• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
8cx benches on par with 8th gen i5 with much better battery life. 8cx Surface will be premium product with cost on par with Surface Pro.
It's not necessarily about the raw performance but many applications have to be emulated still and the performance hit is massive - nothing that I would expect from a "pro" device.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
I've been dreaming about dual screened art device for what seems like forever...

61089412_2398832553470585_3378447564528418816_n.jpg

i got good news for you....

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
It's not necessarily about the raw performance but many applications have to be emulated still and the performance hit is massive - nothing that I would expect from a "pro" device.
3rd party ODM's ARM Win 10 tablets using older SD835 and SD845 launched at $700~800 on the average so 8cx Surface will certainly launch at least more than Core Y version of Surface Pro. Fact of the matter is that the top of the line Qualcomm SoC have more transistors than the current quad core 15W i5/i7.

ARM Surface will be an always on device with similar muscle as Core i5 and much better battery life than Intel 15W SoCs. It will be a premium device. End of story.

Protmind

Oct 27, 2017
I am fully on board the Surface train. Been using a SP4 then SP6 for years at work. Can easily see myself getting a SP7 and this new dual screen device.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I want a "Surface G" for gaming.

Sick of big heavy laptops and desktops.

But I don't want to pay $5000 for one.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for a Surface Laptop that is actually useable without the trash port options of the first two gems.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I've yet to buy a Surface product, if they go for USB-C with the Surface Laptop 3, I'm in.
Also I wonder if they will ever enter the phone market again with a Surface Phone? Still kind of miss my Lumia..

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
ohh what are the rumor specs?

I'll try to find the link later but IIRC was a Forbes article that had this at:

Dual 9"inch screens at a 4:3 ratio when fully opened

LTE / 5G enabled

Lite / Core OS - Lightweight modular platform - big factor will be how they handle the touch enabled portion of the platform; which was apparently a huge Andromeda / Centaurus focus

ATOM 10nm Lakefield - Performance dependent on Lite / Core OS but I've got a lot of faith in present day Microsoft

That's enough to get me interested in dropping my Pro. Rumors of Android / Blue Stacks support could pad out the app gap, too.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Look, I love Android. I really like it as an open OS. I have tried iOS and it just not for me. But Windows OS was great. I think we are ready for another iteration.

That ship is gone. They are not making a new mobile OS. If they make a Surface phone, it will most definitely use Android.
What underlying OS a platform uses is no longer something that is high priority for Microsoft.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Finally. I have been waiting > a year for a surface book refresh. And I hope my wait will come to an end soon.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Microsoft still can't figure out to add USB C to the surface laptop after three iterations, they deserve to fail

Deleted member 19024

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want a 10" surface pro with qhd display

I used to be on board with this sentiment, but I have a Surface Go and, honestly, the keyboard is too small to comfortably type on. I definitely make more typos and have to keep my arms in an uncomfortable arrangement when typing on it, which makes any writing or programming feel like more of a chore. We have a Surface Pro 6 also, and it feels like the perfect size for "doing work". I'm pretty close to being done with my Go. The main reason I've kept it is because I've got the LTE version and it's great for commuting, but honestly, I wouldn't get another after it.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What the Surface Pro also needs is a 120Hz display. Their display looks ancient next to an iPad Pro (which is also much stronger than it).

Also, get a new WiFi card vendor and give us Thunderbolt.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
If they give me a Surface Book 3 with USB-C + Thunderbolt so I can use an external graphics card, I'm all in.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It turns out that the Emperor himself, Satya Nadella, will be in attendance. It could be something big.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
I'm obsessed with the Surface Go, I want one. It looks like a good iPad alternative and second laptop, but the battery life is a turn off.

Hopefully there's a refresh with better battery life at this event.