• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Should be fine. Final Fantasy VII will carry for a few months, then TLOU2, then Ghost, then PS5.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm always for developers taking their time to develop their games and delaying if need be.

However it's a bit disappointing that this couldn't be a PS5 launch game, hopefully it doesn't get lost in the launch of the PS5.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
hard to be disappointed when it didn't even have a release date.
It'll probably be good either way so whatever.
Bet it's a cross gen cross buy PS5 launch tittle now
assuming TLOU2 was delayed to May like Uncharted 4 or June like the first TLOU, Tsushima was probably delayed to September, taking Spiderman's slot from 2018.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Sony first party production has been really disappointing for the last year and a bit. It's good they're willing to delay rather than release a bad game, but since Spider-man there's only been or will be Day's Gone, MLB The Show 19, Concrete Genie, MediEvil Remake, and Iron Man VR through to "Spring 2020".

Here's hoping they're saving some big guns for the PS5 launch, because right now I'm just glad third party support on the PS4 is great...

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they spend even more money on "remasters" when the PS5 is already backwards compatible? Chances are they'll just advertise you can play Ghosts and TLoU on PS5 without having to make a specific version.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Sony first party production has been really disappointing for the last year and a bit. It's good they're willing to delay rather than release a bad game, but since Spider-man there's only been or will be Day's Gone, MLB The Show 19, Concrete Genie, MediEvil Remake, and Iron Man VR through to "Spring 2020".

Here's hoping they're saving some big guns for the PS5 launch, because right now I'm just glad third party support on the PS4 is great...
they have less studios than Nintendo and their new philosophy seems to be "take your time but make it worth it". I think it's fine and even understandable that they slowed down

Hate

Oct 26, 2017

Death Stranding?

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PS5 is backwards compatible.
tenor.gif

Yeah but this game could have been designed with PS5s capabilities in mind. Maybe it still can be though...

I guess the flip side to that argument is this game has probably been in development since Infamous Second son dropped so its probably been internally delayed several times already and there was no way to know it would be pushed back to the launch of the PS5.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
LMAO. Both of these games were the games that were getting mentioned the most in yesterday's speculative delay thread. And just now in TLOU2 thread some were thankful that GoT wasn't announced as being delayed.

Yet.

Didn't expect it at all in the first half of 2020 considering we've seen just a short "demo" and that's it.

Pretty much, although they could have actually given us a lot more before the end of December and then released it Q2.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Quality takes time, or do you want them rushed out like others.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This will proabbly still work out well for Sony, both those games will look good as a black friday deals with the PS5

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
It's fine and I'm not really complaining since third party support is so good right now, but it is disappointing.

Not a first party game, just published by Sony.
They own the ip, engine and published the game.

Insomniac wasn't owned by Sony when Spiderman got released but it's basically the same situation with Death Stranding yet you include it on your lists of games.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I was expecting this game to come out late(r) 2020 either way, would've been surprised if it came out earlier.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
I'm okay with this, was planning on getting it on PS5 anyway. The Last of Us I'll get on day 1 tho, dont want goat spoiled for me.

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FFS, that really sucks that Ghost is also effected. Also kind of weird to announce a release date and then delay it a month later lol.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they showcase a lot of gameplay next year because we haven't seen shit in a long time.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
They own the ip, engine and published the game.

Insomniac wasn't owned by Sony when Spiderman got released but it's basically the same situation with Death Stranding yet you include it on your lists of games.

Fair point. I guess we'll have to see if Death Stranding is any good, because the other first party Sony titles recently have not exactly been lighting the world on fire with their quality, what with Day's Gone being the only larger title and being extremely poorly received.

Overall it's not alarm bells or anything, still plenty of quality content coming to the PS4 - just disappointing to see the two last "big guns" titles be delayed to so late in the life cycle of the console. Can't rush quality, though.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Wth is happening wirh Sony? TLOU2 and now this?
They are making great games, that's is happening.

The only delays that can hurt me is when they are announced very close to the game's release. Like Doom Eternal.
But if some game is released in 6 months, and gets delayed to 8 months, that's fine. I have to wait a long time anyway. For GoT we only have rumored time, so this "delay" bothers me even less.

In 2013, Beyond was released a month before PS4 launched, and the game was great. GT6 was launched few months later. GoT will be fine. I never particularly expected it to come out before summer.

Oct 30, 2017
I can see it being released on PS4 September... patched later on PS5.

This isn't first time Sony release an exclusive on the last few weeks of their console life cycle ( Puppeteer ) or even weeks or months after the release of next one ( God of War 2 and Gran Turismo 6 ).

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Wonder if you'll be able to just play something like GoT just buy ps4 version and they patch to higher Rez if playing on ps5?