• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Hope they upgrade their wireless chips. Its shit tier compared to other laptops, please microsoft, pleaseeee

zelig

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
If none of the 8GB ram SP Pros is fanless, I might take the new SP Go :/ Guess I'll give up on gaming then.

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard rumors of a Go refresh with a Core m3. Hopefully there's a model with 256 GB of base storage that will be sold to the public this time.

Oh man I would be so tempted to upgrade to a Core m3 Go! I love my current one, but it's just a little bit too slow for some touch screen games that I'd really like to play. Gosh, feels like it would be a waste though. I wonder if I could do something with my old one, like mount it on the wall and use it for home automation.

pepe_silvia

Oct 27, 2017
So rumored models of SP7 are:

• Microsoft Surface Pro 7, Intel Core i3, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
  • Microsoft Surface Pro 7, Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
  • Microsoft Surface Pro 7, Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
  • Microsoft Surface Pro 7, Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
  • Microsoft Surface Pro 7, Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD
Still going with 4GB in the cheapest model? :/
Where'd you see that rumor?

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

If that's true, then they all better have a steep price drop from the previous generation.

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
MS should just make an Android device. Recently got a OP7 Pro and Microsoft's the shit out of it. Using the MS Launcher, Edge, and all the other helpful MS Apps. And it is amazing.

I could see MS nailing it on software and really optimizing Android. We desperately need a third player is the mobile arena.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
MS should just make an Android device. Recently got a OP7 Pro and Microsoft's the shit out of it. Using the MS Launcher, Edge, and all the other helpful MS Apps. And it is amazing.

I could see MS nailing it on software and really optimizing Android. We desperately need a third player is the mobile arena.
I agree with this post, especially the bold part.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

When I was on Android that's exactly what I did. Hell, on IOS I still use Edge.

megabyte

Oct 25, 2017
Question:

Given all the rumors are about Surface Laptop and Pro, sounds like nothing is planned for the Book? If that's the case, would it be worth it to trade in the Surface Laptop 1 for the Book? Before the 1 values go even lower?

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Question:

Given all the rumors are about Surface Laptop and Pro, sounds like nothing is planned for the Book? If that's the case, would it be worth it to trade in the Surface Laptop 1 for the Book? Before the 1 values go even lower?

Verge says most likely no Book 3 but I don't think that rules out a spec bump (new processors/thunderbolt).

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019

I've been keeping an eye out because I need a laptop and this is discouraging. It's 2019 and I'm still expected to pay some ridiculous premium for 16 gigs of ram?

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I really want to see a new Surface Book, but I can wait a year or two while using my Surface Pro 4. My wife just got a SP6 and finds it hands over fist better than her work issued Macbook Pro.

Damn right! I can't stand Samsung's software, Google's priority of selling my information as their top priority has caused me to ditch Chrome on PC and Android, and I would like to see their take on an Android smartphone.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Sp7 still having the usb a port and a usb c this time instead of mini display port and a bigger battery. If this isnt happening ill just get a sp6 this holiday sale then.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
My household is rocking two i5 SP3's, I'm going to be looking at this event reallll hard.

I'm hoping the pricing is a bit lower for these 7's, I don't see the cost justification for these tablet-only prices anymore.

Yall think an SP6 is still a good buy in 2019/2020?

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really tempted to check this out

Do it, I finally had to put 3 generations of Windows phone to bed earlier this year and I've fully windows phoned my S9, it was a difficult transition and Android is so damn stubborn with across the board dark mode stuff.

Windows phone keyboard is the greatest of all time and it will never be topped, it physically pains me not having it anymore

Oct 25, 2017
Do it, I finally had to put 3 generations of Windows phone to bed earlier this year and I've fully windows phoned my S9, it was a difficult transition and Android is so damn stubborn with across the board dark mode stuff.

Windows phone keyboard is the greatest of all time and it will never be topped, it physically pains me not having it anymore

There's a few other windows phone launchers, is it generally agreed that this one is the best of the lot?

Agreed about the Windows phone keyboard, I've tried 3 or 4 different android keyboards and none of them feel nearly as good and accurate as quickly swiping on my Lumia 920.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
There's a few other windows phone launchers, is it generally agreed that this one is the best of the lot?

Agreed about the Windows phone keyboard, I've tried 3 or 4 different android keyboards and none of them feel nearly as good and accurate as quickly swiping on my Lumia 920.
Swype is the only one that kinda gets close.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah that's the best launcher, I've tried em all

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Very excited to see the dual screen device. No way I'm getting it but MS has the coolest hardware team so it should be interesting.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018

Microsoft actually maintains their own version of the Linux kernel now thanks to Windows Subsystem for Linux V2.

I wonder if they could make some kind of bastard operating system with the Linux kernel, Windows Phone userland, and just enough Android code to get app compatibility.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, talking about the perfect instrument. This is Apple-level of smelling their own farts, but with even more fluff and waffle. 5 minutes of someone playing a piano.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
That looks pretty nice.
This dude has been watching way too many Steve Jobs presentation videos though.