Oct 25, 2017
Can't stop playing Into the Beach.

Send help.

Preferably a time traveling mech.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
So the 3DS version is still superior? Man, that 3D screen was perfect for it.

Well the 3DS version doesn't have rumble support either (understandably so) and runs on a much lower-res screen, so "superior" is debatable. Depends on what you want more: super immersive 3D depth or crisp resolution in handheld/TV play with leaderboards and other extras. Thankfully both versions run at 60 fps, feature motion controls, and are cheap enough that it's worth it to own both if you're an Outrun fan just to experience the differences between the two.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, i was hoping it would turn out good. Is it a performance issue?
The port job is terrible, the controls are horribly imprecise, playing it with the stick is pretty much impossible because of the unwanted input it creates. D-pad is literally treated like a keyboard key, so if you want to move 6 tiles you got to carefully press the d-pad 6 times, otherwise the character will move wherever the fuck she wants, it's so bad.

It's a keyboard game with terrible controller support

Except it's on a freaking console and the only way to play it is with a controller

bonch00ski

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded Caveblazers and yeah it's a fun fucking game. I can see putting a lot of time in this one.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well the 3DS version doesn't have rumble support either (understandably so) and runs on a much lower-res screen, so "superior" is debatable. Depends on what you want more: super immersive 3D depth or crisp resolution in handheld/TV play with leaderboards and other extras. Thankfully both versions run at 60 fps, feature motion controls, and are cheap enough that it's worth it to own both if you're an Outrun fan just to experience the differences between the two.

The 3D screen and the way it simulates the arcade cab was really fantastic in the 3DS version though.
I just bought the Switch version, and the first thing I did was look at the credits. So good!

(3DS needed a rumble add-on like the DS)

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

- Games
  • Caveblazers - Yogscast - $14.99/€12.99 (Launch sale: $11.99/€10.39) - 80 MB
  • Neko Navy: Daydream Edition - Fruitbat Factory - $12.99/€10.99 - 222 MB
  • Double Cross - Headup Games - $19.99/€19.99 (Launch sale: $14.99/€14.99) - 332 MB
  • Everything - David Oreilly - $14.99/€12.99 - 1.8 GB
  • Combat Core - MABManz - $19.99/€17.60 - 792 MB
    caveblazersv8i1p.jpg
    nekonavy-daydreamedit2tfqf.jpg
    doublecrossttc60.jpg
    everythinghri0j.jpg
    combatcore0rdxr.jpg
  • Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight - Dangen Ent. - $14.99/€13.99 - 100 MB
  • BQM: Block Quest Maker - Wonderland Kazakiri - $14.99/€12.99 - 201 MB
  • Elli - Bandana Kid - $19.99/€19.99 - 683 MB
  • Lightseekers - Playfusion - Free-to-Play - 122 MB
  • Big Crown: Showdown - Sold Out - $12.99/€12.99 - 4.8 GB
    momodorareverieunderth6etz.jpg
    bqm-blockquestmaker-vofgt.jpg
    elli97f2v.jpg
    lightseekers73e81.jpg
    bigcrownshowdown6fd97.jpg
  • Bury me, my Love - Plug In Digital - $4.99/€4.99 - 822 MB
  • Left-Right: The Mansion - Triple Boris - €4.49 - 972 MB
  • Apocalipsis: Wormwood Edition - Klabater - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: $7.99/€7.99) - 3.6 GB
  • Hopiko - Laser Dog/Merge Games - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: $6.99/€6.99) - 310 MB
  • Knock 'Em Down! Bowling - D3 Publisher - $14.99/€14.99 - 103 MB
    burymemylovekzfmm.jpg
    left-rightthemansionxgc8c.jpg
    apocalipsiswormwooded0ace0.jpg
    hopikozyiwa.jpg
    knockemdownbowlingoecue.jpg
  • OutRun - Arcade - M2/Sega - $7.99/€6.99 - 110 MB
  • Kizuna Encounter: Super Tag Battle - NeoGeo - SNK/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99 - 105 MB
  • Grab Lab - Forever Ent. - $4.99/€4.99 - 344 MB
  • Inside My Radio - Seaven Studio - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.8 GB
  • Ethan: Meteor Hunter - Seaven Studio - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.2 GB
    segaagesoutrunhce9x.jpg
    acaneogeokizunaencoun1jdxw.jpg
    grablabvid7l.jpg
    insidemyradio4ofvd.jpg
    ethanmeteorhuntergmevz.jpg
  • Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition - Bandai Namco - $49.99/€49.99 - 13.1 GB
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Nintendo - $59.99/€59.99 - 2.5 GB
  • Hive Jump - Graphite Lab - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.4 GB
  • Stellar Interface - ImaginationOverflow - $12.99/€12.99 (Preorder sale: €11.69) - 259 MB
  • Snowboarding The Next Phase - RedBullMediaHouse - $9.99/€9.99 - 680 MB
    talesofvesperiadefinibjck2.jpg
    newsupermariobros.ude8viog.jpg
    hivejumpxrf39.jpg
    stellarinterfaceqai28.jpg
    snowboardingthenextph96c25.jpg
  • Voxel Sword - Sat-Box - $7.00/€6.00 - 399 MB
  • Clock Simulator - Kool2Play - $3.99/€3.99 - 104 MB
  • Bubble Shooter DX - EntwicklerX - $2.99/€2.99 - 27 MB
  • Fragment of Marine - Mediascape - $4.99/€4.40 - 78 MB
    voxelswordemft2.jpg
    clocksimulatort2fl6.jpg
    bubbleshooterdx00cxf.jpg

- Japan
  • A-Kei Otaku - Worker Bee - ¥980
    a-keiotakumherq.jpg

- Late regional releases
  • Battle Princess Madelyn - Causal Bit Games - €14.99 - 1.5 GB *EU*
  • Gem Crash - Double Drive - €4.99 (Launch sale: €3.34) - 279 MB *EU*
  • Overdriven Reloaded: Special Edition - Mailys Brouste - $7.99 - 197 MB *NA*
  • Guns of Mercy - Rangers Edition - Storybird - $11.99 - 347 MB *NA*
  • Samsara: Deluxe Edition - Marker - $9.99 - 339 MB *NA*
  • Number Place 10000 - SUCCESS - $5.89 - 50 MB *NA*
Is the NeoGeo Arcade Archives game missing from this list, or did it not release this week or something?

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Oh shit, i was hoping it would turn out good. Is it a performance issue?

Nah, I have it as well and really enjoy it, and it runs fine, but it is very easy to get stumped and the earliest area will lock you out of the rest of the game if you can't solve four puzzles in a row. They aren't that hard but one of them is tricky which often leads to people getting stuck and unable to access the rest. (Which you can do at your own pace, in mostly any order to unlock the next area) It's a very fun game but definitely one you won't be 100%ing unless you're a logic master or cheese it with a video guide. I think I got 26 of the puzzles done on my own, and there are around 40? I still enjoyed my time reviewing the game and if I bought it for that price I'd be satisfied

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Oh hey yeah, there it is, my bad.

So we got Kizuna Encounter this week instead of Ragnagard? Thursday's press release claimed it'd be the latter.

We got that last week. I know they're both very samey looking, but they did indeed launch one last week. For quite a while now the NA PR talks about last week's ACA game instead of the current which is weird

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
What are y'all's favorite eshop games that you believe no one else here owns?
(or barely anyone else if you can't find the former).

Mine is probably still Crush Your Enemies.
Or perhaps Of Mice and Sand.
Or maybe Hyper Sentinel
Or Earthworms
True Fear: Forsaken Souls. It's point and click + hidden object, overall very well done imo (just play it on the hardest setting without any hints). Really enjoyed it and low priced (+ there's a demo on the eshop), I don't think anyone else here owns it (or maybe there was one other person actually, no longer remember).

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
FYI - Bury Me, My Love might have a bug. I get to one point in the game and it crashes with an error message. It reloaded to a point before the crash and crashed again at the same point. Also completely closed out the game and went back in, still crashed at same spot.

Which day was this? I'm on day 12 now and did have a crash, but this happened to me when I checked out the map, but haven't encountered any problems otherwise.

What are y'all's favorite eshop games that you believe no one else here owns?
(or barely anyone else if you can't find the former).

Mine is probably still Crush Your Enemies.
Or perhaps Of Mice and Sand.
Or maybe Hyper Sentinel
Or Earthworms

I own quite a few point-and-click adventure and puzzle games that I like and have seen nobody else talk about.

Other candidates are co-op games Deru: The Art of Cooperation, Conduct Together and Pode (have only seen this game mentioned by one other person in these topics) and 2d platformer Okunoka.

Last edited:

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
The port job is terrible, the controls are horribly imprecise, playing it with the stick is pretty much impossible because of the unwanted input it creates. D-pad is literally treated like a keyboard key, so if you want to move 6 tiles you got to carefully press the d-pad 6 times, otherwise the character will move wherever the fuck she wants, it's so bad.

It's a keyboard game with terrible controller support

Except it's on a freaking console and the only way to play it is with a controller

Are you sure that you aren't experiencing the drifting problem in your Joycon stick?

Have you tried to test the sticks in the configuration menu option of your Switch, to be sure that the undesired inputs are not cause of the game, but because of a default stick?

Normally, when moving a stick in a game, you receive undesired inputs, it's because the stick accumulated dust inside.

So when it's moved in a direction, the dust accumulated inside will make that this direction is still slightly pressed, even when you stop moving the stick.

Some games has been calibrated in ultra-sensitive ways, in which the stick is not keep in the centre position cause of a very small drifting problem, it will continue moving in a direction in a crazy way.

An example of this are the menus in the Sega Ages titles.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure that you aren't experiencing the drifting problem in your Joycon stick?

Have you tried to test the sticks in the configuration menu option of your Switch, to be sure that the undesired inputs are not cause of the game, but because of a default stick?

Normally, when moving a stick in a game, you receive undesired inputs, it's because the stick accumulated dust inside.

So when it's moved in a direction, the dust accumulated inside will make that this direction is still slightly pressed, even when you stop moving the stick.

Some games has been calibrated in ultra-sensitive ways, in which the stick is not keep in the centre position cause of a very small drifting problem, it will continue moving in a direction in a crazy way.

Nah, it's the game

I've experienced the drifting issue with my previous pair of joy cons

Tried this with both my Pro and pretty much a brand new pair of joy cons I just got

Same result

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
That's not true. Games are often more expensive on Xbox One compared to PSN and even on PC games are often more expensive on GOG than on Steam. Steam/PSN are the cheapest and XO/Switch the more expensive in many cases. Developers will always adjust to the marketplace - that's not greed it's how good businesses operate.
Any examples? I've never heard of this before but I don't own an Xbox. If you're talking about sale prices, that makes more sense. But I've never heard of a game with a higher base price on Xbox Live compared to PSN. Certainly not "often" as you say. Which is what is happening with quite a few games on the eShop.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam

Lately I'm having INSANE drifting issues with my JCs but I mainly notice it in the menus where, without me pressing any direction, the cursor will just move as if I was pressing down then the cursor. The weird thing is that when I test the sticks in the settings menu this doesn't happen at all, if I don't touch the stick the cursor just stays in the center and that's it. I really don't get it.

I am trying to hold on to these hoping Nintendo will make a revision for them because I would really hate to fork 90 bucks for new ones and have Nintendo release better ones right after but... Yeah, this is really really annoying me.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
Adventure games The Raven Remastered and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 have been added to the coming soon section as well as Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy.

JPS

Oct 27, 2017
Any examples? I've never heard of this before but I don't own an Xbox. If you're talking about sale prices, that makes more sense. But I've never heard of a game with a higher base price on Xbox Live compared to PSN. Certainly not "often" as you say. Which is what is happening with quite a few games on the eShop.
Yes, in the case of XO vs. PS4 it's mostly sales prices, but we live in an age of sales as all games go on sale very soon, so I don't care about list/launch prices and compare sales prices. Sales are one of the reasons why games start with high prices on Switch IMO - so the developers can offer higher discounts, because unfortunately this is how they generate most revenue. Without high launch prices and large discounts they can't generate visibility in the long run.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, in the case of XO vs. PS4 it's mostly sales prices, but we live in an age of sales as all games go on sale very soon, so I don't care about list/launch prices and compare sales prices. Sales are one of the reasons why games start with high prices on Switch IMO - so the developers can offer higher discounts, because unfortunately this is how they generate most revenue. Without high launch prices and large discounts they can't generate visibility in the long run.
Except they don't offer higher sale prices on the Switch. The games start with a higher base price and they get smaller discounts during sales. Moonlighter being the most recent example. The "sale" price for Moonlighter on Switch was just the base price for the game on PS4.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Lately I'm having INSANE drifting issues with my JCs but I mainly notice it in the menus where, without me pressing any direction, the cursor will just move as if I was pressing down then the cursor. The weird thing is that when I test the sticks in the settings menu this doesn't happen at all, if I don't touch the stick the cursor just stays in the center and that's it. I really don't get it.

I am trying to hold on to these hoping Nintendo will make a revision for them because I would really hate to fork 90 bucks for new ones and have Nintendo release better ones right after but... Yeah, this is really really annoying me.

Have you tried with compressed air? Try to search in Era Joycon+compressed air, or Joycon+drift.

In a worst case scenario in which you can't fix this with compressed air, you always have the option of buying a replacement stick for €3/€6 in Amazon.

While to open the Joycon it's a bit tricky, at the end I fixed my left Joycon with this method.

Nintendo REALLY needs to change the design of the Joycons with a new Switch revision.

In my opinion, it's the biggest hardware fault.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

https://www.resetera.com/threads/joycons-are-terrible.92113/page-4#post-16690613

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

We've been discussing base prices, not sale prices. That's an entirely different discussion.

Deleted member 33571

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Nice coincidence with the Uurnog discussion this morning:

We are excited to announce that the price of Uurnog Uurnlimited has now been PERMANENTLY REDUCED to $9.99 USD on PC/Mac and Nintendo Switch (confetti emoji)

Nov 15, 2017
Philippines
Discount won't show until the game launches.
Really? Just from experience, all the Devolver Digital games I preordered had the 30% discount on them. So you are saying the discount only applies to those who will not preorder. Which would seem bad for Devolver for "betraying" those who did :) Anyway, I'll still buy it regardless of discount :)

Edit: I just rechecked it and I get it, it is not open for preorder yet, hence the no discount :)

Last edited:

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
+1 for playing Shining Resonance Refrain.
I just finished Chapter 3 and I'm actually enjoying the game more than I expected to

Pros
-Pacing is pretty good in this game.
-Characters are just okay but the overall story is good enough to keep me intrigued
-The battle system is really good, not to simplistic and deep enough for interesting customization
-You have the ability to control each character
-Good variety of enemies and pretty good boss fights thus far
-Side quests are plentiful, rewarding, and well organized
-I'm not into the whole waifu simulator thing, but affection events are handled well in this game and effects battles

Cons
- Level spikes in new areas. I got destroyed in late Chapter 1 due to this and now I just clear areas as I'm traveling then camp out. Not too bad however it is a little time consuming
-They could have left the dating events out of this game. I'm literally walking around town on a date by the end of Chapter 3
-Camera is awful @ times during battles
-Your party's AI during battles is average @ best

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
- Level spikes in new areas. I got destroyed in late Chapter 1 due to this and now I just clear areas as I'm traveling then camp out. Not too bad however it is a little time consuming
I noticed that by around chapter 3 or 4, the bosses would have HUGE difficulty spikes, but then it occurred to me why this was happening. It was because aside from the main character, I was always rotating my party to ensure nobody was underleveled, but this meant that usually everyone was underleveled aside from the MC. & the only way to get the items to equip so characters can still earn XP when not in the party is to do enough side-quests from the alchemist kid until you get the one where you gotta get a random drop from a specific strong enemy, THEN learn the recipe to actually make said item.

I'm much farther, on ch. 6 and all party members have joined, but I had to take quite a break due to just how repetitive it was getting and how unfun the boss battles were becoming.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any fixing a drifting left Joycon or do I need to buy new ones?

Last edited:

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
You should be able to send it into Nintendo who told me that they will repair it for free. I just sent mine in a few days ago, hopefully should prove more cost effective than buying another one.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

The very first time I had drifting issues on my R Joycon, Nintendo's CC told me controlles' refurbishmen/repairs would have to be paid for because of normal wear.

So I gathered a bunch of links to discussions on message boards and used those as proof it was a factory/built issue and not my fault.

It worked.
In the meantime I had 2 other joycons fail on me, all repaired and given a warranty extension.

This is why it is SUPER important to keep adding posts to this thread with testimonies on your joycons suffering from these or other issue.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
A fun anecdote about the success of the eShop and Switch in my country, Spain.

This morning I went to the local store in which I always buy eShop cards, to buy a €15 card to purchase 'Caveblazers' and 'OutRun', because I need to double-dip in games that I already have in Steam or other systems and that I will never play for the fault of the damn 'Into the Breach' :)

They were out of stock, all the cards. And the shopper said me that while he has talked with his distributor to re-stock the eShop cards, due to the CRAZY demand in January, he can't supply the store in the incoming weeks.

Deleted member 59

Just finished The Messenger. First half of the game was fantastic, second half took a bit of getting used to but ended up being almost as good. Definitely in my top 3 Switch titles from last year alongside Celeste and Hollow Knight.

Finished just in time to dive in to Tales of Vesperia and prepare for Dragon Marked for Death, I hope the latter delivers!

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I checked out that YIIK game.. it amazes me how they can put so much effort into making the environments and player models look nice, and almost none in the HUD/menus. The load times seem insanely long, too.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This morning I went to the local store in which I always buy eShop cards, to buy a €15 card to purchase 'Caveblazers' and 'OutRun', because I need to double-dip in games that I already have in Steam or other systems and that I will never play for the fault of the damn 'Into the Breach' :)

They were out of stock, all the cards. And the shopper said me that while he has talked with his distributor to re-stock the eShop cards, due to the CRAZY demand in January, he can't supply the store in the incoming weeks.

Meanwhile, in Brazil...

I went to a store that sells eShop cards and they have this big cardboard with Mario and the message:

Mario [Heart] Brasil

So you ask me, what's wrong with that?

Nintendo doesn't sell consoles in Brazil.

Nintendo doesn't sell physical games in Brazil.

The Brazilian eShop only has first-party titles + a dozen third-party games.

Does Mario really love Brazil? :(

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this the place to ask, but how long would it take for a game to go through certification at Nintendo and release on the eShop?

The devs at Landfall games on Reddit two days ago said the console ports of Stick First The Game were just finished and sent off for certification and I'm just chomping at the bit to play it on the go. I'm expecting a February release but I certainly would be overjoyed to see it this month

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Meanwhile, in Brazil...

I went to a store that sells eShop cards and they have this big cardboard with Mario and the message:

Mario [Heart] Brasil

So you ask me, what's wrong with that?

Nintendo doesn't sell consoles in Brazil.

Nintendo doesn't sell physical games in Brazil.

The Brazilian eShop only has first-party titles + a dozen third-party games.

Does Mario really love Brazil? :(

Nah, at the end I went to a mall center close to my house, I try to avoid them because I prefer to give my money to small local stores.

They can't run out of stock, because this store instead of a card, is giving you a ticket with a number.

And now I'm playing 'OutRun', so today it's a happy Sega day for me :)

Believe or not, this is my first 'Outrun' 60 FPS experience because I never played the 3DS version, and now I have tears of pure joy.

I can't wait for the Sega Ages 'Space Harrier' version.

For me, 'Space Harrier' is the equivalent of 'Phantasy Star' for you.

My most beloved Sega classic.

Until 2015 I still had a Wii connected to a big tube TV in my room, only to play my daily session of 'Space Harrier' and 'Super Monkey Ball'.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, my local GameStop has been out of stock on all but €50 cards since before Christmas.