• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I wonder how new players unlock inner strength or surge?

I wonder if they become general perks like bills were for console.

I would bet they'll do it exactly like they did it with the Bill perks before.
Generally unlocked for everyone and can just appear in the bloodweb.

_____

Happy the discount is 50% and not just 20, but still, I only have Scoops Away and Jonathan Byers, all Nancy costumes, Demo and the rest of Steve will hurt. 🙈

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
What a bummer. Given they were working on Strangers Thing stuff recently with the Jonathan costume, I wonder how sudden this decision was and what actually happened behind the scenes.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks about stranger things.
One thing I don't like about licensed dlc

Indeed, that´s the real risk with all this guest character craze that´s going on. And DbD is a tough one as they are not just cosmetic skins.
Have been kinda hoping they would have been able to negotiate like a 10 year deal for all these characters but guess not :/

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017
That's a bummer about Stranger Things. I prioritized grabbing all the licensed DLC during the last sale for this exact reason though.

Really sucks that we're losing a map too, kinda hoping they rerelease a generic version of it even if Hawkins wasn't my favorite.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
That's a bummer about Stranger Things. I prioritized grabbing all the licensed DLC during the last sale for this exact reason though.

Really sucks that we're losing a map too, kinda hoping they rerelease a generic version of it even if Hawkins wasn't my favorite.
My bet is that is exactly what they will do with the Hawkins map. Also I was reading on the subreddit (though it isn't confirmed) that Netflix wants to make their own Stranger Things games and that is why the license wasn't renewed. Sounds like a Netflix move to me honestly...

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
My bet is that is exactly what they will do with the Hawkins map. Also I was reading on the subreddit (though it isn't confirmed) that Netflix wants to make their own Stranger Things games and that is why the license wasn't renewed. Sounds like a Netflix move to me honestly...

Ehh, Hawkins is a pretty hated map overall :D just redesign a whole other laboratory map instead pls

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This is also a pretty typical BHVR move, release bad news on one day, announce cool new good stuff a day later so everyone forgets. 😅

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't mind the hawkins map as a killer, I always seem to get it as Oni though lol Shame the license only lasted like 2 years, but who knows why.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what's causing all the toxic players to show up. Just had a match where one of the players jumped in and out of a locker next to mine to call the killer there and pointed at me. The killer then pulled me out of the locker and hooked me and, if that wasn't enough, that same survivor stood by my hook and waited until half my bar was gone and unhooked me while the Nemesis was watching so they'd get to use that instant kill attack you get off a Mori.

I blocked both players. Hopefully that means I can't be matched with either any more.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the hawkins map as a killer, I always seem to get it as Oni though lol Shame the license only lasted like 2 years, but who knows why.

Might have been a yearly contract that they renewed. And if netflix wants to focus the IP onto their own big game, they might have just declined future renewals from netflix's side :/

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
cant say I am super stoked for pinhead, but I have never seen a single Hellraiser movie. Guess I will binge them if he gets announced
Just watch the first 3.

The dangers of licensed characters :E Stranger Things chapter is being unlisted this november. Buy it now if you want something from it! (they haven´t said yet if it´s possible to re-negotiate it like Freddy though)

So sad. However in its honor I played Demopupper for the first time since the Anniversary event and got my first 4k with him!

Demopupper is such a good boy.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I actually really liked the Hawkins map, it was a nice switch up after what seemed like me always getting a long streak of outdoor maps.

Also, for the people who said they are going to stock up on the stranger things physical bundle, the last time I was at walmart the clearance section was flooded with them. Id check there.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I actually really liked the Hawkins map, it was a nice switch up after what seemed like me always getting a long streak of outdoor maps.

Also, for the people who said they are going to stock up on the stranger things physical bundle, the last time I was at walmart the clearance section was flooded with them. Id check there.
Not gonna lie if I find one I'm buying instantly.

Unrelated to that. On Console has anyone experienced all the textures going super low res on pallets, gens and characters when on RPD?

I just had that happen and while it was nice because there was no lack or stuttering, it was weird because I felt like I was playing a Unity rip off of dead by daylight

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Guess I will get dive into the game again, and get the Stranger Things chapter sooner than later lol. Would have to look through the additional skins, but I am definitely getting Scoops Ahoy Steve. XD

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching otz play right now on twitch.

It feels like PTB is mainly a way to get influencers to advertise the newest dlc.

Thanks! Watching now.

Man that "teleport over to whoever is solving the cube" thing is pretty OP. Oh you don't even pick them up to hang them on the hooks, the chains do, that's rad as hell.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
So the lamentation box is only held by one survivor at the start? What happens when you solve it?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw someone mess around with him on stream. He seems like a very unique killer, but also quite complicated. I think he'll take some getting used to.

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
So the lamentation box is only held by one survivor at the start? What happens when you solve it?

Lamentation box spawns somewhere random. When you solve it, it stops the random chains from flying in and hitting you.

Once you pick it up you cannot drop it. Once it's solved it spawns somewhere else. If the killer uses it then it causes all survivors to scream (finally more use for calm spirit!)

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Lamentation box spawns somewhere random. When you solve it, it stops the random chains from flying in and hitting you.

Once you pick it up you cannot drop it. Once it's solved it spawns somewhere else. If the killer uses it then it causes all survivors to scream (finally more use for calm spirit!)
Also I think once you've solved it Pinhead can teleport to you.... You opened the box... he comes...

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it would be really weird for them to not lock down the licensed content for a longer period of time given I think their intention is to do two licensed killers a year going forward iirc (though I can't recall if that was stated by them or was speculation).

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
It is odd that they don´t do a proper introduction trailer to the new skills :D But here´s a couple youtubes

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
All of pinheads animations and stuff look amazing. Really unique.
Guess I'll start watching the Hellraiser movies tonight lol