• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed my item crafting is greyed out, but I've had the kit for ages and used it a load.

Does it run out?

EDIT: weird, minimised to type this, went back to game and it's back!

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely love the game. Exploration is phenomenal. I'm playing ages already, but still only in Limgrave. This game seems massive.

The small gameplay additions are absolutely fantastic, like the refreshing flasks if you defeat a enemy group. The four extra quickslots in your pouch. Torrent feels fantastic.
And it can't be stated enough how great just gathering feels coming from Forbidden West where you have to stop for every medicine plant/tree you pick up. Especially mounted. It is so nice to pick stuff up without slowing down.

I just beat Margit, and cleared most of the Limgrave part (not the eastern part though) including Agheel. My Wretch jack of all trades is coming along nicely, but there is one thing that is very annoying, i still haven't found a staff for casting magic yet. Please someone tell me there is one in the first area, otherwise this will also be stupid with other characters in the future, where it would be better to just start in a class with a staff to at least have the option early if you are not going for a definitely not going to use magic built.

Performance on PC is OK most of the times, with the stutters that everyone has and especially when fighting multiple enemies on horseback. Oh yeah and Bloodstains don't seem to work. Doesn't show anything.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Godrick is just insane. just insanely fast, huge explosions everywhere. Got him down to 1 quarter health on the first try but damn.

Okay so this is only after 8 hours and only seeing the first "island" of the overworld or whatever you wanna call it but...
I really don't think the game is all that great so far. in fact, I think the Open world detracts from some of the level design I've come to love from these games. Instead of diverse areas interconnected with each other I got cave 1 and 2 and catacombs 1 and 2, each consisting of 2-5 rooms and ending in a mini boss that doesnt have anything to do with the actual progression, so it feels less rewarding to beat them.
The bosses themselves definitely follow the Bloodborne/DS3 school of design with super fast combos that need good dodge timing, but I don't know, here it feels like they overdid it.
The overworld is...pretty I guess. Fairly boring otherwise though. Guess they can't really put too much good loot in the overworld because too many people might miss it.
And I've only been to the first big castle as its own oldschool like area but I couldn't tell you if that castle is what I call good level design either. All that rooftop stuff was just confusing as fuck (to me, at least). And so many dead ends without items!

Again, Im not super far into it yet, but...meh

I'm also 8 hours in, and I mostly agree with this. I'm feeling a lack of direction more keenly than in any of the previous games, and Margit seems like overkill for this stage of the game. Now, that said, I felt the same way about BOTW and I ended up loving it in the end. So I'm hopeful that will also be the case here.

TheCommonDan

Oct 27, 2017
Holy SHIT this game! From Software have nailed open world.

Me and mate started and played like 4 hours damn its amazing. I've chosen Astrologer and the long distance magic is great compared to my melee experience on Bloodborne.

I was just getting toasted in the beginning, I ain't beaten a boss yet but its so awesome just so much exploration already. I've gone south to the castle and it's achievable but so intense. Levelling up as much as you can with runes helps the difficulty for sure, I've hardly bought anything so far.

Is anyone else pissed off horseback control is O for dash and L3 to dismount?

Also secret path ahead....

That Night Cavalry came up on my inventory and fucked me real good!
Also in the castle my mate found a red brain fucker thing that gives weapon skills, does it come back if it vanishes?

Mar 19, 2021
I'm so insanely in love with this game, I can't pull myself away. Keep finding new cool stuff literally everywhere and I still haven't even touched Margit (but ventured far North anyway lol).

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Sigh… this is yet another From game where I'm going to progress so slowly because the co-op is just so damn fun.

Hours later I'm still just at level 3, helping people out with the Beastman of Farum Azula. Getting summoned within a minute every time.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sigh… this is yet another From game where I'm going to progress so slowly because the co-op is just so damn fun.

Hours later I'm still just at level 3, helping people out with the Beastman of Farum Azula. Getting summoned within a minute every time.

iu

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like group password works like intended! I just found one of ERA's own unfortunate souls, getting bodied by Tree Sentinel:

uqQUN6f.jpg

It seems like our messages, bloodstains, coop runes etc. will be circled with additional runes, so keep an eye out!
Oh this is cool. Where can I get the password?

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
what level were you when you beat him? im using a +3 greatsword and I feel like im not doing too much damage.

or maybe he is just meant to be pretty tanky
Lv 15 Samurai using +3 Uchigatana. I feel like my damage was ok first half of the fight and then it just tanked second half because it was hard to hit more than one or two attacks. I had to play much safer than I usually do, which made the fight feel long though.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on Series X and can't log into the game's network, I have no issues with Xbox live at the moment. Is anyone currently experiencing this?

trimin

Oct 25, 2017
So how many players can you summon into your game? I've been on media blackout so I'm not sure if it was in one of the gameplay trailers.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
bruh what the fuck am i playing.

this game is so good.
Pretty much this. I just can't believe it exists. It's just amazing moment after amazing moment. I'm about 12 hours in. Fought two bosses, still using starter equipment and haven't PvP and I'm loving it. I am just enjoying the hell out of this and tasking my sweet time exploring.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
ok, time to go to work. 8 hours straight was a good first session lol :D

Level 23, this is my progress so far (map locations spoiler I guess)

Still haven't been to the north part of Limgrave as you can see, let alone Stormveil. Chunkyness aside on PS5 (and make no mistake it gets CHUNKY at times, this isnt just 55 to 50 drops, it drops a lot more I'm pretty sure, strangely not during combat, but in some of the open areas...yeah it gets super chunky), I am of course absolutely loving it, shocking noone.

The botw-style sense of exploration is 100% real, with all the added goodness of the Souls games. Combat is the best it's ever been for myself personally because as a Shield boi, both the new block counter and the jump attacks feel amazing to use. Speaking of, jump button, what a revolution, one of those "I can't go back now" cases.

RBTeemo

Oct 24, 2020
Maybe 10-ish hours in and have just beaten the first "big" boss for most non-spoilery term.
Opened the doors after Godrick and was just absolutely awestruck with how massive an area was in front of me, I have definitely left a lot in the first area untouched (a certain river well) so I know how much was left behind but my god this is such a colossal game.

Absolutely adoring this so far, surpassing everything I had hoped for and I know I have so much still left to go.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Cant connect to online play on XSX

is this me or happening to lots of people?

Happy Puppy

Oct 29, 2017
I found this NPC called Patches ... he seems trustworthy and I accidentally attacked him and turned hostile. Was cursing and thinkind now I have to pay runes for my sins, but just resting in the bonfire resseted him. 😊

Are weapon skills a consumable or you can use it indefinitely on different weapons?
Do we know if we can respec? Want to experiment
Does this game have NG+?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't know what I'm doing wrong lol. I've stayed in the same place leveling up to level 35, because I was doing fuck all damage and dying in 1-2 hit. Now that I am level 35, I am still doing fuck all damage and dying in 1-2 hit.

The only way I can kill anything is by getting a back hit and then finishing them off while they are staggered. That goes for almost any enemy I've come across so far

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
i think i need a different weapon or something. i've been banging my head against the first story boss for like 30 attempts now. maybe i'm underleveled? i'm like 17 i think.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
I wish I wasn't so shit at these types of game, but I've bought it anyway as I love a good open world

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Pro tip : dont automatically use return to entrance after a boss.

Keep looking around Some boss rooms have secrets around them.

Marbled Jelly

May 24, 2021
Alright I'm kind of an idiot and deleted my original save file. Vagabond or Astrologer? I'm literally just sitting here so I'll pick whatever the first response is

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Quick question. Right at the beggining I'm getting a to "cannot proceed until game is fully installed" message. I'm on a PS5, playing the PS4 version that shows as fully downloaded. Am I missing something here?

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Game is cool and all, but I was immediately hit by a wave of anxiety looking at the world and thinking "jfc this game truly is massive, it's a freaking souls game and it will take me months to complete".

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on Series X and can't log into the game's network, I have no issues with Xbox live at the moment. Is anyone currently experiencing this?
Yes, I'm having the same problem. Not much info I can find on how to fix it. Seems like some people are on Calibration Ver. 1.02 and some are on Ver. 1.02.1. My game says 1.02 so I'm guessing that's why I can't connect since I'm using an outdated Calibration Ver. As far as I can tell, there's no way I can force it to download 1.02.1. Can anyone on Xbox SX that has online mode working verify that they are on Calibration Ver. 1.02.1?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I just don't know what I'm doing wrong lol. I've stayed in the same place leveling up to level 35, because I was doing fuck all damage and dying in 1-2 hit. Now that I am level 35, I am still doing fuck all damage and dying in 1-2 hit.

The only way I can kill anything is by getting a back hit and then finishing them off while they are staggered. That goes for almost any enemy I've come across so far

Have you been upgrading your weapons?

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I'm having the same problem. Not much info I can find on how to fix it. Seems like some people are on Calibration Ver. 1.02 and some are on Ver. 1.02.1. My game says 1.02 so I'm guessing that's why I can't connect since I'm using an outdated Calibration Ver. As far as I can tell, there's no way I can force it to download 1.02.1. Can anyone on Xbox SX that has online mode working verify that they are on Calibration Ver. 1.02.1?
Yes I have the same version as you, a bit annoying but online features aren't crucial to me right now anyway.

-Tom

Aug 11, 2018
Just got done with my first 10 hours and my head is spinning.

I honestly do not understand how this game exists in the way that it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.