• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I like Miles (he's cool and he's also done really good in the original game too), I like Peter - but I would LOVE Spider-Gwen (Ghost-Spider) as the protagonist at one point. Doubt we'll get her, though.

Anyway, this game is day one, looks great.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I like Miles (he's cool and he's also done really good in the original game too), I like Peter - but I would LOVE Spider-Gwen (Ghost-Spider) as the protagonist at one point. Doubt we'll get her, though.

Spider-Gwen would be great but honestly they'd need to do a whole new art style for that to really hit. Would be amazing though.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017

eh I'd prefer they kept this series tightly focused on the sibling-esque Parker/Miles relationship and handing off of the torch. they could perhaps give an alt-universe spinoff game to Spider-Gwen though. and a visual swap up would be cool too for that.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
AegonSnake Just look at how they frame the audio matching with the video in this new clip. It's gotta be ray-tracing on buildings.

youtu.be

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - Trailer Recap I PS5

Experience the rise of Miles Morales as the new hero masters incredible, explosive new powers to become his own Spider-Man.

Yay! Honestly I would take spiderman 2018 with rtx reflections as a launch game anytime. I hope they go back and do a patch to update the original game

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Resogun PS3 was like a year after release I think? Little Big Planet 3 and MLB are the only real examples of Sony cross-gen stuff at launch from last gen. I'm pretty sure Sackboy is cross-gen from everything I've heard (they have obviously only said that it's coming to PS5 so far officially).

Just cause Sackboy started development as a PS4 game doesn't mean it'll come to PS4, mind. My gut feeling is that it's moved to exclusively PS5.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I think that Insomniac has stated she hasn't died yet in this universe. That makes sense due to there also being no Green Goblin yet.

I'd rather see Silk introduced if any other spider person shows up
If anything, I could see them hinting at Yuri after her arc in the DLC. Maybe part of another sidequest arc that
hints at her transition to Wraith.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
No. However, for Spider-man on PS4, I have not found information on how many splines were apportioned to (regular and special NPC) characters' hair (then again, not wanting to spoil the game for myself, I did not check too hard). For example:

Here is an image displaying untextured hair cards (different layers of said cards employ different textures), each attached to a spline:

5d2c708b23144.jpg

Presumably, Spidey MM will feature greater number of cards and splines for finer animations (as seen in the trailer) for each character.
Thanks for explanation!

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
"Let's set the scene for the game a little more. It's now wintertime, about a year after the events of the first game. Marvel's New York is covered in snow, and just before Christmas break, a war between an energy corporation and a high-tech criminal army has broken out. Miles's new home in Harlem is at the heart of the battle."

Sounds to me like Roxxon Corporation is going to be involved in this game. My mind will be blown if we get Dario Agger in this universe.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So Miles powers so far are bio electricity and invincibility, his way of swinging is different as well.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't 2.5 years dev time a huge amount of time for a stand alone (expansion)?

Lost Legacy was done in 1 - 1.5 years right?

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they patch the old city with the new improvements.

Any word on faster framerate even as an option on Twitter from developers?

Oct 28, 2017
Man, everytime I see the dude casting some power through his hands I can't stop thinking of InFamous, yes I know super power ain't exclusive to InFamous but the whole super-agile-parkouring hero thing really hits the right notes lol

I'm confident we gonna get a good game once again from them

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Isn't 2.5 years dev time a huge amount of time for a stand alone (expansion)?
Lost Legacy was done in 1 - 1.5 years right?
We don't know how long it will be story wise and all the improvements they made to say if 2.5 years is a good amount of time imo

And Lost Legacy in 1.5 years, I think not all developers can do a such polished game in this short span of time, therefore we shouldn't normalize this timeframe for a spin-off from another developer ^^

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AegonSnake Just look at how they frame the audio matching with the video in this new clip. It's gotta be ray-tracing on buildings.

youtu.be

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - Trailer Recap I PS5

Experience the rise of Miles Morales as the new hero masters incredible, explosive new powers to become his own Spider-Man.
oh nice catch. interesting.

i just realized there are two reflections here. there is a small less obvious reflection right behind spiderman.

HA11AfY.gif

that little reflection looks far more impressive to me than the big one on the right lol.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So Miles is with the energy company right?

Is the energy company going to open up the spider verse?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TLL had the bulk of ND's focus. Only 40-50 people were focused on TLoU.

For Spidey, presumably they're balancing out 3 projects, which is Spidey 2, Spidey MM and Ratchet.
Thats true. However, they already have Manhattan built already. I dont foresee them needing too many artists doing an overhaul. I suspect engineers will be doing most of the heavy lifting getting next gen features like lighting, ray tracing, snow effects and other enhancements than artists and world designers.

I am sure they are adding a lot of new indoor areas and maybe even outdoor setpieces, but i dont think splitting between three teams would be a big issue.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Nice catch! What says you, Dictator ?
I put it on the list of games using RT in the video I put out!

But in that scene, as much as I love saying things are RT, you really need convex or concave surfaces or self-reflections before you can 100% say it is RT reflections. Glass reflections in rooms can be done via planar reflections like seen in Hitman 2:
hitman_2_pc_analysis_ugj6k.jpg

That is the same reason I did not mention it for the Hitman 3 Gameplay footage.

Oct 25, 2017
I was getting a PS5 at launch no matter what, but launching with this game or having it launch a few weeks after the PS5 comes out? Shit, man, I feel good about my decision to go in at launch again.