• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Okay I usually defend matchmaking. Swfs make it hard to be fair. But two matches in and I a lowly 14 have been ranked with entire team of purple and red ranks both times.

I did dodge a Lobby of 4 identical Megs all wearing her track uniform as well.

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Hotfix is out. Trickster was buffed lol.

Content

The Trickster:

• Increased time before Laceration decay to 15s (was 10s)
  • Increased maximum throw speed bonus to 30% (was 25%)
The Trickster's performance is still lower than we want him after the 5.1.0 release, so we decided to add a bit of power in a few places. Chase dynamics are more interesting now that he has a short delay before Laceration decays but it was a bit too easy for him to lose partial progress toward damaging a Survivor, meriting an increase to the delay.

PatchNotesDivider.png

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue that caused clipping between two shelves in one of the preschool's classrooms in Springwood map
  • Fixed an issue that caused a generator in Lery's memorial Institute not being able to repaired from one side
  • Fixed an issue where the killer and survivor are able to get on top of a coal wagon using a rock and a pallet in the Suffocation Pit map
  • Fixed an issue where there was an invisible collision near the hill close to the main building in Ormond map
  • Fixed an issue where the killers can completely block access to one of Gideon's hook
  • Fixed an issue with the EULA screen Layout
  • Fixed an issue that prevent EULA from being displayed in the tally screen
  • Fixed an issue with the Spectate mode where the power gauge of some Killers were hidden
  • Fixed an issue with the tooltip for cosmetics overlapping with other buttons
  • Fixed an issue with some Tutorial Hud elements still visible in a regular Trial
  • Fixed an issue with wrong icons displayed in the Hud for a very short time
  • Fixed an issue where the Killers' projectiles can pass through one side of the bed covers in Treatment Theatre
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Blight's Lethal Rush ability to consume Play with Your Food tokens.
  • Fixed an issue that may cause the Blight to be unable to move during the recovery animation after performing an attack at the end of a Lethal Rush.
  • Fixed an issue that may cause killers to be unable to use their power if a survivor disconnects during the into camera pan.
  • Fixed an issue that may cause killers to use their power instead of grabbing survivors.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Trapper's Logwood Dye and Tar Bottle add-ons not to darken traps.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Spirit to be able to phase inside of hooked survivors.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Trickster's blades to hit survivors while they are being unhooked.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Trickster to be able to land multiple hits with one knife when using the Cut Thru U Single and Edge of Revival Album add-ons together. Now each knife can apply at most one hit to each survivor.
  • Fixed an issue that may cause position desyncs in the shower tile of the Treatment Theatre map.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the hit marker VFX to stay on the Trickster's knife after hitting a survivor with the Cut Thru U Single add-on equipped.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Demogorgon not to animate during part of the exit portal animation.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Counterforce perk to still show totem auras while affected by the Blindness effect.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the camera not to follow female survivors when being sacrificed on a hook.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some effects to be missing when female survivors are sacrificed on a hook.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the camera to remain static during the Shape's mori.
  • Fixed an issue that caused multiple disconnects between legs and torso of Dwight Fairfield.
  • Fixed an issue where Laurie Strode's "October Cardigan" clips through leg customization items
  • Fixed an issue that caused The Deathslinger's chest customization 'Fish Market Overalls' has the hand bandages floating to the sides when grabbing a survivor
  • Fixed an issue that caused Yun-Jin Lee's leg customization 'Magnum Opus Denims' have charms clipping into it
  • Fixed an issue that caused The Deathslinger's left hand to not be visible in first person view for "Fishy Target" outfit.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the physics of The Spirit's "Oceanic Robe" to be too intense or not intense enough.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Jane Romero's head customizations 'Windswept Wonder' and 'Bohemian Wonders' to have the chokers clipping into her neck
  • Fixed an issue about Nea's Cropped Top torso has clipping issue when used with several legs
  • Fixed an issue that caused The Executioner's rear to be too flat
  • Fixed an issue that caused The Nurse's Lamenting Saw to have the wrong texture and icon
  • Fixed an issue that caused Survivors Beard textures appear miscoloured when the game quality setting is set to "Low"
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Legacy outfits to be too intense
  • Fixed an issue that caused The Deathslinger's weapon cosmetic "Anchored Harpoon" to have a PSI Gauge blocking the Killer's view when aiming down sight
  • Fixed an issue that caused user is returned with a 'Purchase Failed' error after attempting to buy Auric Cells on PS5
  • Fixed an issue that caused The Deathslinger's Anchored Harpoon to not be sold with the Fishy Target outfit
  • Fixed an issue that caused Auric Cell purchases are failing on Stadia
  • Fixed an issue that caused the equip button not to work properly in the Store
  • Fixed an issue that caused The Nurse's "The Ashen Lady" outfit to not remove VFX when deselecting the outfit from the customization tab
  • Fixed an issue that caused sparks in the Treatment Theatre to be very bright
  • Fixed an issue when trying to join a crossplay party with crossplay disabled
  • Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to equip an incorrect outfit
  • Fixed an issue that caused equipped outfit to not save
PatchNotesDivider.png

Known Issues

• Blood Lodge and The Game maps are disabled

Important tidbits

• Blood Lodge and The Game maps are disabled
  • Fixed an issue that may cause killers to use their power instead of grabbing survivors.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Trickster to be able to land multiple hits with one knife when using the Cut Thru U Single and Edge of Revival Album add-ons together. Now each knife can apply at most one hit to each survivor.
  • Fixed an issue that caused The Executioner's rear to be too flat

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Didn't they just say we need to play the game more and they disabled the map? lol It feels like I haven't been on blood lounge in ages, still, not going to miss it.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they just say we need to play the game more and they disabled the map? lol It feels like I haven't been on blood lounge in ages, still, not going to miss it.

it was a cleverly disguised stresstest to find exploits and now it´s offline so they can fix the found glitches :D

at least in the showers you couldn´t pick up crawling people if they align themselves just right in a corner.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Fixed an issue that caused the Trickster to be able to land multiple hits with one knife when using the Cut Thru U Single and Edge of Revival Album add-ons together. Now each knife can apply at most one hit to each survivor.
What? That's not a bug. That's just how the perks combo with each other.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago or so, during the bloodpoints event. I've been playing both killer and survivor and having a fun time for the most part. I've gotta say though that the past week or so, I don't know what happened but whenever I play as killer I seem to get matched with rank 1-10 players almost exclusively while I'm only 16. The last several matches I've had I didn't even hook a single survivor, they, quite literally, run circles around me. It's kind of a bummer 'cause I was having fun when it felt like I was killing at least one survivor per match and even when I didn't get a kill I still felt like I was having fun. Is this always how it is when there isn't an event going on? If so I might just stick to playing survivor, it's a shame but killer isn't fun when I'm playing against people who probably have hundreds of hours over me.
it happens unfortunately. The worst is when you get someone with ttv in their name with you as a survivor. My friend usually looks up to see if their currently streaming the match. Last night we got one that was actually live and they were just trash talking on me and my friend the whole time about how much we sucked and werent helping the team. Meanwhile I was the only person who touched a generator the whole match. Matches can be pretty uneven for killers and survivors

Last edited:

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I'm new to the game. Is it common for them to release licensed characters that regularly? I kind of assumed it'd be one per year or something.

Yeah it's pretty common. There hasn't been any real structure to it though, i guess they will just release whomever rights get negotiated when they want to start development and can plan a release date.

Candyman has just been a long standing rumor and the new movie was pushed back until late August. The next chapter would be releasing just around that time too.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Yeah it's pretty common. There hasn't been any real structure to it though, i guess they will just release whomever rights get negotiated when they want to start development and can plan a release date.

Candyman has just been a long standing rumor and the new movie was pushed back until late August. The next chapter would be releasing just around that time too.
Ah cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Matchmaking for me (GMT) usually goes like

Killer queues during the day are slow as hell up to around 7-8pm where it's often 5+ minutes
Survivor queues are fast up until 7-8pm where it's often 5+ minutes

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I wa getting ~1 min waits during the event. Now it's back to the pre-event slog 😭

bloodpoint events + new wave of resident evil fans flooding the game was a good time :D now you are a true DbD player when wait times are in minutes, not seconds

which is why i think i would prefer the wild matchmaking of just anyone who is available quite flexibly around you rank, instead of trying to pinpoint exactly the same skill level players in the future. speed and random chance over waiting and getting a tournament level match every time :P

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
which is why i think i would prefer the wild matchmaking of just anyone who is available quite flexibly around you rank, instead of trying to pinpoint exactly the same skill level players in the future. speed and random chance over waiting and getting a tournament level match every time :P
I do not care about fair matchmaking, I just want to play haha xD

Light-Cloud

Apr 3, 2021
it happens unfortunately. The worst is when you get someone with ttv in their name with you as a survivor. My friend usually looks up to see if their currently streaming the match. Last night we got one that was actually live and they were just trash talking on me and my friend the whole time about how much we sucked and werent helping the team. Meanwhile I was the only person who touched a generator the whole match. Matches can be pretty uneven for killers and survivors

Wow, that really crappy of them. I'm sorry you had to experience that. I sometimes play with my streamer friend live on Twitch and I can't imagine acting like this towards someone. The more I play the more I see how toxic the player base of this game is. Fortunately there are some nice players out there. The other day I had a survivor allow me to kill them right at the end when they could've easily escaped because they felt I deserved at least one kill after how hard I tried all match, they messaged me afterwards telling me so. I've also had killers taking me to the escape hatch at the end to let me escape, so there are good people on both sides. I try to remind myself of that after having matches against or with people that aren't so nice.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Matchmaking for me (GMT) usually goes like

Killer queues during the day are slow as hell up to around 7-8pm where it's often 5+ minutes
Survivor queues are fast up until 7-8pm where it's often 5+ minutes
Yep, same for me. Play survivor in the day and killers at night for best queue times (US time zones)

I'm guessing at night people are out of work so they're grouping up with friends more so more survivors, but in the day it's more solos so probably a better balance but the 4:1 ratio needed for a game means that there's too many killers then.

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
The secret letters spell out RAISE now

DzFx0wKWwAAEBSw.png

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I still don't know what you could do with Pinhead or if he even fits. He should technically be as powerful as the Entity.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Freddy is a Dream Demon and has limitations, the Cenobites don't really seem to have any.

Plus I don't recall Pinhead ever striking someone with his hands or using a weapon so that throws me off as well.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt the devs care enough about the lore to refuse having killers like Pinhead or Pennywise.

Also SBMM is enabled again.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I still don't know what you could do with Pinhead or if he even fits. He should technically be as powerful as the Entity.

Pinhead "power" changes movie to movie. He struggles to catch a girl who just runs around in both part 2 and 3, but also likes to toy with victims or those he's hunting. They could do all kinds of unique things with Pinhead. Kristy runs away from all the cenobytes in a small English flat in the first movie and they fail to catch her, they aren't the most effective of killers really except when someone tends to just stand there.

In lore Pinhead is also just kind of a worker for "hell", essentially a bounty collector, he's not a god or such, just a mystical being.

Last edited:

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta be Candyman or Chucky with the movie and tv show respectively on the way for them.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
How common are cheats in this game? I've ran into two obvious ones, but my last game had 3 guys whose flashlight still worked by the end. I was easily blinded and stunned 20 times in a game. It never felt like they were attempting to save them either, so it reminded me of the one with the infinite dead hard.

Last edited:

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
How common are cheats in this game? I've ran into two obvious ones, but my last game had 3 guys whose flashlight still worked by the end. I was easily blinded and stunned 20 times in a game. It never felt like they were attempting to save them either, so it reminded me of the one with the infinite dead hard.

I'm at 1600 hours and I don't know that I've ever run into a hacker.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 1600 hours and I don't know that I've ever run into a hacker.

The first two were obvious. One dude kept doing the lunge in quick succession, another kept picking himself up every time I knocked him down.

This game was for just how wasteful they were with the flashlights in general. I was expecting some add ons and perks to prolong, but they had neither. It had me wondering how common it was.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I've only ran into hackers about 2 or 3 times once cross play was enabled. Hasn't been bad at all IMO.

Also, it HAS to be Pinhead. All those clues point to it so well and McCote has always wanted him in the game!

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
What do people think of the skill based matchmaking so far?
Mixed experience so far, more bad than good I'd say. Playing as survivor with others ranged from 11-7 we had three rank 2 killers in a row that ended the game pretty quickly (we asked for their rank in chat afterwards). One of them was very apologetic when they found out our ranks and said how much they hated the matchmaking.

Playing as killer as Huntress and Blight who I haven't played much of was mostly against sweaty, click tea-bagging types which involved a few clutch 3Ks right at the end of the game.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dev said that new killer's pallet and pickup animations should be good, especially if you liked Nemesis shattering pallets with his tentacle. Pinhead has little operating utensils hanging from his belt, so outside of maybe slashing with one of those for his M1, I'm looking forward to him using chains for everything else.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
In all my time playing I have only encountered 2 hackers. One would incrementally increase his speed so as to always be out of reach when I was playing killer, the other was very obviously speedhacking as he was flying around the map like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Dev said that new killer's pallet and pickup animations should be good, especially if you liked Nemesis shattering pallets with his tentacle. Pinhead has little operating utensils hanging from his belt, so outside of maybe slashing with one of those for his M1, I'm looking forward to him using chains for everything else.
Which dev said that?