Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yordel is a problem standalone where the card is just good standalone and if it hits the Allegiance its a big payoff. This is unlike all other Allegiance cards in the game that are bad standalone but are amazing if they hit the Allegiance.

May be the case can be made that Yordel is more in line with how Allegiance should be (ie. not as polarizing) but it seems Riot wants Allegiance cards to really only be good if they hit the Allegiance.

And Yordel gets played on other decks aside TF EZ as well. In fact I would say Yordel is fairly weak in EZ TF (not great odds to hit the Allegiance) and is much better in like a Sej Plunder deck which is a very strong deck that relies on Yordel quite a bit.

That's just my 2 cents on why they would change Yordel, they already hinted it in the patch notes for 1.8.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Yordle Grifter is lowkey OP. I'm never sad to drop it on t4 onto almost any board state. I'm hardly sad if the Allegiance misses. It guarantees Rex on 8 with no way to stop it. The free Warning Shot is too valuable.

Hush will never be fast. It will cost 4m before it'll be fast and have the subsequent copies be completely pointless. I understand the concern for having an oppressive card like that in the pool, but I don't think we need to touch it just yet.

Stalking Shadows is the only must-nerf imo.

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
I miss the battle pass and having interesting things to work towards. I just do not care about cards and gems when I am drowning in them.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, for Yordle Grifter the allegiance ability is just a nice little bonus if it happens, but I'm never disappointed if it doesn't go off. He's 100% about dropping a decent body onto the board and getting a Warning Shot for Rex. Wonder if they just take the Warning Shot away from him, though at that point the card is just dead I think. Maybe make him a mini Merchant and have the nabbed card be reduced by 1?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 5 for 5 on 7 win expeditions this set. First time Targon draft, actually was my most challenging one yet. But I can see why it's strong. Namely, people misplay and sit way too passively as I build my Invokes. I would've lost a handful of matches if they were willing to take more open attacks.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, the game is playable again! We survived another week or boredom, our reward is 4 hours of card entertainment until the next Thursday.

df1.jpg

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
how many wins do you need & what do you get?
leagueoflegends.fandom.com

Expedition (Legends of Runeterra)

2 Intrepid Mariner▶️ "Always seeking new horizons." Expedition was a non-Constructed game mode in Legends of Runeterra. Instead of using a pre-built set of cards to compete, players build their decks at the beginning of trials, and as the mode progress. After finishing two trials, the player...

Not enough to bother taking seriously unless you really need shards

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
leagueoflegends.fandom.com

Expedition (Legends of Runeterra)

2 Intrepid Mariner▶️ "Always seeking new horizons." Expedition was a non-Constructed game mode in Legends of Runeterra. Instead of using a pre-built set of cards to compete, players build their decks at the beginning of trials, and as the mode progress. After finishing two trials, the player...

Not enough to bother taking seriously unless you really need shards

Thanks! I'll just pop all these open and grab some Epics. Need some Zaps...

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
riot obviously remembering how incredibly popular raven idol tavern brawls were and trying to recreate that

/s

Oct 27, 2017
5 wins with trolls. Note:trolls themselves have no good late units, needs invoke. The ramp investments are backfiring without asol.

7 wins with my battle bitch Leona + invoke.

One more expedition left, but the interest has never been lower.

etiira

Oct 25, 2017
I adore drafting in magic, but no other game seems to know how to build their own(engaging) spin on it, and Runeterra is especially bad on this front. I spend and auto-surrender three sets every week, mostly because that's one of the best ways I know to let Riot know how I feel about the mode. Seriously, even Arena's watered-down bot drafting modes are better than HS' arena or expeditions - it feels like none of these companies see a good limited mode as worth their dev time, and it's a real fucking bummer.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I adore drafting in magic, but no other game seems to know how to build their own(engaging) spin on it, and Runeterra is especially bad on this front. I spend and auto-surrender three sets every week, mostly because that's one of the best ways I know to let Riot know how I feel about the mode. Seriously, even Arena's watered-down bot drafting modes are better than HS' arena or expeditions - it feels like none of these companies see a good limited mode as worth their dev time, and it's a real fucking bummer.
Artifact had a great draft mode!

it was also probably better than constructed

also draft Magic is much better than constructed too

Oct 27, 2017
Mtg simply makes a ton of their cards for draft. I think that is what sets it apart: huge volume of cards and combos that is only played in limited.

Though i dont like mythic planeswalkers who are game winning cards in themselves.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
There we go, everyone else was getting their 7 win expeditions with the new expansion, I got mine on my second try. The secret was being very skilled at drafting 5x Greenglade Duo.

Absolutely destroyed Targon decks but came up against a Bilgewater deck that Make It Rain'd both my Duos turn 3. Ended up winning because they probably misplayed a spot and left my Overwhelm units alive when I would've been forced to block with them.

Oct 27, 2017
5 7 7 this week
Trolls, Leona Invoke, Noc/Dianna Nightfall

Even though I won a ton, the Epic Capsules were trash: shards and ONE Targon epic each. Meh... If you play a lot, like some of us, there is literally nothing to do in the game progression wise. The game laughed at my Lvl 12 vault too:
yWjkKyl.jpg

(ignore the random youtube video playing on the phone)

Also, our thread just lost the 30% of commentators because of the random ban ;(

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm new to this game, really loving the past few days and ftp-friendly mechanics. I had one question are there really no card or shard based rewards for ranked and gauntlet finishes?

Seems the only way is region tier progression rewards and expeditions (which are awesome)?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You just get some icons for those.

I have a question. If I save my rewards until the next expansion, would I get cards from new expansion or are the rewards already locked in place?

Example: I have a Champion Capsule unlocked but not opened yet. I now have all the champions including all the Targon release ones. I want to save this capsule for next expansion so it gives me a new champion from the new set instead of the 750 Shards it would give normally.

Oct 27, 2017
You just get some icons for those.

I have a question. If I save my rewards until the next expansion, would I get cards from new expansion or are the rewards already locked in place?

Example: I have a Champion Capsule unlocked but not opened yet. I now have all the champions including all the Targon release ones. I want to save this capsule for next expansion so it gives me a new champion from the new set instead of the 750 Shards it would give normally.

Riot said that you when you get the Capsules/Vaults, it is locked to the Expansion that you are in.

This is why I just coast collecting champions/epics, the rewards when your epics/champs get converted to shards are not even worth playing for. That is, of course, until someone realizes that the F2P progression and cosmetics aren't mutually exclusive concepts. I like unlocking stuff, I think most people do, as long as it is not Overwatch-tier lootboxes filler with crap...

Last edited:

Excelsior

Oct 28, 2017

one point of correction here: Champs and Epics are dupe-protected, so you would indeed get one of the new champions if you hold onto the champ capsule. I did it with Ionia, got Lulu right away.

Oct 27, 2017
one point of correction here: Champs and Epics are dupe-protected, so you would indeed get one of the new champions if you hold onto the champ capsule. I did it with Ionia, got Lulu right away.

Sounds plausible if the dup protection can override the set-limits when opening the older chests/capsules:
e36n04z34xe51.png

So in your scenario, the chest would have an old dup champions when you get the chest, however, when you open the chest, the system does another check and rerolls it to the newly released card.

In this case, there is some benefit in saving unlocks for the new expansion.

Excelsior

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds plausible if the dup protection can override the set-limits when opening the older chests/capsules:
e36n04z34xe51.png

So in your scenario, the chest would have an old dup champions when you get the chest, however, when you open the chest, the system does another check and rerolls it to the newly released card.

In this case, there is some benefit in saving unlocks for the new expansion.
the vault != region rewards

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Patch notes out. Stalking Shadows evades a nerf while Hush to be nerfed in next patch (escalating cost). Huge buff to Lee Sin didn't expect it to be brought down to 4 from 6. Yordle Grifter now only gives Warning Shot if you get allegiance so it is now a proper allegiance card. Warchefs nerfed to 1/3, substantial nerf though logical considering there are now support synergies to consider.

Ezrael TF dropping at least a full tier from these changes.

An alright patch with some decent buffs. Also the Cygnus buff is pretty substantial too. Still expect TF Swain to be on top and probably MF Scouts too.

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
I know some of you were bummed about the lack of this, so I just wanted to make sure you didnt miss this piece...

Cross-shard Friend Challenge
  • Friend challenge now available with all friends, regardless of which regional shard they play on.
You should be able to play with whoever now if you have friends abroad!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They fixed the stun bug that I mentioned previously with Infinite Mindsplitter and Hush/Whimsy.

Lee Sin would be pretty strong right now if Hush wasn't in the game.

Last edited:

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Any change to Ezreal will be a half measure as long as Rex counts. Just increasing the numbers only pushes him more into exploiting Rex/Rain.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Any change to Ezreal will be a half measure as long as Rex counts. Just increasing the numbers only pushes him more into exploiting Rex/Rain.
While true, the hit to Yordel Grifter is a substantial nerf to the deck overall. Rex is overall more inconsistent which is by proxy going to make Ezrael less consistent as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah...

The randoms counting as targets is:
• Not in the spirit of what the target spell is
• Not solving the Rex -> level-up issue.

I don't understand why would they keep randoms as targets. Is there another card that would be over-nerfed because of this change?

I know some of you were bummed about the lack of this, so I just wanted to make sure you didnt miss this piece...

Cross-shard Friend Challenge
  • Friend challenge now available with all friends, regardless of which regional shard they play on.
You should be able to play with whoever now if you have friends abroad!

The-Sickening-Its-Happening.gif

Though I am left alone, the grand total of two murican friends have already bailed ;(

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
While true, the hit to Yordel Grifter is a substantial nerf to the deck overall. Rex is overall more inconsistent which is by proxy going to make Ezrael less consistent as well.
I don't care about the power level. I care about Ezreal making sense as a card. He's supposed to be a spellslinger payoff, but right now he's more of a pirate captain because of nonsensical interactions.

Yeah...

The randoms counting as targets is:
• Not in the spirit of what the target spell is
• Not solving the Rex -> level-up issue.

I don't understand why would they keep randoms as targets. Is there another card that would be over-nerfed because of this change?
If they didn't target, you couldn't see what's being hit and protect it. Fizz also couldn't protect himself. I don't think they should change those cards, but just how Ezreal counts. Like Ezreal could say "spells you've cast have targeted" to at least get rid of Rex. Although I don't know if the game can even distinguish skills and spells on the stack.

Edit: Although since Ezreal says "you've targeted", you could argue he already shouldn't count Rex and Rain since they do the targeting for you.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
These balance changes are awful.

War Chefs nerfed, Bilgewater early game buffed, Ezreal nerfed in a boring way that ties him even more to Bilgewater, Flash of Brilliance reverted instead of giving Heimer himself some love. About the only changes I agree with are Yordle Grifter and Overgrown Snapvine (I am not familiar enough with Lee Sin to comment).

The buff to Crackshot Corsair is absolutely nuts and will make it an aggro staple.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Patch notes out. Stalking Shadows evades a nerf while Hush to be nerfed in next patch (escalating cost). Huge buff to Lee Sin didn't expect it to be brought down to 4 from 6. Yordle Grifter now only gives Warning Shot if you get allegiance so it is now a proper allegiance card. Warchefs nerfed to 1/3, substantial nerf though logical considering there are now support synergies to consider.

Ezrael TF dropping at least a full tier from these changes.

An alright patch with some decent buffs. Also the Cygnus buff is pretty substantial too. Still expect TF Swain to be on top and probably MF Scouts too.
MF Scouts will just switch to a more Bilgewater focused list. The new Jagged Taskmaster and Crackshot Corsair are some brutal tools.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care about the power level. I care about Ezreal making sense as a card. He's supposed to be a spellslinger payoff, but right now he's more of a pirate captain because of nonsensical interactions.

If they didn't target, you couldn't see what's being hit and protect it. Fizz also couldn't protect himself. I don't think they should change those cards, but just how Ezreal counts. Like Ezreal could say "spells you've cast have targeted" to at least get rid of Rex. Although I don't know if the game can even distinguish skills and spells on the stack.

Edit: Although since Ezreal says "you've targeted", you could argue he already shouldn't count Rex and Rain since they do the targeting for you.

But the likes of Gold Card, it targets, it gives you an opportunity to respond. Gold Card doesn't count for the Ez, since it auto-targets based on the criteria. I don't think that it is the stack issue.

It is just... an artifact of how random-targeting in LoR is considered a player-selected-targeting. The way Fizz and Spellshield work is just inconsistent, or unexpected.

I don't know the solution, but it doesn't feel intuitive, and I think it will continue being an issue in the future.

So we have:
• Player targeting
• Random targeting
• Auto targeting

I would like Random Targeting to have the same responses as Auto targeting.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
But the likes of Gold Card, it targets, it gives you an opportunity to respond.

Gold Card doesn't count for the Ez, since it auto-targets based on the criteria.

I don't think that it is the stack issue. It is just... an artifact of how random-targeting in LoR is considered a player-selected-targeting.
They wanted Rex and Make it Rain to have visible targets to have more counterplay. They could work like Gold Card, but I don't think they should.

It might be a stack issue in the sense that the game might have no way of knowing how a target on the stack originated. Mystic Shot and Cannon Barrage are both just nodes on the stack with a target. There's probably no flag for "playerTargeted".

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Never been a fan of the multi-deck competitive formats, so I'm not happy that they are gonna lean into that going forward.

The rest of the patch.....lol.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe they buffed Crackshot Corsair that way. Bilgewater Aggro is going to be ridiculous.

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest problem is...

WHERE IS MUH EVENT? Nothing new in the cosmetics side... Zzzzzzzz

Cygnus was such a bad card, together with the 2/5 Fearsome. That Fearsome shitter better get buff next patch, 6 health would make it a decent card capable of surviving Garen or Sejuani. The 4/4 General usually comes in at 7/7 or more, capable of taking down multiple big units, where the Nightfall dude, regardless of how many +1 he has, will still trade with basically any other 5 mana unit.

And the extra burdens on the 2/5 are: You need to trigger nightfall for the bonus... So if you managed to get lots of nightfall plays before, he might not work for turn-5 slam... and if you end up top-decking a unit to win... he comes at 2/5...

Last edited:

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The biggest problem is...

WHERE IS MUH EVENT? Nothing new in the cosmetics side... Zzzzzzzz

Cygnus was such a bad card, together with the 2/5 Fearsome. That Fearsome shitter better get buff next patch, 6 health would make it a decent card capable of surviving Garen or Sejuani. The 4/4 General usually comes in at 7/7 or more, capable of taking down multiple big units, where the Nightfall dude, regardless of how many +1 he has, will still trade with basically any other 5 mana unit.
I keep forgetting Cygnus got buffed. Goddamn was he a bad card.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Guys I'm back to say how much I fucking hate the Ezreal nerf. Probably my least favorite nerfs in the history of the game. The only playable version of him now would be EZ TF with Rex... and that also got nerfed with Yordle (called that change). Ez is dead until we get more multi target spells.

Crackshot buff and cross shard play were big positives at least. Bilgewater looking tasty. I don't think Warchefs was necessary but I understand it.