• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Please tell me that Hispanics taking over Texas nonsense wasn't real

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, glad the dumbass got caught considering that's exactly what he didn't want.

Also "BUILD THE WALL, oh but the president never influenced me".

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
And yet here you were just reposting it with no context. What do you think that accomplishes?

There's no great mystery as to what motivates these racist murderers. Maybe don't spread their bullshit.

Edit - Same goes for that person posting their manifesto. Fuck that.
in this case, it is necessary. he is directly parroting trump showing he is directly complicit. his rhetoric and demonization of hispanics plays a direct part in this.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
My ex is from El Paso, and while she is an incredibly abusive and toxic person, I really hope her family is safe.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Folks, don't post the shooter's manifesto here. They did this to get attention for their views and we're not going to give it to them.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Given how little these right wing extremists get news time, it is blatantly obvious that the masses do not really care for any violence that is not caused by brown muslims when it comes implementing reactionary legislations.

America is god damn fucking joke with an open dumbass racist at the head armed to the teeth guns and nukes that prevents the study of gun violence, says that right wing terrorism is not a threat and the administration of "LAW AND ORDER" threatens another country for following proper procedures.

What a fucking joke.

Deleted member 36543

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
I get that. I'm just noting that, by the numbers, we might as well be in a civil war. It's never going to be two sides digging trenches anymore. That sort of war is extinct (at least until we're in some post-apocalyptic hellscape).

For context, fewer than 5,000 Americans have died in Iraq and Afghanistan combined in the 18 years we've been doing that (and yes, I know that 100,000s of Iraqis and Afghanis have been killed). War is planes and bombs now.

But gun violence in America is something pretty close to, for example, the drug war in Mexico. In terms of body count. And it's fucking sad.
I agree with you too. I'm just saying nothing is going to change until it's something that affects " everyone's" everyday life.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

NBC News @NBCNews

El Paso Police: "Blood needed urgently. Multiple injured transported to various hospitals," after mall complex shooting,

"Blood donation centers Vitalent Blood Services at 424 S. Mesa Hills and 133 N. Zaragoza."

4:48 PM - Aug 3, 2019

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
I own a gun, revolver, sitting in a safe that I haven't touched in years. If there was a buy back program, I'd get rid of mine. I imagine millions of guns would be turned in. People want money more than guns they don't need or maybe bought years ago and no longer want.
The thing is the types of guns youd really want off the streets and out of peoples hands largely dont get turned in in buy backs in the states or people turn them in knowing they can get more. Californias and Floridas they had a few years back pretty much consisted 95% of the types of guns you are referring to, old wood furnished hunting rifles and shotguns. Typically guns that people handed over from deceased relatives and have an extremely and statistically unlikely probablility in being used a crime. With those you also had a bunch people gaming the system with home made zip guns and slam fire shotguns that people made in their garage for $30 then turned in for $200 a pop. Because its also so easy and cheap to get guns in general you have people turning in their $100 saturday night specials for $400 and then going and buying a glock or turning in $400 cheap AR's for double the price and going and buying a colt AR. Same with magazines. When Baltimore had their buy back you had a tonk of people buying up 30round magazines online for $7-10 and selling them back at $25 a piece.

If a buyback was mandatory it means prices go up on everything and youd have less people forking over their stuff especially in todays uneven political and racial climate where a gun is looking better and better for many people.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
So...the right is already running with the "gang related" shooting narrative. That is zero percent confirmed, correct?

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

NBC News @NBCNews

El Paso Police: "Blood needed urgently. Multiple injured transported to various hospitals," after mall complex shooting,

"Blood donation centers Vitalent Blood Services at 424 S. Mesa Hills and 133 N. Zaragoza."

4:48 PM - Aug 3, 2019

I wonder if Pence and Trump have a generic thoughts and prayers statement for every type of American tragedy under their administration saved on their phones and all they have to do is fill in the location.

Deleted member 36543

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Huh?

Substantial regulation could happen without a civil war. For example, manufacturing standards and regulations. Registrations. Limitations on ammunition and gun types. Licencing. Etc.

A constitutional amendment would require massive political and cultural shift. Hence no civil war.

Saying we cant do anything because of a civil war is dishonest, inflammatory, defeatist, made up crap.
I agree with you but it's not going to happen with the Alt right and GOP in power.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
"The civilian version of the AK-47" is such a fucked up phrase. America.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I can't think of a bigger nail in the coffin for the, "good guys with guns" argument than a mass shooting at a Texas Walmart. The only place likely to have a higher concentration of "good guys with guns" would be a military base and we have already had shootings at those.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
There have been 5 significant shootings in the last week alone. Has there ever been this many in such a short period?

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
For Christ sake USA. Get rid of these guns. Guns shouldn't be a hobby or part of anyone's education and culture. It's not the f'in far west anymore. Move on, ban it.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, I don't even know what to say. They're just doing some fucking shopping and now they're dead because of some hateful shitbag and a political class that doesn't give two fucks about preventing tragedies like this.

Fuck all of this.