Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
That was random as fuck. I like the idea but if this is going to be standard on DS5 I might as well just wait.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I wonder if the OLED on this could be salvaged and repurposed for something like a raspberry pi?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I guess at least there's some kind of first-party thing doing this kind of thing for Sony now. I mean there's all sorts of third-party controllers with back-inputs.

Baby steps, right?

I'll be getting one (if I don't buy a "Corsair SCUF" first. Which fat chance since they're so expensive lol)

I think I take exception to "Its sleek design," though.

oh man - what a bummer that it's not four buttons
Agreed I guess. Four back inputs feels like minimum to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't release a revision of the DualShock 4 with better battery life for six years, but they put R&D into this?
Come on, Sony.
Hope this finds an audience, but I just don't see it happening.
It's a pretty odd design.
Hopefully, this'll be a more fluid addition to the DualShock 5.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda weird to announce this 7 days before Christmas for release at the end of January in the same year that the new console is going to release.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Why not have just made their own version of the elite controller? Like this seems like you're paying half the (full) price of a Dualshock 4 for 2 buttons and a small screen you aren't even able to look at

I'd way rather have a $30 USD thing that works with the controllers I already own than spending $180 USD on a new controller that's incredibly hard to find.

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
This is hilarious. That OLED screen is overkill and will drain the battery even more. Makes me wonder if the DS5 will come with those buttons by default though and this attachment allows DS4 controllers to be used with the PS5.

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas,tx
I had to double check to make sure I wasn't looking at a good fake video lol. Hmmm comes out late January and we expect the PS5 reveal to happen in February. Hope this means DS5 will have these by default.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
People wanting this as standard for PS5 scare me. I really hope that doesnt happen.

Oct 25, 2017
Why not have just made their own version of the elite controller? Like this seems like you're paying half the (full) price of a Dualshock 4 for 2 buttons and a small screen you aren't even able to look at
Yes why not release a 180 dollar controller instead of a 30 dollar attachment for something everyone already has?

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Lights on the controller, display on the back of the controllers. Do they test these at all?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Interesting to get one to test it out as it's kinda cheap but seems weird they released a new hardware peripheral for the PS4 when the PS5 shadow is looking at every turn

Oct 27, 2017
A monochrome OLED screen is the right choice here. The price difference will be minimal at this size and resolution (the OLED might even be cheaper as it doesn't need additional lighting), and it just looks better and more modern.

chowyunfatt

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is absolutely no reason in the world to release this now unless it's because the DS5 has them built in.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
As everyone pointed out, the screen seems super unnecessary. It's still cheap enough that I'd buy one to try it out though.

also I hope it isn't forward compatible. DS5 should be USB-C and ideally come with back paddles by default

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Why a screen on the thing? Just unnecessarily increase the price. A relatively cheap paddle option is welcome, the only cheap alternative I'm aware of currently requires taking apart your controller and DIY.

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
I don't care about this accessory but it bodes VERY WELL for the DS5. I think this means we're getting paddles

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Let me do left click & right click of the touchpad on it & I'm all in. Touchpad doesn't freaking work using Remote Play on iPad & phones.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
This is what Battle Beaver Customs does and the buttons work much better than paddles on a DS4.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Such a weird thing to launch right AFTER Christmas.

So I guess there is their answer to the Pro controller. Nice option for those who want it.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
As everyone pointed out, the screen seems super unnecessary. It's still cheap enough that I'd buy one to try it out though.

also I hope it isn't forward compatible. DS5 should be USB-C and ideally come with back paddles by default
Already confirmed to be usb-c with the last wired article

I could see myself trying this thing on. Hopefully it's decently priced around here.
It's usd30 which I think is pretty cheap

TortoiseRevenge

The Fallen
Jan 1, 2018
Why have the screen? Or if you have it when not keep the button on the back but put the screen in the front so you can see what mode you're on