• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like shit but I'm interested to see what this means for the DS5.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Why not have just made their own version of the elite controller? Like this seems like you're paying half the (full) price of a Dualshock 4 for 2 buttons and a small screen you aren't even able to look at

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Having an OLED screen on the back of your controller is an interesting decision.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I wish the buttons were just paddles on the two wings like they are on an Xbox Elite Controller, but this is better than nothing. I'll probably pick it up.

I didn't see the ad, I thought the buttons were the screen lmfao. This looks pretty nice. But yeah, the screen seems a little unnecessary.

Last edited:

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Why is the screen facing backwards? Why does it have a screen at all the battery life is bad enough as it is....? This can't be real.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe its got a screen because its secretly a VMU.

Seriously why does it have a screen?

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
If this is an addon, and a prelude to the DS5 does that mean the DS5 replacements will be 80-100 dollars .....

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
An OLED screen, sure, why not? We need more ways to make the Dualshock 4's battery life even shittier.

I hope grip paddles are standard on the DS5 and XBSX controllers though.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Don't we have enough buttons as it is?

Looks like a third party attachment.

I suppose the Elite Controller has the paddles on the back.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
Why does it need to have an OLED screen??

Also, I misread it as a 4 Back-Button attachment and was confused why the video only showed 2 buttons

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
We need paddles as defaults for next gen and we need them as two extra buttons, not as a remap of other buttons. Call them LP and RP or L4 and R4 or whatever you want, but make them into actual extra buttons!

Risk Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I just talked with someone this morning who had cramps from holding L1/R1 for many hours and I remember having some discomfort (that LB held forever in Dark Souls 1...) in the past. Neat idea. Hopefully paddles are standard next gen.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
The way I can press buttons conflicts with the design of this thing.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. Well I'm good, but people that have been wanting paddles will probably be happy.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Why not just make a new controller similar to the elite? This seems like you're paying half the (full) price of a Dualshock 4 for 2 buttons and an small screen you can't even see during play.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
Calling it now, DS5 gonna have a screen on the touchpad, low low cost of $100 per controller and battery life of 3 hours

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
OLEDs use less power than LEDs - I get that part...just why is it on the back lol

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I'll have to get my hands on one of these before I commit. Those buttons don't look like they'd be terribly easy to reach for me, but I know a lot of people swear by the extra back buttons on other controllers on the market.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Why not have just made their own version of the elite controller? Like this seems like you're paying half the (full) price of a Dualshock 4 for 2 buttons and a small screen you aren't even able to look at

You're not supposed to look at the screen. It's just a display for which buttons have been assigned to the paddles.

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
those asking why does it have a screen not watch the video? its for when your programming the paddles. when they are done itll probably go off. you dont need to see it otherwise.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
*makes clicking noises with the two backside paddles on the steam controller* ... cool