• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will you use the proposed $1000 stimulus check

• Mostly/all bills

Votes: 582 41.7%
  • Mostly/all food

Votes: 176 12.6%
  • Save it/invest it

Votes: 625 44.7%
  • Personal items (clothing, jewelry, etc.)

Votes: 33 2.4%
  • Mostly/all entertainment (games/movies/etc)

Votes: 166 11.9%
  • Household goods

Votes: 39 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 55 3.9%

• Total voters

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anything that's not for food will be stashed away for the next time shit hits the fan.

I might use some to preorder a PS5 if things have actually improved by then

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
I need a new tv... going for a sub $220or less or even a monitor (my tv is about to crap out)

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be using it to payoff a past dental bill to help free up some debt. The rest I'll be saving up and helping to support my mom, as she's had a recent unforeseen medical issues and bills piling up.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't need it. And judging by the responses in this thread there are a fair number of people even on this board that don't need it either.

It would be a waste for it to go to people who have healthy savings and a good job. Instead spend that money on helping hospitals expand their capabilities, buy respirators, etc.

But obviously a lot of people do need it as they are going to be really hard hit by the coming downturn and layoffs. They should get it tomorrow.

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
been out of work for over 6 months now, and am almost out of cash. pretty much the only option is food and bills while trying (and failing) to force myself not to buy any more damn games. thankfully(lol) i still live with my parents so bills arent a huge problem other then student debt(which i haven't paid for the last 6 months because i would have been broke in like 3 months after losing my job).

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not american, but if I got an extra 1000 i'd save it towards a new washer/dryer/stove/fridge. That or hookers.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Probably towards one of Nvidia's 30xx cards when that comes out. Thankfully I'm in a position where I don't have to worry about finances. At least for the foreseeable future.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't need it. And judging by the responses in this thread there are a fair number of people even on this board that don't need it either.

It would be a waste for it to go to people who have healthy savings and a good job. Instead spend that money on helping hospitals expand their capabilities, buy respirators, etc.

But obviously a lot of people do need it as they are going to be really hard hit by the coming downturn and layoffs. They should get it tomorrow.
I'll take yours. I need it.

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
futurama_04_0416_act2.jpg

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Save & Invest but I think I want to set aside an allocation to donate if things get really bad (they probably will)

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
We are having our house painted this summer for ~$6k so probably just put it towards that.

That's assuming my wife and I keep our jobs and things are back to normal in a few months.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm not well off enough where $1000 is something to sneeze at, but it's not going to change my life either.

as a "course correction" it'll do the job i guess. increase confidence, ease near future spending, which i suppose is the point.

all depends on how deep of a hole we're really about to fall into

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

forward it to my address

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Wedding fund, had a wedding planned for 4 years happening this June in Mexico which I'm not very confident is happening anymore.

Noctilum

Nov 28, 2017
Save it. Come tax time next year IRS will come knocking, wanting it back just like all the other times they did this. I'd rather owe debt to any one over the IRS, even a loan shark.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I will put it in our emergency fund for now. In the summer I'll probably use it do a few minor updates to our house. Perhaps we'll use it to get new Kitchen Appliances as our dish washer is dead, our stove and fridge are on their last legs.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure. I wouldn't use it (mostly) on entertainment, that's for sure. A mix of bills, essentials, and savings I suppose.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Probs give it to my GF's dad, he's a high risk case and shouldn't be going out at all, but they don't have any savings to fall back on. We should be able to weather it without any support