• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I will never understand "the first 15minutes" videos, isn´t it part of the fun of a new game to discover the start for yourself?

besides that, i have no interest in that game and watched the first 15minutes...holy shit this looks bad.

Looks rough , Ubisoft releasing half baked game it seems.

yep, WD:Legion is also a hot mess and feels unfinished.

This looks like the definition of "wait for sale."

in general a good idea with Ubisoft games these days. or even better, just buy it used later so that this company doesn´t get any money from you at all.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i didnt get a chance to watch it, is Ubisoft still unable to optimize their games effectively? Assassin's Creed Odyssey ran ok in my computer so I hope this does too.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
But the Series X version is on the disc, it's even written on the box itself: "Optimized for Series X"

That's true, but in this age, it doesn't really mean much. As people have stated, it seems like there's a patch to go live before launch that'll enable the XSX optimized version.

The label on the box will be true by the time it's available to general consumers, it's just that it's not true as of right now.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am seeing so many people showing video on a LOT of games without the actual patches applied for next gen. Damn.
Backwards compact versions basically.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Ewww, that looked horrendous.
that Inside Valhalla video looked like 47 times better than whatever this video was, so hopefully we just saw xbox One version with unlocked framerate.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am seeing so many people showing video on a LOT of games without the actual patches applied for next gen. Damn.
Backwards compact versions basically.
That's what embargoes are for I suppose. We should take any videos like this with a grain of salt.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
Another Link

Looks good to me. Them screenshots earlier in the thread aren't a good representation of all of what you see in the video. Not to mention this is heavily compressed and only avail in 1080p. The 60fps is present for sure though, which is great.

I am curious if there is a quality mode to decrease the FPS to 30 and increase the visuals.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Of course new assassin games have worse facial animation, they are many times larger than unity for example with probably 10 times more dialogue. Nobody expects uncharted quality animation from games like horizon or witcher 3 and this is the same case.
Witcher 3 and RDR2 are still leagues ahead

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess reviews will only be based on current gen and PC? Doesn't sound like the next gen patches will be ready in time for reviews.

Oct 30, 2017
I can't view the video.

But the AC Valhalla Deep Dive video from a few weeks back looked incredible.
Does this footage look worse?

I wasn't sure if that was PC or XSX footage.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Another Link

Looks good to me. Them screenshots earlier in the thread aren't a good representation of what you see in the video. Not to mention this is heavily compressed and only avail in 1080p. The 60fps is present for sure though, which is great.

Youtube compression needs to die a fiery death. It looks like this particular video went through:

Compressed from the original render (probably poorly at that).
Uploaded to youtube and compressed a second time
Ripped from youtube
Uploaded to youtube and compressed a third time

I would base your opinion on the official 4k footage released up til now, or wait for competent video people like DF.

Also can't wait for this one to be ripped and uploaded to streamable and be compressed a 4th time.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's what embargoes are for I suppose. We should take any videos like this with a grain of salt.
Very much so but it surprises me as many people WITH the embargo are doing it. I am just washing my hands of it right now.

Isn't that what Smart Delivery was for? So that the user didn't have to do anything?

And yes, AC:V is supposed to use it: https://www.vg247.com/2020/05/01/assassins-creed-valhalla-smart-delivery-xbox/#:~:text=It was recently confirmed that,game on Xbox Series X.
This isn't consumer user side. This is people rushing to make video regardless of that.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Of course SD is for that.
This isn't consumer user side. This is people rushing to make video regardless of that.
Then they should have the patched version already. Unless these SKUs don't represent the retail SKus, which wouldn't be very good.

Yes. But if the game/patch is not out how are users supposed to get the update?
He was saying they aren't using the patched version.... So, if it doesn't exist, then his argument has no weight.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
What is perceivable under the compression looks great. I'd be very very surprised if this wasn't the XSX version.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
What happened to the great animation of the old AC games?

I get that they want to prioritise player agency but damn, the animations have basically taken a free fall since the likes of III, Black Flag and Unity.

Potato Mage

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 28, 2020
Why are people mentioning HZD so much, the robots were cool but the world and NPCs were extremely boring and samey. It's not what comes to mind for me when I think of amazing open world graphics.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
He was saying they aren't using the patched version.... So, if it doesn't exist, then his argument has no weight.

Huh? The final hardware and game aren't out yet to the public. He's just stating that currently the games are running on BC mode (and maybe he's wrong or right idk).

He's not arguing anything.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
Maybe there will be a patch that fixes it. Maybe there is a narrative reason that will make me ashamed of my words and deeds. But right now she has a bored vacant expression on her face as she is on her knees with an axe at her neck. She seems more interested in the nearby crate than her impending doom. It bugs me. A high frame rate and fancy lighting is not going to fix that.