• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will you use the proposed $1000 stimulus check

• Mostly/all bills

Votes: 582 41.7%
  • Mostly/all food

Votes: 176 12.6%
  • Save it/invest it

Votes: 625 44.7%
  • Personal items (clothing, jewelry, etc.)

Votes: 33 2.4%
  • Mostly/all entertainment (games/movies/etc)

Votes: 166 11.9%
  • Household goods

Votes: 39 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 55 3.9%

• Total voters

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm working in healthcare so during this I'll always be in work which I'm grateful for.

So bills, paying off credit cards, basics. Whatever I get I'll get. I'm more focused on helping us fight this thing.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Save half, use some for bills, give the rest to my mom

Also government should kick out a few thousand more for reparations that bill is past due

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Bills and food. My job is ok, but my fiances is on hold with no pay coming in. We actually need it.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Probably what I did with my tax refund this year, 3/4 toward credit cards and bills, 1/4 for fun stuff like new or old games.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I'm in IT and considered 'Vital' since our gas stations are considered a priority. $1000 would go straight into savings in case things get bad for my wife though.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I need a new furnace/AC system, house siding and repairs to my roof. I'd also buy a Switch because... fuck you that's why.

Macattk15

Nov 4, 2017
Right into my savings account as I don't really need it, but it will be nice to just add some padding to my emergency fund.

Nov 13, 2017
$1000 doesn't even cover my rent lol. I'm going to save it. Though my job is safe, I'm so terribly paranoid that it won't be if things don't go back to normal sooner than later.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Throw it in the pile. Probably dump it into my student loans sooner or later, depending how the next few weeks go.

I absolutely don't need it, as I'm still being paid my normal wages for the time being. But hey, I'll take it.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
If nearly 50% of people are going to save that stimulus, I don't know if it will have the desired effect.
Or if they are just spending it on videogames and other luxury items, seems like a lot of money will be wasted.

But this forum might trend wealthier than most of america too so factor that into it as well.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
If my business stays afloat then I'll probably put it into savings. If income dries up then it'll go to bills.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Back into the community. My wife and I are fortunate enough to not need it so it will go to the local farmers, restaurants, breweries and coffee shops we regularly go to. They need it more than we do.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Assuming there is no income cap to receive it, I will be splitting it and giving half each to the two people I know currently going through cancer treatment because OUR FUCKING HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IN THIS COUNTRY IS A JOKE.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
If nearly 50% of people are going to save that stimulus, I don't know if it will have the desired effect.
I may be wrong, but I think this is what happened with Bush's stimulus checks. Tons of people stashed the money away in savings, so it didn't do much to boost the economy.

The real positive from this is that it will help prevent poorer people from becoming destitute, even if only a little bit.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
i'd upgrade my pc, which i've desperately needed to do for like 5 years. after that, there's a whole bunch of stuff i should get but have been putting off, like a new pair of glasses (i have new contacts but my backup pair of glasses has a prescription so out of date they give me a headache) or new bras that fit or new sneakers to replace my beat up pair.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I think the problem will be ... what can you spend it on? If we're all sheltering in place, I guess we're realistically talking about things you can buy online or have delivered to your house.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ps5_logo.0.jpg

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Pay off this month credit card bills and spend the rest on gas, food, house hold items.

Oct 27, 2017
Vacation after all this is over, should have enough saved up to cover two and half months worth of expenses right now.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
If I remain employed: Mostly paying off debt, but I might treat myself to a game or two... especially if we learn that the PS5 has PS2 BC tomorrow, might wanna snap up a few games while they're still cheap.

If I find myself unemployed: rent, food, etc