• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
No one ever posts the best music.

I think a port is only a matter of time. I'd love to do a 100% playthrough on the Switch. So, can't wait to play it again and XCX: Episode 2.

And also

Tatsu isn't that bad. Potatoes are good.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Hoping we'll get it ported to Switch although it's incredibly unlikely...

Such a good game, the exploration was insane

Feb 16, 2018
I need to play this again, easily my number one port dream. Also please give of us sequel, the world building and lore was great even if the main story was underwhelming. Mira is the greatest video game world created as far as I'm concerned.

Oct 25, 2017
Peachtree City, GA
Dear Monolith Soft,

Please port Xenoblade Chronicles X to the Nintendo Switch and expand on its online portion. If not, please release Xenoblade Chronicles X-2 on Switch and make it Nintendo Switch's version of Phantasy Star Online.

I believe the game itself can be tackled with others via co-op, and allow other players (up to four?) to get together and complete the missions.

What say you ERA?

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Dear Monolith Soft,

Please port Xenoblade Chronicles X to the Nintendo Switch and expand on its online portion. If not, please release Xenoblade Chronicles X-2 on Switch and make it Nintendo Switch's version of Phantasy Star Online.

I believe the game itself can be tackled with others via co-op, and allow other players (up to four?) to get together and complete the missions.

What say you ERA?
Yeah it's a shame the online stuff was so undercooked in the original. Being able to rent out your character was cool though.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
I won't be able to die happy until an enhance version of the game is made. It doesn't even have to be on the switch. Just a new version that would come out someday. I love the game so much but it has so many issues and baffling design decisions that holds it back from true greatness. An new version that fixes all the issues and ads more story would make me lose my shit!

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
This game is too perfect to exist. I want to revisit Mira on the Switch, but I'm not feeling too optimistic. 😢

Also, reminder that the five year anniversary is coming up at the end of April. Gotta wait another five years before the game is eligible for the "Definitive Edition" treatment.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
One of the reasons why I'm still having my Wii U. Never got around to beating it, but loved every second when I played it. I should get back to it eventually. Flying around with your mech is so cool.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brilliant game.

Great OST.

Amazing open-world.

Best character: Elma.

An incredible plot that unravels naturally throughout playing.

Tatsu NOT food

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
What a coincidence, I just reinstalled Cemu last night to play X and now it can run at buttery smooth 60fps at 4K internal resolution.

Absolutely the best Xenoblade game in term of world exploration, 1 and 2 doesn't even come close.

Honestly can't wait for X2, the cliffhanger is too much goddammit.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
The game also doesn't explain a lot of things.. you literally needs to read the manual or what youtube to understand and to know what to do.. it's the first game I had to read tutorials
XC2 also have a lot of mechanics not well explained that youtube helps a lot.

I don't know if that solves your orientation/anxiety problems but maybe can help a little

I remembered I tried looking some stuff up, it helped some but I reached a point where I basically had to turn to Google so often that the game ceased being fun. It also doesn't entirely alleviate the issue anyways.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
My fav of the XB series. I loved the exploration and the combat was so satisfying. Switching between firearms and melee weapons and responding to soul voices during battle just felt so good. I didn't think I'd like the addition of firearms but it worked so well. It might lack in story but it easily has the best gameplay for me as far as JRPGs, right up there with The Last Story

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
one of the best games I've ever played. honestly i need to play it again

Oct 27, 2017
...But it's not just a pretty world. Monolith Soft has always made a point to make everything big compared to your character and make you feel like you're exploring vast areas, but XCX took the meaning of scale to a whole different level. There are essentially three stages of scale in the game: the first thirty or so hours, when you're roaming around by foot and are essentially smaller (sometimes MUCH smaller) than pretty much everything - you're like the size of two alien rats put together. The second stage is when you're getting your mech without being able to fly yet, but can already fight against beasts that were ten times your size before. You can already access places you couldn't before, and fight foes that would obliterate you before. And then, the third stage is when you acquire your flight license and can roam the skies with your mech...
great game with some great tunes.

Didn't know there was a piano version on the OST itself, beautiful. The original track definitely made an impression on me, especially at night, thought it was absolutely fantastic (as was the sense of exploration and sense of scale). Hope I can go back and finish the game at some point:

www.youtube.com

46-:ri9 (Sylvalum Night) - Xenoblade Chronicles X OST - Hiroyuki Sawano

The second section of the song "46-:ri9" from the Xenoblade Chronicles X Original Soundtrack. Composed by Hiroyuki Sawano. Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/...

Slay

May 14, 2018
I know exactly how you feel OP. I watch that trailer from time to time. This game gave me a feeling that hasn't been replicated since.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
I never bought the game but was always mesmerized by the trailers. Thought the music was really good and the scale looked awesome. I think it was mainly the time sink factor that kept me from getting involved.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
It's a great game. I was expecting more from the narrative given Takahashi's past projects, but the world and exploration were among the best I've played. I even liked most of the music.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
fucking same. it's the best Xenoblade game.

maybe we're not getting a Switch port cuz it'll be coming on the Switch successor instead huehue

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Gosh this game was awesome we got a full on Sci-Fi Jrpg for the first time in forever. I still remember how hyped I got when I unlocked the mech. Such an awesome moment

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I finally started playing Xenoblade X recently (in CEMU, made a backup of my copy), and I'm actually mad that I didn't start playing it sooner.

I enjoyed XB2, but it felt like a step down from XB1 in a few key ways. Exploration felt more limiting, the scope ironically enough felt smaller, and of course the story didn't really have the same sort of gravity that the first had.

XBX has been basically everything I loved about the first game, turned up to 11. Bigger, better world. Characters with more interaction in the party. NLA is like a giant Colony 6 in the best possible way.

I'm loving it.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
To qoute the song of my people:

Uhh uhh yeah yeah Uhh yeah yeah yeah

We need a sequel to this outstanding game.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You are not the only one, OP.

X is in a different league compared to even games in its own series (for better and for worse), and I would love to see a sequel or given a second chance on the switch. The world has a sense of scale that even BotW wasn't able to recreate, and the sidequests still have the best writing in the series (water purification plant anyone?). The 200+ hours I spent in Mira will forever be special to me.

Game also has one of the most beautiful ocean themes, but it was ruined by the awful sound mixing and music direction.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I want this game on Switch so bad.

I DO NOT need faces to be remade, I kind of fear that would actually happen.
I want a shop for enemy parts using normal money, sound settings for volumes and maybe a party menu for people who have trouble managing the party members.

I want this game so bad.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
Bext Xenoblade game, although it needed better tutorials and easier ways to build affinity. The main plot wasn't that great, but some of the sidequests were far better-written.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
It's the only Xenoblade I ever finished. I loved the exploration and the mech customisation.

XC2 I dropped after ten hours in because the battle system is a mess.

Molten_

Oct 28, 2017
Exploring sylvalum for the first time is one of my fondest gaming memories. Truly magical

Dec 23, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles X is something I definitely wanna play.

When I look at the game, it just feels so...out there.

I got an eye for games like this.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
this is one of those games I am so mixed on, I cannot decide if I like it or not. I LOVE what I like about it, but I really DESPISE what I dislike about the game.
LOVE:
- Mechs, we need more JRPGs with Mechs
- Exploration is one of the best
DESPISE:
- Soundtrack, I would often play without sound
- Character faces, they are so unbelievably ugly which is surprising since JRPGs tend to focus on those things, it sounds petty but every cutscene the camera is relatively close to them and they were kind of disgusting to look at
Still confused about why it was called Xenoblade lol

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
X was a very flawed game but incredibly unique.
I feel like it could become a masterpiece if it was given a proper remaster treatment that expands on the story, both fixing up the existing one and fleshing out the ending stuff, add some QOL stuff like a better introduction to all the systems in the game, better party management, more clear H2H notifiers.
Pipedream stuff is getting better multiplayer as well, can you imagine actually getting to explore Mira with your friends?
Sadly I don't see that happening anytime soon, and even if we were to get a switch port it would just be a straight port most likely, since they would have to pour some serious resources into fixing the story proper.
I just beat 2 before XBCDE is out and I have been getting the urge of replaying X as well, there's really nothing like it out there.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally started playing Xenoblade X recently (in CEMU, made a backup of my copy), and I'm actually mad that I didn't start playing it sooner.

I enjoyed XB2, but it felt like a step down from XB1 in a few key ways. Exploration felt more limiting, the scope ironically enough felt smaller, and of course the story didn't really have the same sort of gravity that the first had.

XBX has been basically everything I loved about the first game, turned up to 11. Bigger, better world. Characters with more interaction in the party. NLA is like a giant Colony 6 in the best possible way.

I'm loving it.
Gonna echo this sentiment, XBX looks better than XBC2 imo (outside of npc) especially if you play it handheld in which the latter has this horrible sharpening filter.

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
By far the best Xenoblade game with the best soundtrack.
I want a port so bad, but I don't want it on switch. The difference of power between the wii u and the switch isn't enough to offer a better resolution and less pop-up.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
I spent hundrets n hundrets hours in this game upgrading my gear n skells to semi god level alone and still.... theres always a bigger fish one shotting you. The final boss fight wasnt good though, the cliffhanger ending wasnt uber either. Loved the game in general, the back to the future prof was genius!

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
i fucking loved this game so much. like, i would literally be more excited for a port of this on switch than i am for botw2, odyssey2, metroid prime 4... pretty much any of the big switch games coming. its that good.

please nintendo...

im sure if monolith went the wonderful 101 route with a kickstarter, they'd get more than enough for any goals they wanted. the xeno fanbase is massive and very loyal. maybe they should try that

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's my least favourite game in the series, but man, the soundtrack and the sense of scale in the world were wonderful I just got extremely bored with the actual tasks you were doing.