What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA

Man...I keep thinking there's a new feature or something, but it's just GB's increased attention to social media and tweeting out individual clips from their podcasts

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say this but GB needs a dedicated social media person. Their stuff is somewhat charming occasionally but...very bland.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Does the Bombcast talk DS spoilers like the Beastcast did? I think I have to skip most of my gaming podcasts for the foreseeable future until I finish that game.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Because he didn't make MGSV's controls. It was probably some overworked, underpaid young Konami employee who worked their ass off hoping for a shot at the big time. Then Kojima slapped his name on it, and now everyone associates all those folks' hard work with a dude who wasn't even in the office for the last few months of development and crunch. Then they all got turned into janitorial staff...And then he plastered his own name all over the credits.

...I'm sorry I just feel like they don't get any credit.
Couple things:
-Kojima apparently really does get his fingers over all parts of production. He's very particular like that.
-Ground Zeroes controlled pretty much the same but with less gizmos and his Konami relationship wasn't as strained then, so he was there for that
-Even though he does seem fairly...full of himself, MGSV had the credits for the various designers and performers in every mission. That's more granular credit-giving than you ever get with anything else

Deleted member 29195

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Couple things:
-Kojima apparently really does get his fingers over all parts of production. He's very particular like that.
-Ground Zeroes controlled pretty much the same but with less gizmos and his Konami relationship wasn't as strained then
-Even though he does seem fairly...full of himself, MGSV had the credits for the various designers and performers in every mission. That's more granular credit-giving than you ever get with anything else
I've never believed it personally. Maybe I need to read more about it, but I've always gotten the impression he's the worst boss ever. He sounds a lot like a boss I used to have, so I admit I'm mostly projecting. Is there any of the people on his team coming out and saying he gets involved like that or is he always talking about himself?

My boss used to "get involved" by coming over to your desk and micromanaging your work. They wouldn't know how to code or do professional work like painting, so it was always just over the shoulder criticism and commentary. "That doesn't look so good". But typically they wouldn't have the skills to actually point you in a good direction.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I've never believed it personally. Maybe I need to read more about it, but I've always gotten the impression he's the worst boss ever. He sounds a lot like a boss I used to have, so I admit I'm mostly projecting. Is there any of the people on his team coming out and saying he gets involved like that or is he always talking about himself?

My boss used to "get involved" by coming over to your desk and micromanaging your work. They wouldn't know how to code or do professional work like painting, so it was always just over the shoulder criticism and commentary. "That doesn't look so good". But typically they wouldn't have the skills to actually point you in a good direction.
I think the answer to all this is "How much of his old team came along with him?" Because if it's a large percentage, I think you have your answer there as to whether people like working with him.

I genuinely don't know the answer to that, though.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Kojima made a episodic game ala Hitman.

Imagine getting a Ground Zeros every 3 months for a 16 months.

Deleted member 29195

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think the answer to all this is "How much of his old team came along with him?" Because if it's a large percentage, I think you have your answer there as to whether people like working with him.

I genuinely don't know the answer to that, though.
Totally, I think that would be the answer. And I would love to know as well. Would frankly just love a technical perspective on working with the guy. Because he's never seemed like a programmer type.

Oct 27, 2017
Couple things:
-Ground Zeroes controlled pretty much the same but with less gizmos and his Konami relationship wasn't as strained then, so he was there for that
To add to this I don't think a large amount of your former colleagues would jump ship to your new studio if they were scorned previously.

Edit: Looks like you guys are already talking about this and I didn't refresh the page.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I wish Kojima made a episodic game ala Hitman.

Imagine getting a Ground Zeros every 3 months for a 16 months.
Yeah that's easily what MGSV should have been. Stick a bunch of goofy missions to do on the maps in-between major releases and every 3 months put out a new episode of Camp Omega-sized level. This way your "canon" game isn't stuffed full of repeating bullshit to no end and you can still have hours of material for players to do on each map.

O, what could have been.

Hitman 2016 really impacted what I see as good long-term game delivery. What a good-ass game that was.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
i find it funny that death stranding and metal gear survive seem so similar, like survive could have been a kojima project, despite how it's seen as konami just shitting on the series.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Yeah that's easily what MGSV should have been. Stick a bunch of goofy missions to do on the maps in-between major releases and every 3 months put out a new episode of Camp Omega-sized level. This way your "canon" game isn't stuffed full of repeating bullshit to no end and you can still have hours of material for players to do on each map.

O, what could have been.

Hitman 2016 really impacted what I see as good long-term game delivery. What a good-ass game that was.
Did you buy Hitman 2 and play it to completion?

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
I finally played the Hitman 2 DLC and it is good. First time loading up a new Hitman level and just moseying around seeing the possibilities before deciding on your approach is always a great time.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Finished with Outer worlds.

I liked it but i think it falls short of being great. The narrative, especially in the second half, has some good moments and i liked the companions a lot.

But I also felt that a lot of the systems the game uses are pretty halfbacked. The combat, the loot, crafting and upgrading and stealth are all pretty meh. It's not that they are terrible but they are also not interesting to engage with. I played through on hard and after the first hour, the game difficulty was trivial.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Did you buy Hitman 2 and play it to completion?
Yes, insofar as I completed all of the levels (minus that new resort map) at least once alongside several elusives/escalations/etc. I just played a whole hell of a lot less than I did of 2016 because I could just go right through it instead of hanging on for new drip-feed of game every few weeks. I really enjoyed that drip-feed. Why?

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
Oh this Bombcast was live for non-subscribers? No wonder the quality of chat was particularly bad today.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC

I liked it but i think it falls short of being great. The narrative, especially in the second half, has some good moments and i liked the companions a lot.

But I also felt that a lot of the systems the game uses are pretty halfbacked. The combat, the loot, crafting and upgrading and stealth are all pretty meh. It's not that they are terrible but they are also not interesting to engage with. I played through on hard and after the first hour, the game difficulty was trivial.

All the food stuff was dumb... I barely ever used it. However, as it starts picking up.. and it PICKS UP, I loved it even more.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does the west coast not have prep days like east? Seems like west coast in general just gets through way less games.

Brad is holding off on playing until the servers are back up as the social stuff interests him quite a bit. He was lamenting during the Extra Life stream that he wants to play more but doesn't want to play offline.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
They should do a Film & 40s of Bad Boys 1 and 2 leading up to the release of 3.

Fq1dcJQ.png

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017

i'm still pretty early on into it (at roseway) and playing on hard but i've been finding it mechanically underwhelming. there's so much loot, and because of that so much vendoring. the inventory management sucks (i don't want icons that i need to hover over to know what i'm looking at), the whole food tab is pretty bunk because it's a hassle to look through everything and so many things have redundant effects. it's super easy to get generalist in your skillset, and being able to have a high enough lockpick skill to pick things for free feels cheesy, and uses for shunts are so few and far between.

i'm not really feeling the dialogue stuff so far, mostly because it's hard to get invested into a lot of the characters because of how corporate most are. aside from the generator at emerald vale i haven't made anything i'd consider a meaningful choice, and i feel like i'm really going through the motions when talking to npcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.