• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Labs was pretty fun, Noxious Guillotine came in super clutch in this format.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Not a fan of constructed lab. I don't want to have to think about my deckbuilding going into this, and the Runeterra fanbase is hardcore enough that they've already optimized their decks. Kind of ruins the point of a fun drop in evenly matched mode. If I wanted Gauntlet I'd be playing Gauntlet.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of constructed lab. I don't want to have to think about my deckbuilding going into this, and the Runeterra fanbase is hardcore enough that they've already optimized their decks. Kind of ruins the point of a fun drop in evenly matched mode. If I wanted Gauntlet I'd be playing Gauntlet.

Yeah agreed, I preferred the more random aspect of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Does the lab at least pair you with an opponent who selects quickplay when you do? Because if nah, then yeah - fuck this lab

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Damn, what a week. Got 2 Champ WCs + Swain.

Now to decide if I want to make a Swain deck or finally figure out a Lee Sin deck.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Who do ya'll think makes the best Lee Sin pairing? Taric feels kind of like a bait to me, since you're looking to run Zenith Blade for the Overwhelm. I want to say that Draven + Might would be better? But not sure how aggro I'd be trying to build it.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Who do ya'll think makes the best Lee Sin pairing? Taric feels kind of like a bait to me, since you're looking to run Zenith Blade for the Overwhelm. I want to say that Draven + Might would be better? But not sure how aggro I'd be trying to build it.
Lee Sin + Draven has always been the best Lee Sin deck.

Gyroscope

Oct 25, 2017
Official Tournament:

LOR Masters Europe - Chronicles of Targon

playruneterra.com

Legends of Runeterra

Choose your champions, make your move, and be legendary in the League of Legends strategy card game: Legends of Runeterra.

Interesting format, and retaining a team culture which is interesting. Could be a great structure.
Ladder as a qualifier is something. More a fan of open tournaments but this is just the beginning to an official tournament scene, which is good.

Looking forward to watching this!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice!

Also Lee Sin is ALL over Play mode right now. Gor wrecked by a Heimerdinger + Lee Sin deck where they high rolled with triple flash of brilliance lol.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Official Tournament:

LOR Masters Europe - Chronicles of Targon

playruneterra.com

Legends of Runeterra

Choose your champions, make your move, and be legendary in the League of Legends strategy card game: Legends of Runeterra.

Interesting format, and retaining a team culture which is interesting. Could be a great structure.
Ladder as a qualifier is something. More a fan of open tournaments but this is just the beginning to an official tournament scene, which is good.

Looking forward to watching this!

what an exciting way to format a card tourny - very cool ideas already

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They said 9 different decks in a team but what constitutes a different deck? Because on their example line up they have Darius in two decks. Its not unique cards or unique champions or regions. Maybe its just unique champion combinations which means potentially you can bring similar decks by just swapping a few Champs? Something like bring two MF Scouts, one having Lucian and the other having Quinn.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Liking this new Gauntlet although I didn't read the rules super carefully and apparently you can still bring the same region multiple times lol. One person actually brought a triple Bilgewater line up! (Sej + GP, TF + Swain, MF Scouts). I went with 6 different regions altogether because I thought that was standard format.

Doing well with my Ash Nox, Yasuo Leona and MF Lucian Scouts decks at 3-1 right now. Loss was to a Hercarim Ephemeral deck lol.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got 7 wins in the new Gauntlets.

Aside from 2 matches, most players were just playing poorly cobbled together multi champ decks. Made me realize that a lot of players don't have enough Champs to create 3 full strong decks and you can target out their strongest decks.

I brought a very midrange centric line up of the 3 decks I had most experience with (listed above). I ended up playing Ashe + Nox the most and only lost that one game. MF Lucian won all if its game and the Yasuo deck won its single game.

Really though you only need to bring two strong decks that you are fine playing against whatever. So the ban system doesn't really work all that work in a single game format.

Oct 27, 2017
Poodlestrike We should move the OT to Hangouts. It will be lost, and it will get in the way of console/game news/launches.

Haven't built a decks since the Expansion hit... Cogs not turning, game's interest is fading. Doubt even the mini-Expansions can reignite the interest...

• Esports (spectator and tournaments)
• Events
• 2vs2

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Poodlestrike We should move the OT to Hangouts. It will be lost, and it will get in the way of console/game news/launches.

Haven't built a decks since the Expansion hit... Cogs not turning, game's interest is fading. Doubt even the mini-Expansions can reignite the interest...

• Esports (spectator and tournaments)
• Events
• 2vs2
Yeah, it's about time. Can probably move it back when the next region drops.

Also, taking suggestions for a Targon title!

Oct 27, 2017
When the opponent is playing fast, this game is such a please. The flow is exceptional when people aren't stalling and overanalyzing. I had the 7th Expedition match where we managed to finish the game within just a couple of minutes, somewhere at turn 8, but it was obvious that opponent cannot win on turn 6. He had a super aggro-spider deck, but wasted his Elise on turn 2, and managed to deploy enough units/damage spells to stop the rest of the horde.

One more Expedition left this week. I think I am 5-7-X right now. I didn't win the token one, but remember not getting shitfaced either... Perhaps 4 wins on the first one.

I have no idea how are you supposed to level-up Ez in expeditions now. Heimer is kind of back to being ok: the new tri-something card which inflates from 3-mana cards is a useful thing. Getting the double value of a 4 damage hit and 4 mana unit for 4 mana is definitely strong. BUT... I think it is risky to draft champions like him, because the supporting cards are nowhere as frequent as you would have nightfall/daybreak/lastbreath focused picks. AND, if you don't get the champion (or lose it), it is an uphill battle with the combo cards without the main piece.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
This expansion fizzled out quickly for me. Few cards and mostly uninteresting keyword made for limited deckbuilding fun. Really think it was too soon for them to try out this new expansion model, when the game is so recent.

I'm also getting tired of ranking (not just this game but in general) which makes me play less. When is tournament mode coming again?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Targon was kind of a bust for me, but that was never my kind of play style.

Jack the Winner and all the Bilgewater decks though? I can fuck with it. Scouts sticking around helped too. I haven't actually crafted any Targon cards yet, I have any resources to craft the whole set but why bother til I need them?

Oct 27, 2017
I think I am missing 8 champion cards from the new set. Haven't crafted anything. I still have SI new reward track to complete.

The rest of the rarities have also been filling up. I had all the previous sets' Epics, so I expect to finish collecting the Targon ones within a week or two. Rares/Commons don't matter, what cannot be pulled from packs can be crafted with 100+ Rare wildcards.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I finally decided to pull the trigger and round out my full collection. Ended up with 5 legendary, 40 rare and 200 common wildcards.

Being F2P friendly is nice and all, but it feels weird not having anything to work towards. And since they decided cosmetics are 100% premium, those can't be something to work towards either.

This combination of insanely F2P friendly in some ways and money-grubbing to the max in others leaves a really awkward gap in the middle.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of bugs post patch related to Celestial/Beholds. My 15 mana Sol champion spell was not properly discounted until the next turn. Same for my double Obliteration spell which didn't get a Behold trigger despite there being two 8+ mana cards both on board and in hand. Lost one of those games due to the bug.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of bugs post patch related to Celestial/Beholds. My 15 mana Sol champion spell was not properly discounted until the next turn. Same for my double Obliteration spell which didn't get a Behold trigger despite there being two 8+ mana cards both on board and in hand. Lost one of those games due to the bug.
Supernova beholds Celestials, not 8+.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Petty Officer nerfs and Taric package buffs coming in 1.11.

Petty Officer was another insanely consistent Bilgewater card that helps make up the midgame package imo.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It was always sort of crazy when they buffed Petty Officer to begin with. It was seeing play pre-buff.

Oct 27, 2017
7-X-X
Good start.

I don't like the way LoR is being run. It goes against the nature of battle-passes where you get 2 week breaks between Seasons. Feels like we are getting a 3 week Event in-between otherwise empty tracks. The next event is probably Harrowing in like 4 weeks :(

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
LMFAOO he almost had the game with the Skies Descent, lost by 1 HP to Unspeakable Horror.

This deck gives me an idea for a Yasuo + Asol deck...

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
oh god the meta was already lousy with Lee Sin but then Mogwai had to drop a video on the deck and now it's every second match

at least a lot of people clearly don't know how to Invoke properly when playing his build

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Today is patch notes day?

Hoping Aurelion Sol dodges the nerf. Been having fun with him and Yasuo/Leona. Though its the Infinite Mindsplitter that carries the deck/Aurelion Sol.

Last edited:

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
playruneterra.com

Legends of Runeterra

Aurelion Sol: LEVEL UP: Round End: Your allies have 20+ total Power → Round End: Your allies have 25+ total Power

Radiant Guardian: POWER: 5 → 4

Inspiring Mentor: POWER: 1 → 2; HEALTH: 2 → 1

Pix: HEALTH: 1 → 2

Jack The Winner: HEALTH: 6 → 5

Petty Officer: HEALTH: 2 → 1

Bastion: OLD TEXT: Give an ally Spellshield this round. → NEW TEXT: Grant an ally +1+1 and Spellshield.

Cosmic Inspiration: OLD TEXT: If you Behold a Celestial card, grant allies everywhere +2|+2. Refill your spell mana. → NEW TEXT: If you Behold a Celestial card, grant allies everywhere +2|+2.

Grandfather Rumul: PLAY: Grant an ally +0|+4 → Grant 2 allies +0|+4

Hush: OLD TEXT: Silence a unit this round. Create a Fleeting [Hush] in hand. → NEW TEXT: Silence a unit this round. Create a Fleeting [Hush] in hand that costs 1 more.

Mountain Goat: HEALTH: 1 → 2

Dat Bastion buff.... Also Hush will be cheaper and not create copies in patch 1.12.

I'm liking every change here except not touching Living Legends.

Also single player Lab coming up!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Asol probably won't be in a tier 1 deck again, the nerf is substantial. Usually before you could have Mindsplitter plus one other cheap unit then plop down Asol for the level up. The changes puts the level up clock 1 turn later for Asol and that often is a huge difference maker. I think the Warmother deck will end up being better.

Bastion got double buffed when it really only needed one buff.

No Taric buff either. I am fine with the final Hush change though we have to wait 2 weeks for that.

All other changes I generally agree with.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
ledros ramp was already way better than asol ramp. not sure why that nerf was needed. guess complaining on reddit or whatever

Gyroscope

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Bastion granting +1/+1 is too much. I do like the idea of proactively using it to retain the spell shield. Aegis in Eternal. Looking forward to the new Lab.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ledros ramp was already way better than asol ramp. not sure why that nerf was needed. guess complaining on reddit or whatever
Some people thought Lux/Asol was the best deck in the game. Though I think now with Bastion buffed that deck might still be tier 1 because Bastion on Lux is kinda nutty.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm reluctant to make any judgements about the nerfs because my record on predicting the effects of nerfs and buffs is pretty terrible so far (See my above comments on Crackshot Corsair, LOL).

Sad to see another Demacia nerf, especially since Radiant Guardian was so key to Lux decks, but again, I'm so bad at predicting the effects of these changes that I'm reluctant to judge whether it was necessary or not. It will suck to low roll on Remembrance even worse than before.

I am very happy to see the Petty Officer nerf. It was a ridiculous card that frankly did way too much. Unfortunately, going down to 1 health might make him unplayable; I'm wondering if dropping a point of power instead would have been better.

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I agree with all the changes except Bastion. I get that they wanted to see Spellshield a lot but that's a bit much and they clearly already realize that.

Pity for Jack the Winner. Probably my favorite card this expansion. His body was too fucking good though.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Rubin on twitter saying they might revert the Bastion change.

Further in that thread, there are only 2 designers on live balance. Is that typical?

But I am concerned about the thrashing here and there. It's fine to revert some changes when you're wrong or the context changes. But between the Hush and Bastion stuff, it feels a bit... rushed.

niaobx

Aug 3, 2020
Really disappointed with Asol and Radiant Guardian nerfs. God forbid there are actually strong options for late-game decks, instead of the usual aggro burn stuff.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Really disappointed with Asol and Radiant Guardian nerfs. God forbid there are actually strong options for late-game decks, instead of the usual aggro burn stuff.
They nerfed aggro/burn too so it balances out. Warmothers is still a strong late game finisher and the nerf to Asol makes stuff like Karma and Deep more viable options.

Oct 27, 2017
Won all 6 Labs games, was ok. AI is still dumb, and the decks are strong enough to beat whatever AI had without any trouble.

Filled Vault to Lvl 10, my job here is done.