• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
OivgqRa.gif

May 5, 2018
Dave Lang playing some Outer Worlds right now. Reminds me that it might be between that or Control as my final AA/AAA game on PC I'll likely play this year. I thought about Jedi Fallen Order and no matter the review scores, I just remembered that if my PC can't handle Sekiro, it has no prayer for Star Wars which is gonna be the more graphically intense game. Control would be good because I hear you can beat that game in 10 hours and Jeff's review for it on PC said it was very well optimized. Outer Worlds though it the cheaper option if I can get XBOX Gamepass to work on my PC. Thought how is the optimization for OW? I saw the PC version has the lowest MC score of all the versions of that game. Does it mean the PC version has more issues that the console ones?

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Dave Lang playing some Outer Worlds right now. Reminds me that it might be between that or Control as my final AA/AAA game on PC I'll likely play this year. I thought about Jedi Fallen Order and no matter the review scores, I just remembered that if my PC can't handle Sekiro, it has no prayer for Star Wars which is gonna be the more graphically intense game. Control would be good because I hear you can beat that game in 10 hours and Jeff's review for it on PC said it was very well optimized. Outer Worlds though it the cheaper option if I can get XBOX Gamepass to work on my PC. Thought how is the optimization for OW? I saw the PC version has the lowest MC score of all the versions of that game. Does it mean the PC version has more issues that the console ones?

Outer Worlds appears to run on some pretty low-end machines, but I can't speak to the performance issues. I will note that if you can get gamepass to work, you really can't go wrong with checking it out for a $1, ya know? No real loss there.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
How do you go from MGS V controls, to this...

nxrgVfa.gif
On the one hand I am interested in the idea of making the entire journey a conflict(the environment is your enemy) rather than using the open world to go to said conflict as it is in every other regular open world game. On the other hand though, I do not think I am able to take 50 hours of this so there better be some bad ass upgrades hidden in the side missions.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so strangely fascinated by Death Stranding. I can't tell if I'm going to love or hate it. I can see why Dan hates it and I think his criticisms are totally legit, and yet I'm still thinking about buying this game.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
the RDR entry in that list was the one I saw going around Twitter and that was pretty terrible

I don't care about how people actually include or exclude or order things, though

oh yeah, that actually did suck, which is probably why it didn't get much mention in the thread

read the Polygon piece after seeing that, and ended up just skipping the Colin Campbell tidbits (I'm sure he's usually not that bad, but c'mon)

anyway, now in the late 2017 portion of Idle Weekend (going backwards), and sitting here wondering if it's truly possible to love podcast hosts or if this is an illusion

probably the most casually kind podcast I've ever listened to

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
I've been in off topic too much today, are we enjoying games in here?

Edit: oh no, DS gifs

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
You use an engine created by a game company that makes mediocre Sony exclusives, instead of the awesome engine you spent almost a decade creating for another company.
I'm not going to say if DS's gameplay is bad or not because I haven't played it.

But it's clownshoes to imply that this is a result of the engine and not Kojima wanting to make this kind of game.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
GB-Era, I present you with a crisis in my household. How do I convince my partner, that doesn't play games, that when I skip a level in Mario Maker 2 that it's just a bad level and I don't just need to get good?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Fallen Order got early reviews too cause I'm potentially interested

but my backlog is already too big and it's the same day as Death Stranding so... probably waiting on that unless it's amazing, really need to start getting through some things this week first, especially if DS is that long

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I'll have to hold the controller to really know how it feels but every time I see a gif or video of Sam with a shit-ton of packaging on him he just doesn't look heavy enough. I remember some other video of him bouncing down a hill and the character just kept flipping around and resetting animations.

But I'll probably play conservatively enough this doesn't really come up because I know I'll get frustrated if it does.

just remembering all those times i fell over and lost all my items in other such decima engine games such as horizon zero dawn and until dawn.
Huh, I didn't know Until Dawn was Decima. That explains why the faces looked so good most of the time.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
if you got through overcooked, you should be fine.
my partner and i love the co-op

...wait, I'm realizing something: if you're both holding a joycon, there's no right stick and they have to design the controls around that

...so are the controls better when you're using only one joycon?

Oct 25, 2017
...wait, I'm realizing something: if you're both holding a joycon, there's no right stick and they have to design the controls around that

...so are the controls better when you're using only one joycon?
i think its about 50/50 on controls. i know for once i dont want to play a game with the pro controller because it just feels terrible.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing about that gif implies the controls are bad. You can also shoot wildly into the air in MGS5 and look like a buffoon, that doesn't mean it controls poorly.

Yeah it's like that video of Heavy Rain where they miss every button prompt and it's hilarious. I'm sure a competent player's gameplay does not look like this outside of rare circumstances.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Only thing worse than losing 99% of your Internet connection is losing 100% of it.

Having no connection reminded me how bad Steam's offline mode is. Did you know that you can't use Steam workshop mods at all while offline?!

The hell is even the point of it....

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After Red Dead 2 and Death Stranding I cant wait for the Dan hype curse to continue and turn BOTW2 into a crock of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.