vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
spider-man-miles-morales-2.jpg
blog.playstation.com

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – An update from Insomniac Games

Insomniac Games shares more about Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, the new standalone game in the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe.
Let's set the scene for the game a little more. It's now wintertime, about a year after the events of the first game. Marvel's New York is covered in snow, and just before Christmas break, a war between an energy corporation and a high-tech criminal army has broken out. Miles's new home in Harlem is at the heart of the battle.
We know a lot of you want to know how big this game is. Our team at Insomniac has been working incredibly hard to bring you a fantastic Miles Morales adventure since we concluded development on Marvel's Spider-Man. You'll experience a full story arc with Miles, one that's more akin to a game like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy in terms of overall scope. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is an important, heartfelt, emotional and essential experience to expanding the Marvel's Spider-Man universe. And we hope it will be for you as well.
spider-man-miles-morales-ps5.original.jpg
We are also excited for the game to demonstrate the power of PlayStation 5 this holiday. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales will show off near-instant loading, ray-tracing, 3D audio and the DualSense controller. We've upgraded our characters with 4D scans and improved skin shading for more realistic looking characters and spline-based hair that moves far more naturally. Many of the city's assets have also been updated to take advantage of the new console. As you experience Miles's story, you'll see, hear, and feel things in a whole new way, all thanks to PS5.

More in the link above.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
It's been great to also work with Bryan Intihar, who directed the first game, as he continues to imagine big things for the Marvel's Spider-Man universe.
Oh and one last thing: Many of you fans have wondered if Peter Parker is OK. Don't worry, we still have much of Peter's story left to tell. But this game is all about Miles, a critical part of our Spider-Man universe, and you won't want to miss what happens.
This basically confirms Bryan Intihar is working on Spider-Man 2.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't 3D audio something in all PS5 games or is it game specific?

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so excited about all these announcements about near-instant loading. I am so over games taking minutes to load.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I can't believe NOTHING about this leaked and it's a LAUNCH GAME. I'm so ready for this shit.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
When they say "near-instant" it means to fast travel or to cutscenes/cinematics/set pieces?
I always get confused

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Those side quests better be much improved over the original, some of those were down right boring.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
So they have 3 teams :P

Marcus Smith - Creative Director on Ratchet PS5
Brian Horton - Creative Director on Miles PS5

Probably Bryan Intihar - Creative Director on Spidey 2 (he was on Spider-Man PS4)

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so excited about all these announcements about near-instant loading. I am so over games taking minutes to load.

I mean I don't understand why anyone would be surprised at this. Considering the speed of the PS5's SSD, no game should ever load more than 3 seconds, and that's the worst-case scenario. They should make it a bullet point on the console itself. All games are going to be like this.

blalala

Oct 27, 2017
They should've just showed more of the game in the reveal, being only a few months out, they have to have more then just the cg/cutscene trailer

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
It's a small weird detail but if I look inside a building I'd like to see doors that don't back-up to windows and other impossible structural elements. Really takes me out of the world. Can the power of PS5 deliver?

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
System seller for me lol, the first game has a LOT of heart in it. Plus snowy NYC is magical.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
There it is, confirmation that this is more akin to The Lost Legacy, which is totally fine in the interim between SM1 and 2.

I'm surprised it's only set around a year after the first game, would've expected two.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
They should've just showed more of the game in the reveal, being only a few months out, they have to have more then just the cg/cutscene trailer
There are 5 months in between now and when this will release. I will bet my life savings and then some that you will see more than just the cg/cutscene trailer before it releases.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
So, have they come out and said yet if this is a PS5 exclusive? They seem to keep using vague language, and the fact that all the screens say "captured on PS5" leads me to believe we might see it on PS4.

I only say this as someone who REALLY wants to play this game, but probably won't be able to afford a PS5 this holiday unless it's way cheaper than expected.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't see how it would ever perform well but imagine all those windows ray traced and reflective as you swing by. Hot damn

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
In my veins, it sounds exactly like what I was hoping for. The fact that they call it an essential part of the story suggests to me that significant event will take place here. And at this point I also expect a tease for Spidey 2 at the end. Hype!

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
"An energy corporation" sounds like Roxxon. High Tech Criminal Army could AIM.

Either one being in could be very interesting.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Near instant is clearly going to be the word of this gen. Haha. I'd loved to see a side-by-side comparison kind of like how they did months ago when the tech was in dev.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Basically a nice story as a bridge between SM and SM2. Probably saving Venom as a villain for that.

Watch as turns out to be the best Miles interpretation ever.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
10-12 hours of content if for 39.99 will sell 1:1 with hardware. But I still think we gonna see this as an expansion for ps4.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
So, have they come out and said yet if this is a PS5 exclusive? They seem to keep using vague language, and the fact that all the screens say "captured on PS5" leads me to believe we might see it on PS4.

I only say this as someone who REALLY wants to play this game, but probably won't be able to afford a PS5 this holiday unless it's way cheaper than expected.

I don't think it will be on the PS4.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Cross posting

So they have 3 teams :P

Marcus Smith - Creative Director on Ratchet PS5
Brian Horton - Creative Director on Miles PS5

Probably Bryan Intihar - Creative Director on Spidey 2 (he was on Spider-Man PS4)

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Miles not taking the subway like Peter Parker, he just teleports through another dimension.