OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Nah, at the end I went to a mall center close to my house, I try to avoid them because I prefer to give my money to small local stores.

They can't run out of stock, because this store instead of a card, is giving you a ticket with a number.

And now I'm playing 'OutRun', so today it's a happy Sega day for me :)

Believe or not, this is my first 'Outrun' 60 FPS experience because I never played the 3DS version, and now I have tears of pure joy.

I can't wait for the Sega Ages 'Space Harrier' version.

For me, 'Space Harrier' is the equivalent of 'Phantasy Star' for you.

My most beloved Sega classic.

Until 2015 I still had a Wii connected to a big tube TV in my room, only to play my daily session of 'Space Harrier' and 'Super Monkey Ball'.

I'm the opposite: played lots of OutRun over the years, but only played the Master System port of Space Harrier, so I'm excited to play the Ages release!

And here's a *shameless plug* friend of mine playing the main theme:

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I'm the opposite: played lots of OutRun over the years, but only played the Master System port of Space Harrier, so I'm excited to play the Ages release!

Haha, the level of Sega madness of you, Brazilian people, will never cease of amusing me :)

All of that said, this video don't surpass your Phantasy Star birthday cake.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Hey all! Just got a bigger SD card, what's the easiest way of moving stuff across? I have Nintendo online is it easier to back up saves of games on card and just archive them and download again?

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Hey all! Just got a bigger SD card, what's the easiest way of moving stuff across? I have Nintendo online is it easier to back up saves of games on card and just archive them and download again?

Save files are stored in the Switch internal memory, so you don't need to worry about them.

Simply, copy all the content from a SD card to the other in your computer.

And this should work, no need of downloading the games again.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

If you have a PC, it's as simple as copy/pasting the contents of one card to the other.

If you have a Mac, the only real option is redownloading.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I played so much Space Harrier on .
The Turbo Grafx 16 - I loved that game.

Man I would love to see some of those old Turbo games get a Sega Ages like treatment, but most of them are in licensing limbo and what, the Wii was the last time you really buy a wide range of TG-16 games digitally. I know they don't sell too well, but I would still kill to have that full library back without having to go through emulation and roms etc.

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018

Man I would love to see some of those old Turbo games get a Sega Ages like treatment, but most of them are in licensing limbo and what, the Wii was the last time you really buy a wide range of TG-16 games digitally. I know they don't sell too well, but I would still kill to have that full library back without having to go through emulation and roms etc.
Same, would really love some TG16 gems to pop up in the eShop, Blazing Lasers and what not. Are there more licensing issues now than during the Wii days?

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I think that some mod should add the phrase "Phantasy Star birthday cake party" under the nickname of OrakioRob .

He deserves this status, because he became one of the greatest legends of Era with this photo :)

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Oh, this is good stuff. The 3-D Glasses are a nice touch. 😎

I think that some mod should add the phrase "Phantasy Star birthday cake party" under the nickname of OrakioRob .

He deserves this status, because he became one of the greatest legends of Era with this photo :)

I approve of this.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I'll gladly third this. Is 'Orakio' a reference to something from Phantasy Star?

We're talking about OrakioRob, of course it is :)

https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/Orakio

latest

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017

I'm sort of expecting Konami/Hudson to do a TG16 line on Switch given they did on Wii VC, PSN and Wii U VC. Even if they didn't sublicense 3rd party stuff they'd still have a bunch of worthwhile releases: Bonk 1-3, Star Soldier series, Bomberman 93/94, Neutopia 1-2, Gradius 1-2, Rondo of Blood, Blazing Lazers, Parodius, Lord & Gates of Thunder, Dungeon Explorer 1-2, Military Madness, Alien/Devil's Crush, New Adventure Island, Detana Twinbee, Salamander, Panic Bomber, Star Parodier, Zonk 1-2, Chew Man Fu, etc, etc.

Maybe they'll do MSX for Japan too, which we can easily import this time. :)

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
By the way, very disappointed with the Sega Ages 'OutRun' version, of not having an option to play with a 4/3 screen ratio at full screen.

Basically, there is an option to play in widescreen, but if you want the original aspect ratio of the arcade game, this only can be done with a ridiculously small screen simulated inside a cabinet, something that is even worse in the Switch small screen.

Not a fan of playing classic games with these modern additions.

'OutRun' lives in my memory as a 4/3 game.

Even more, the widescreen version takes the same aspect ratio of a 3DS screen. But if you want to adjust this to full screen in 16/9, instead of letting a margin only in the horizontal sides and filling the entire vertical part, it will stretch the entire image.

Not a problem, because there is a minor difference in size between the default widescreen version with some small borders, and the full screen stretched version.

But it's once again disappointing, coming from M2.

Instead of creating a definitive version of 'OutRun', they have simple transferred all the past work from the 3DS version to this Switch version, plus some new songs that are far from the charisma of the originals.

The positive thing is that the physics of the new engine are impressive. Now the car will react to the surface in this arranged mode.

So in addition to the 60 FPS, it's like to play a modern and contemporary racing game, with modern physics and a modern feeling in the controls. That at the same time, it's 'OutRun', the most iconic driving game ever made.

But I still miss the option to play an accurate recreation of the original in full screen, instead of in a tiny fraction of the screen.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Lol, that would be awesome ^_^

I'll gladly third this. Is 'Orakio' a reference to something from Phantasy Star?

We're talking about OrakioRob, of course it is :)

https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/Orakio

latest

Exactly!

Orakio from Phantasy Star III, the "black sheep" of the Phantasy Star family -- and a game I love. The music is wonderful, the colors look amazing and the way the medieval plot mixes with the sci-fi anime stuff is beautifully weird. I know many people hate the game because it doesn't feel like Phantasy Star, but I find it fascinating and a real joy to play.

Nabbit , that was a very simple vanilla cake. She printed the image on rice paper using edible ink and fixed it using... I don't know how they call it in English, Wikipedia tells me "dulce de Leche". Since then, she got into a cake designer course and now makes amazingly complex cakes! Maybe someday she'll make me an upgraded "Phantasy Star AGES" party ^_^

Double

Nov 1, 2017
By the way, very disappointed with the Sega Ages 'OutRun' version, of not having an option to play with a 4/3 screen ratio at full screen.

Basically, there is an option to play in widescreen, but if you want the original aspect ratio of the arcade game, this only can be done with a ridiculously small screen simulated inside a cabinet, something that is even worse in the Switch small screen.

Not a fan of playing classic games with these modern additions.

'OutRun' lives in my memory as a 4/3 game.

Even more, the widescreen version takes the same aspect ratio of a 3DS screen. But if you want to adjust this to full screen in 16/9, instead of letting a margin only in the horizontal sides and filling the entire vertical part, it will stretch the entire image.

Not a problem, because there is a minor difference in size between the default widescreen version with some small borders, and the full screen stretched version.

But it's once again disappointing, coming from M2.

Instead of creating a definitive version of 'OutRun', they have simple transferred all the past work from the 3DS version to this Switch version, plus some new songs that are far from the charisma of the originals.

The positive thing is that the physics of the new engine are impressive. Now the car will react to the surface in this arranged mode.

So in addition to the 60 FPS, it's like to play a modern and contemporary racing game, with modern physics and a modern feeling in the controls. That at the same time, it's 'OutRun', the most iconic driving game ever made.

But I still miss the option to play an accurate recreation of the original in full screen, instead of in a tiny fraction of the screen.
Also, other users have criticized the lack of rumble in this OutRun Release.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Random question but does anyone have impressions of Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory? I just stumbled across the trailer and it looks interesting.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I know it's probably unlikely, but my dream is for Atlus to pull a Final Fantasy in a future direct and announce Persona 5 R followed by "and in the meantime, Persona 3 and Persona 4 are coming in a few months!"

Also another Devil Survivor, but that's neither here nor there.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Random question but does anyone have impressions of Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory? I just stumbled across the trailer and it looks interesting.
I played it on PS4. The combat is very reminiscent of Valkyrie Profile. Though there's no town/dungeon exploration or anything. You make strategic decisions regarding your nation between battles. And you're pretty much just jumping between those two things for the whole game, or as much of it as I played.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Minit.

A short but really enjoyable experience. And funnily enough, other than the obvious inspiration of Zelda, it reminded me a lot of this old Cartoon Network web game my little sister and I used to play called Cartoon Network Summer Resort, Which we both have very fond memories of, that I honestly kind of forgot until I played this game.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure that it has been 100% spelled out before, but Brjann at Image & Form today said (in a local newspaper in Gothenburg) they will indeed release a new Steamworld game during 2019, although the exact release date is yet a secret. It will revolve around steam-driven robots as before, but no more details than that about the game.
However, elsewhere in the article he mentions "12-18 months" as the development time for a game, which (to me at least) might indicate a first half 2019 release of the game.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure that it has been 100% spelled out before, but Brjann at Image & Form today said (in a local newspaper in Gothenburg) they will indeed release a new Steamworld game during 2019, although the exact release date is yet a secret. It will revolve around steam-driven robots as before, but no more details than that about the game.
However, elsewhere in the article he mentions "12-18 months" as the development time for a game, which (to me at least) might indicate a first half 2019 release of the game.

Hell yea

Hope it's Dig 3 rather than Heist 2

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Awesome, I have only played SW2 but it's one of the best games I've played on switch.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's probably unlikely, but my dream is for Atlus to pull a Final Fantasy in a future direct and announce Persona 5 R followed by "and in the meantime, Persona 3 and Persona 4 are coming in a few months!"
Honestly, that's my greatest gaming hope.

P4G is one of my all-time favourite games, and I fear it will be lost forever once our Vita batteries start to die (other than on PSTV, I guess).

At least P3 can probably be played on a PSP emulator.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! I am in regardless of what they will offer, lol. Hoping for Heist 2 though, Hollow Knight and now Monster Boy gave me enough action platformer goodness for now.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Honestly, that's my greatest gaming hope.

P4G is one of my all-time favourite games, and I fear it will be lost forever once our Vita batteries start to die (other than on PSTV, I guess).

At least P3 can probably be played on a PSP emulator.

A P3 and P4 rerelease with all of the P4G and P3P/FES content would be the dream, but I'd take direct PS3 ports too. It's crazy we still don't have a comprehensive version of P3.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
THE MISSING

Well, end of the road for me and Swery's White Owls studio first game (afaik). I don't think he actually directed it tho, or did he?

I made it to Chapter 11 of THE MISSING and now I'm going to delete it. I don't see myself ever returning to it. It's a good game, don't misunderstand me, just clearly not for me and not what I was expecting from looking up just a few videos. It's a straight up Puzzle-Sequence Platforme, where you enter a new room/area and have to solve its puzzles to progress using the ability to hurt/dismember yourself/catch fire/switch gravity so to reach previously unreachable platforms/activate machinery to progress to the next room/area screen.

Nothing to do with Limbo/Inside/Another World etc.

More in common with Umihara Kawase, tho I like the latter because it's physics based and uses the GOAT item (grappling hook system).

But if you enjoy puzzle-platformers the game's legit and I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it because it's well done and original/interesting enough.

I'll pass and start playing my copy of Planet Alpha instead.

Last edited:

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Someone who has advanced into 'Caveblazers' can confirm if the Arena Mode, sold as a DLC in Steam, is included in this Switch version?

I can't see the floating portal in the central lobby, to enter in this score attack arcade mode.

I don't know if they haven't included the mode, if they plan to release this in the future also as an additional DLC, or if you need to unlock the mode in this version by completing the game.

The main reason of why I have double dipped in this version is to have the Arena mode, because I already have the base game in Steam.

If they release this as a DLC, I don't mind to purchase the DLC in Switch.

But if this mode is missing and it will not be included, I will feel pissed, of having paid for an incomplete version.

EDIT:

Forget what I said, by looking at the trailer, the Arena mode is listed in the included content. It seems that in this version, it needs to be unlocked.

Last edited:

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
That's not a Grasshopper game. Grasshopper is Suda51's studio, this is a Swery65 game.

Yeah of course, lapsus there. Thanks for letting me notice, edited.
Btw is this really Swery's game? I was under the impression he produced it as White Owls' first release.

I mean you can see a bit of him like you can see a bit of Suda in almost every Grasshopper games, but I'm skeptical of him actually having directed the game.

Last edited:

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
Spending some time with Hopiko. That soundtrack...!

https://laserdoggames.bandcamp.com/album/hopiko-deluxe-edition

The game itself revolves around flinging your character from one platform to the next in short challenges. Move the stick, release and fly away! Challenge comes from timing jumps, fast movements and platforms with different kinds of characteristics (and of course speed runs, collectibles and apparently no-death runs). Pretty good game, especially with that music blasting through my speakers and perfectly suited for short sessions as well. I believe it still has a release discount running until this Thursday.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Btw is this really Swery's game? I was under the impression he produced it as White Owls' first release.

I mean you can see a bit of him like you can see a bit of Suda in almost every Grasshopper games, but I'm skeptical of him actually having directed the game.
No idea. He's credited as the director, so I suppose he is.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Hidetaka Suehiro Director
Hidetaka Suehiro Screenplay Writer
Syunsuke Ichida Screenplay Writer

Last edited:

JPS

Oct 27, 2017
Spending some time with Hopiko.
I didn't like the one button gameplay very much. It's too simple and if you fail at the end of a section you have to replay too many levels again. It feels like having to replay 5-6 levels in Celeste or Super Meat Boy if you fail - only with much less varied gameplay.

I would rate it somewhere between "weak" and "fair" (+/- 70%). It's better than many other mobile ports, but not interesting enough to recommend it IMO.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Anyone playing Lightseekers here? (that F2P TCG that just came out)

Is it worth investing time into? How does it compare to other popular TCG like Heartstone, Gwent, Elder Scrolls Legends, etc.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
tolkir , a new DLC for 'Dragon Fang Z' has appeared in eShop, 'Extra Dungeon: The Inferno Hollow', priced at €6.99, which adds a new 60F dungeon with the gimmick of being "one room" experiences, with three new bosses, new enemies, items and fangs.

By the way, I know that normally, you add the new DLC released in the summary of the thread.

But in a time in which games has become evolving entities which are expanded with new content, it will be interesting to have a section in the summary also listing the most important content updates added each month via patches, instead of DLC.

Talking about these expansions, 'Death Road to Canada' has been updated in Switch including the new HUMERUS expansion.

Taken from the listing of the Steam release:

HUMERUS Update has launched, with several new major features. 4 player local co-op is now supported. Three new gameplay modes have been added, including Endless and OPP Mode, where you can start with whatever team of rare characters you want. There are additional features, tweaks, and fixes. Read below for a full list of changes.

60b45e7164eb8bdabe1ed38d60b669f3c0311100.gif

Note that this is only a suggestion, I know how much time consuming is to create these threads, and it's not always easy to catch the new updates for each game :)

Also, I think that only the updates that significantly expands the content of a game, should be listed.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Inti Creates president Takuya Aizu tweeted that Dragon Marked for Death was initially planned for the PSP

Via Gematsu

Looks like a fun arcade experience (though I don't like timers). Further, splitting the character situation is definitely an annoyance.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Inti Creates president Takuya Aizu tweeted that Dragon Marked for Death was initially planned for the PSP

Via Gematsu

Looks like a fun arcade experience (though I don't like timers). Further, splitting the character situation is definitely an annoyance.

We're approaching "Duke Nukem Forever" levels of development hell here.

Next they'll say they have a Mega Man Zero 5 GBA prototype that those PSP concept materials are based off of. lol

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
tolkir , a new DLC for 'Dragon Fang Z' has appeared in eShop, 'Extra Dungeon: The Inferno Hollow', priced at €6.99, which adds a new 60F dungeon with the gimmick of being "one room" experiences, with three new bosses, new enemies, items and fangs.

By the way, I know that normally, you add the new DLC released in the summary of the thread.

But in a time in which games has become evolving entities which are expanded with new content, it will be interesting to have a section in the summary also listing the most important content updates added each month via patches, instead of DLC.

Talking about these expansions, 'Death Road to Canada' has been updated in Switch including the new HUMERUS expansion.

Taken from the listing of the Steam release:

Note that this is only a suggestion, I know how much time consuming is to create these threads, and it's not always easy to catch the new updates for each game :)

Also, I think that only the updates that significantly expands the content of a game, should be listed.

Yeah, I knew it. I stopped to mention DLCs because almost nobody looked them or talk about it.
Next time, I'll try to select those that appear on the European PR and have enough content.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 14 - Forever Forest - Fictive Studio - $14.99/€14.99 - 237 MB
  • 14 - Bash the Bear - FuryLion Group - $4.99/€4.99 - 135 MB *01/16 on NA*
    --
  • 15 - Onimusha: Warlords - Capcom - $19.99/€19.99 - 9.6 GB
  • 15 - The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series - The Final Season Episode 3: Broken Toys - Telltale Games
  • 15 - Mars or Die! - 34BigThings - $19.99/€19.99 - 843 MB *01/18 on NA*
    --
  • 16 - Planet RIX-13 - Sometimes You - $4.99/€4.99 (Preorder sale: $4.24/€4.24) - 127 MB
  • 16 - Blaster Master - NES - Sunsoft - Nintendo Switch Online required
  • 16 - Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - NES - Nintendo - Nintendo Switch Online required
    --
  • 17 - YIIK: A Postmodern RPG - Ysbryd Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 3.7 GB
  • 17 - Feudal Alloy - Attu Games - $16.99/€14.99 - 1.6 GB
  • 17 - Hell Warders - Anti Gravity/PQube - €14.99
  • 17 - Octahedron: Transfixed Edition - Demimonde/Square Enix - $12.99/€12.99 (Preorder sale: $9.74/€9.74) - 373 MB
  • 17 - Dragon's Lair Trilogy - Digital Leisure - €19.99 - 6.9 GB
  • 17 - Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force - Idea Factory/Ghostlight - $39.99/€34.99 - 8.1 GB
  • 17 - The Shrouded Isle - Kitfox Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 999 MB
  • 17 - The Office Quest - 11Sheep - $11.99/€11.99 - 710 MB
  • 17 - Holy Potatoes! We're in Space?! - Rising Star Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 999 MB
  • 17 - Dying: Reborn - Coconut Island Games - $9.99/€8.39 (Preorder sale: $7.99/€6.71) - 3.3 GB
  • 17 - Mega Mall Story - Kairosoft - $12.00/€10.00 - 189 MB
  • 17 - NeoGeo game - NeoGeo - Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • 17 - Crazy Strike Bowling EX - Corecell - $9.99/€9.99 - 3.5 GB
  • 17 - Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes - Arcade Distillery - $9.99/€9.99 (Preorder sale: €7.99) - 160 MB
  • 17 - Build a Bridge! - BoomBit Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 241 MB
  • 17 - Gunman Clive HD Collection - Horberg Productions - $3.99/€3.99 - 143 MB
  • 17 - Bedtime Blues - Forever Ent. - $9.99/€9.99 - 399 MB
  • 17 - Left-Right: The Mansion - Triple Boris - $3.99 - 972 MB *NA*
  • 17 - Nitro Ball - Arcade - Data East/FTE Games - €7.99 - 71 MB *EU*
    --
  • 18 - Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Grasshopper Manufacture - $29.99/€29.99 - 5.6 GB
  • 18 - Fight of Gods - Digital Crafter - $12.99/€11.29 - 2.1 GB
  • 18 - Old School Racer 2 - Riddlersoft Games - $7.99/€6.99 (Preorder sale: $5.35/€4.34) - 199 MB

Japan
  • 16 - Joy Mech Fight - Famicom - Nintendo - Nintendo Switch Online required

Oct 30, 2017

Why wouldn't he have directed it? Has he been doing anything else concurrently that makes you think that?