical release, but I took that to mean they wanted to delay it until the details of the physical release are out so that people wouldn't be upset.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I'm late to this, but I appreciate the discussion on price parity of Switch ports in this thread (with less hostility of course). We need more of that, and there are some indies that absolutely should be taken to task for dubious price increases.

That's all I got. Carry on. :)

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
Week January 10th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

- Games
  • Caveblazers - Yogscast - $14.99/€12.99 (Launch sale: $11.99/€10.39) - 80 MB
  • Neko Navy: Daydream Edition - Fruitbat Factory - $12.99/€10.99 - 222 MB
  • Double Cross - Headup Games - $19.99/€19.99 (Launch sale: $14.99/€14.99) - 332 MB
  • Everything - David Oreilly - $14.99/€12.99 - 1.8 GB
  • Combat Core - MABManz - $19.99/€17.60 - 792 MB
    caveblazersv8i1p.jpg
    nekonavy-daydreamedit2tfqf.jpg
    doublecrossttc60.jpg
    everythinghri0j.jpg
    combatcore0rdxr.jpg
  • Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight - Dangen Ent. - $14.99/€13.99 - 100 MB
  • BQM: Block Quest Maker - Wonderland Kazakiri - $14.99/€12.99 - 201 MB
  • Elli - Bandana Kid - $19.99/€19.99 - 683 MB
  • Lightseekers - Playfusion - Free-to-Play - 122 MB
  • Big Crown: Showdown - Sold Out - $12.99/€12.99 - 4.8 GB
    momodorareverieunderth6etz.jpg
    bqm-blockquestmaker-vofgt.jpg
    elli97f2v.jpg
    lightseekers73e81.jpg
    bigcrownshowdown6fd97.jpg
  • Bury me, my Love - Plug In Digital - $4.99/€4.99 - 822 MB
  • Left-Right: The Mansion - Triple Boris - €4.49 - 972 MB
  • Apocalipsis: Wormwood Edition - Klabater - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: $7.99/€7.99) - 3.6 GB
  • Hopiko - Laser Dog/Merge Games - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: $6.99/€6.99) - 310 MB
  • Knock 'Em Down! Bowling - D3 Publisher - $14.99/€14.99 - 103 MB
    burymemylovekzfmm.jpg
    left-rightthemansionxgc8c.jpg
    apocalipsiswormwooded0ace0.jpg
    hopikozyiwa.jpg
    knockemdownbowlingoecue.jpg
  • OutRun - Arcade - M2/Sega - $7.99/€6.99 - 110 MB
  • Kizuna Encounter: Super Tag Battle - NeoGeo - SNK/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99 - 105 MB
  • Grab Lab - Forever Ent. - $4.99/€4.99 - 344 MB
  • Inside My Radio - Seaven Studio - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.8 GB
  • Ethan: Meteor Hunter - Seaven Studio - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.2 GB
    segaagesoutrunhce9x.jpg
    acaneogeokizunaencoun1jdxw.jpg
    grablabvid7l.jpg
    insidemyradio4ofvd.jpg
    ethanmeteorhuntergmevz.jpg
  • Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition - Bandai Namco - $49.99/€49.99 - 13.1 GB
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Nintendo - $59.99/€59.99 - 2.5 GB
  • Hive Jump - Graphite Lab - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.4 GB
  • Stellar Interface - ImaginationOverflow - $12.99/€12.99 (Preorder sale: €11.69) - 259 MB
  • Snowboarding The Next Phase - RedBullMediaHouse - $9.99/€9.99 - 680 MB
    talesofvesperiadefinibjck2.jpg
    newsupermariobros.ude8viog.jpg
    hivejumpxrf39.jpg
    stellarinterfaceqai28.jpg
    snowboardingthenextph96c25.jpg
  • Voxel Sword - Sat-Box - $7.00/€6.00 - 399 MB
  • Clock Simulator - Kool2Play - $3.99/€3.99 - 104 MB
  • Bubble Shooter DX - EntwicklerX - $2.99/€2.99 - 27 MB
  • Fragment of Marine - Mediascape - $4.99/€4.40 - 78 MB
    voxelswordemft2.jpg
    clocksimulatort2fl6.jpg
    bubbleshooterdx00cxf.jpg

- Japan
  • A-Kei Otaku - Worker Bee - ¥980
    a-keiotakumherq.jpg

- Late regional releases
  • Battle Princess Madelyn - Causal Bit Games - €14.99 - 1.5 GB *EU*
  • Gem Crash - Double Drive - €4.99 (Launch sale: €3.34) - 279 MB *EU*
  • Overdriven Reloaded: Special Edition - Mailys Brouste - $7.99 - 197 MB *NA*
  • Guns of Mercy - Rangers Edition - Storybird - $11.99 - 347 MB *NA*
  • Samsara: Deluxe Edition - Marker - $9.99 - 339 MB *NA*
  • Number Place 10000 - SUCCESS - $5.89 - 50 MB *NA*

manksalot

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Hey do folks have a recommended Solitaire title for Switch? Klondike is what I'm looking for, other modes appreciated but not necessarily required.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
What are some good Switch podcasts?

Obviously the official Nintendo Power podcast but any others?

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Impressions time!

Everything is a really beautiful and relaxing experience - something I appreciate after the frantic exploring and attacking in Caveblazers! Some have argued it's not really a game - and maybe they're right - but I've had a great time exploring it thus far. The scope of it is impressive and it's neat seeing just what you can play as - the scale got much larger than what I had expected! The audio quotes you can find are rather thought-provoking. The Switch port seems solid but in docked mode (the only way I've played so far) the graphics seem soft - not sure if that's the intent or if other consoles are sharper. With that said it doesn't affect the game at all and maybe even does it a service as it feels a bit surreal. No slowdown encountered even when I was controlling large amounts of creatures/entities. If you like the look of it, are open to it just being an open-ended experience and want something relaxing then it's definitely worth considering. I took a gamble at the 20% pre-purchase price and am quite happy with it.

Everything is on Switch? That's cool. It's a really great experience and the perfect thing to 'play' in bed before sleep.
The game looks soft even on PC Max settings. I guess that was their intent.

Crossposting from the Outrun thread.

Well I'm a bit pissed.
This is not up to M2's standards, where the hell is the rumble?
Outrun was one of the first games to have it, and was pretty freaking heavy, why the hell it isn't emulated at all? It's so weird crashing and going off road and everything is still so smooth and quiet... I'm puzzled that people who downloaded the JPN version weeks ago didn't notice it or reported it at all
And yes, Outrun's rumble is definitely part of the experience, don't undermine it's importance when you're trying to recreate and experience the best possible arcade experience at home.
Le sigh 😔

edit:
And btw how do leaderboards work?
You can choose many difficulty levels but I don't see different boards separate by those settings? What am I missing?

So the 3DS version is still superior? Man, that 3D screen was perfect for it.